GedText version 1.14 released

Rob Hemmings (news2)

Dec 8, 2012, 6:49:57 AM12/8/12

After a long gap I have released an upgrade to GedText which is now at
version 1.14.

GedText is an application that produces a full report (in the form of a
text file) of the entire contents of a GEDCOM (family history) file. It
was written to work with the files generated by the !Family application
on RISC OS but should work with a standard GEDCOM file produced by any
family history application.

Chris Shepheard very kindly hosts GedText for me on his Rural Life
website and you can download the latest version at:

www.rural-life.org.uk/gedtext

GedText is freeware but if you find it useful it would be nice if you
could let me know. Suggestions for future changes are also welcome and
may even get implemented - depending on available time!

The changes to GedText since the previous released version are:

Added the ability to define a separate style of "Surname" for the surname
when outputting a DDF file for input to Impression, Ovation Pro, etc. A
sample style sheet for OvationPro that uses this new style is included in
the download.

Surrounding / characters, if present in the GEDCOM file, are now removed
from all surnames when output is to DDF and from all relatives surnames
when output is to a text file. I.e. for text files only the main name
record for each person retains the / characters.

Fixed bug that caused a crash if a SOURce reference record had no
subordinate records.

Rob Hemmings Southport

rob...@rgvk.co.uk

a.m.c...@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.