R-Comp announce updates available at Show!

1 view

R-Comp

Feb 20, 2003, 6:41:26 PM2/20/03
We are pleased to announce that several updated software versions
will be released at the SouthWest show this weekend:

GrapeVine 1.06

The latest version of Grapevine - our MSN and IRC communication
and conversation program - allows chat windows to be re-used
if sessions are interrupted/dropped for any reason. This makes
using the program much more pleasant. Various other things
have been fixed and enhanced, and there are now configuration
options so that you can make the program more MSN-biased or
IRC-biased to match your needs. There is also more control
over sound effects and volume, and improvements to text display
in conversation windows.

This update will be sent out (free of charge) via email to
registered users next week.

DataPower 2

We will have DataPower 2 available at the show, and whilst the
software still retains a protection system, we have made the
system much more forgiving. It has been changed so that it
won't potentially damage hard discs (!) and we now supply
more "credits" on the disc, to provide customers with
a "safety net" should they need it.

The 32bit version is still some way off, as we battle our way
through a legion of assembler files each of which needs
updating.

Upgrades from DP1 will also be available for 50ukp inc.,
but please bring your old Datapower 1 disc with you.

Anyone unable to get to the show and wishing to upgrade,
can do so by returning their old disc with a cheque for 50ukp.

Image Outliner

Since taking this product on as part of the Datapower arrangement,
we have removed all the frustrating copy protection, and
it is far more up-to-date in appearance and use. The product
costs 17.50ukp.

WebsterXL

It wouldn't be a show without a Webster update. The version on
the discs must be nearly two weeks old (maybe more <gasp>!)
as we haven't had chance to test and duplicate yesterday's
version. Priority Support customers expect something through
your emailbox soon!

Appologies for leaving the announcement so late, but as usual we've been
working flat out to get new things updated and ready for the show!

PS, one final addendum, we'll have one (only one) brand new Epson colour
printer (ideal for use with UniPrint) for sale for 45ukp at the show.
First come, first served.

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.co.uk