Basalt 1.42 beta released

Steve Drain

May 29, 2012, 3:27:40 PM5/29/12
I am pleased to announce the release of Basalt version 1.42 beta.

Basalt is BASIC Alternative keywords, a module that adds many extra
features to all versions of BBC BASIC V.

This is a stable[?] version of the alpha version I released earlier in
the year with several additional items. It is largely backward
compatible with the previous stable release, version 0.98, but there is
a handful of earlier features no longer supported or with changed APIs,
especially with the Toolbox. Therefore, it will not yet work with the
example applications, which will be updated idc.

The module is now designed to be self-supporting and to be included in
applications, rather than be installed in System, making it very simple
for programmers to use.

The Basalt module can be downloaded from:

http://www.kappa.me.uk/Modules/swBasalt142.zip

The comprehensive StrongHelp manual can be downloaded separately from:

http://www.kappa.me.uk/StrongHelp/shBasalt142.zip

There is an HTML version of this manual online at:

http://www.kappa.me.uk/Basalt/index.htm

This can also be downloaded from:

http://www.kappa.me.uk/HTML/htBasalt142.zip

The HTML manual is a close copy of the StrongHelp manual, but it still
needs some tweeks to the translation.

The best overview of all that Basalt can do can be found from the
Features page:

http://www.kappa.me.uk/Basalt/features.htm

Note that great (long) strings, long integers and structures are
documented, but not yet implemented.

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to cs...@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-r...@owlart.net