RISC OS Open at the Wakefield Show

Steve (ROOL)

Apr 18, 2012, 6:44:20 PM4/18/12
This year, as ever, ROOL are very pleased to say we will be heading North to
attend the Wakefield Show on Saturday 28th April. We're looking forward to
seeing everyone there, whether you're a veteran of the RISC OS scene or a
newcomer.

http://www.wakefieldshow.org.uk/

Things are moving swiftly in all sorts of areas at the moment and ROOL hopes
to be able to demonstrate some of the highlights to illustrate quite how
many exciting things are just around the corner for RISC OS users. Here are
some of the things we're hoping to bring:

* RaspberryPi running a RISC OS port (with any luck). We hope to have both a
production hardware sample and one of the "alpha" development boards

* A pre-release version of a native RISC OS SD filing system (SDFS) and
related software

* Beagleboards running the latest and greatest RISC OS (with lots of recent
improvements)

* An assortment of laptops running RISC OS under emulation

On top of all that, we'll also bring a range of ROOL-branded goodies for
people to buy and show their support:

* Native RISC OS "boot" USB sticks
* PC-formatted RISC OS "emulation" USB sticks
* CMOS widgets for Beagleboard and Pandaboard
* The latest RISC OS native Desktop Development Environment

Don't forget to bring all of your RISC OS 5-related questions along with you!

http://www.riscosopen.org/

--
Stephen Revill, Director www.riscosopen.org
RISC OS Open Ltd