R-Comp Announce SafeStore Backup and Storage Bundles

1 view

R-Comp

Oct 15, 2008, 5:43:27 PM10/15/08
R-Comp is pleased to announce the availability of our SafeStore backup
software for RISC OS. It is available now, and you can see it live at
the Guildford show this weekend.

SafeStore is a thoroughly modern backup program, designed for those of
us who never seem to get round to backing up. You can set SafeStore
up, and it will then automatically backup your data without getting
in your way - it can work whilst your computer is idle, and backup
as frequently (or infrequently!) as you wish.

The software can back up to all manner of devices - other folders on
your main hard drive, external backup drives, USB pen drives, network
shares (ie. backup to other machines, or peripherals connected to
other machines), or even via FTP to the internet! SafeStore can
automatically log you on to your network connection, and disconnect
when done, if you wish.

The software integrates into your RISC OS computer, either as a
stand-alone program or as a plugin for the standard Configure screen
(the one you see when you double click !Boot). The idea is to make
backup just another system task that you set up, and then let the
computer get on with it. By being hassle-free, you never know, it
might actually get done!

The software has many advanced features, such as the ability to
ignore certain files/folders, and set different schedules for
each and every job. We'd anticipate most users will set up a number
of backup jobs - different work folders will need more/less
frequent backup.

The system also introduces a sophisticated "smoothness" slider,
which allows you to dynamically increase/decrease system
responsiveness as needed, allowing you to get on with work while
the backup proceeds in the background.

Of course, if you find all this talk of automatic backup off-putting,
you can set up and trigger backup jobs manually, for "full control".
However, despite being something of a control-freak when it comes
to his computer, R-Comp's Andrew Rawnsley had this to say - "It's
amazing how reassuring it is to know that SafeStore is quietly
storing away my key files and email, and whilst I don't normally
like automated solutions, I certainly wouldn't want to go back to
the insecurity I had before."

You can even use SafeStore to back up documents stored on other
computers (the source folder can be a network location, too)
which means that SafeStore can co-ordinate all your backups,
copying your files from place to place, ensuring all your systems
are safe. And, with the FTP backup system, you could even
automate your website uploading!

SafeStore is available now for 35ukp inclusive of VAT and delivery.
However, we'd imagine that most people will want to purchase it
with some form of backup device, so we're offering some excellent
bundles. For example, you can buy SafeStore with a 2Gb pen drive
for just 50ukp, or with a 320Gb USB2 hard drive for 79ukp! 500Gb
drives with firewire/eSATA are also available, as well as large
network attached drives - bundles with SafeStore will give you
plenty of change from 200ukp - so come and see us at Guildford or
phone us for more information.

You can find out more at <URL:http://www.rcomp.co.uk/r-comp/safestore>

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:cs...@owlart.net>