ImpEmail 1.05 for Powerbase released

Matthew Phillips

Oct 11, 2012, 6:06:53 AM10/11/12
Back at the Wakefield Show, Sine Nomine Software released ImpEmail, a
mail-merging e-mail client based around the Impulse protocol, used by various
RISC OS databases including Impact, our flagship relational database package.

We are very pleased to announce that version 1.05 of ImpEmail is now
available as a separate product, having been tested with the latest version
of Powerbase. This gives Powerbase users access to the same versatile
mail-merging facilities for producing bulk personalised e-mail messages.

ImpEmail works in conjunction with POPstar or Hermes (part of NetFetch) to
transmit the messages. Version 1.05 now supports unauthenticated SMTP. This
has been provided for users who may not generally use RISC OS for their
e-mail and who do not wish to have to set up that side of things. If your
ISP requires authentication, however, we recommend using Hermes.

A demo version is available to download from the Sine Nomine Software web
site, and can be registered online for just £10:

http://sinenomine.co.uk/software/

(Scroll right to the bottom for ImpEmail.)

The Impulse mail merge protocol was rather badly documented, and in the
course of testing a number of problems with ImpEmail and Powerbase were
uncovered. We therefore recommend upgrading to Powerbase version 9.85 or
later: http://www.boulsworth.co.uk/pbase/

This new version of ImpEmail is also included with version 3.45 of Impact,
which has just been released. A free upgrade for users of Impact 3.41
onwards is available from http://sinenomine.co.uk/software/impact/

Many thanks to Derek Haslam for much assistance with testing and improving
the software.

--
Matthew Phillips
Sine Nomine Software