RCI announce multi-display support for RISC OS on RISCubes

R-Comp Interactive/RCI

Jan 22, 2010, 8:52:47 AM1/22/10
R-Comp Interactive is pleased to announce that we are now able to
offer multi-monitor support when running RISC OS on our RISCube
computer systems.

In what we believe to be a first for RISC OS, we can drive two or even
three flat screen monitors over analogue, DVI-digital or HDMI
connections.

By expanding your RISC OS desktop over two screens, you can easily
have multiple documents open in different programs, dragging and
dropping data between them. By their nature, RISC OS applications are
designed to be used together, so having multiple screens makes this
much easier. Practical examples might be having a web browser or
email open on one screen, whilst working on documents on the other.

With costs of LCD monitors continuing to fall (compatible screens can
be bought for around 100ukp each, although more upmarket screens might
cost more), it is no longer "out of reach" to own a multi-screen
setup, and those that have experienced it tend to find it hard to go
back!

Our multi-display technology is available to old and new customers
alike. Most existing machines can be updated to support the new
technology. The technology is compatible with almost all our current
range (the obvious exception being the RISCube Mini), so this isn't
"off-limits" to those on smaller budgets (although the cost of
monitors etc could add up!).

Note that all our 'cubes and laptops have always been able to do
"clone" multi-display technology (for example, for presentations),
provided they have suitable outputs. The new technology allows RISC
OS to drive multiple displays for extra desktop space.

With further devlopment, we may be able offer this technology to
non-RISCube owners (although the support headaches of so many
different setups is somewhat offputting!). If that applies to you,
please register your interest with us.

About RISCubes and RISCBooks

R-Comp Interactive's RISCube range of computers provide arguably the
fastest way to run RISC OS, with a wide ranging compatibility of both
hardware (printers, scanners, USB sticks, hard drives and so on) and
software. Packed with innovative technology (such as that mentioned
here!) we strive to take RISC OS technology forwards, both in terms of
software and hardware.

The computers are also capable of running Windows and Linux, for the
broadest range of compatibility. RISCube/RISCBook owners understand
that whilst they like to spend their time using RISC OS, it is
sometimes necessary to interact with the outside world, and our
computer systems are equally capable to meet that challenge.

Contacting R-Comp Interactive

RCI can be contacted via phone, fax email or web. Our telephone
number is 01925 755043 and website is www.riscube.co.uk
More contact info is supplied in the signature to this message.

--
R-Comp Interactive
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-r...@owlart.net