URLtoIE - easily transfer 'URLs' via LanMan to a PC

John Williams

Feb 18, 2011, 5:07:19 AM2/18/11
Last September, John Williams (News) <UCE...@tiscali.co.uk> announced:

> I have added this program, URLtoIE, to my software pages in the hope
> someone else may find it useful as well.
>
> What it does is to take a text file, an Ant URL file, or an Acorn URI
> file, and extract the URL from it.
>
> It then prepends this with what Internet Explorer would expect to find in
> a simple 'internet shortcut', and allows you to save the result by
> drag-and-drop anywhere you like, but particularly into a LanMan filer
> window - where it will become an IE shortcut file.
>
> Its particular use might be to drag a URL from the URL bar of NetSurf to
> its icon, and then drag the resulting Save icon directly to a LanMan
> filer window. This can be useful where you have attempted to view a page
> in NetSurf, but difficulties result and you want to try it in Internet
> Explorer.

The program is available from:

http://irene.williams.free.fr/software/urltoie

I have removed the feature which caused the program to disappear from the
iconbar if there was no mount connected in LanMan when a file was dragged
to the iconbar icon.

John

--
John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses!
Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject!

--
n.g.b...@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:cs...@owlart.net>