Re: extended characters in raw string literals

David Krauss

Oct 12, 2011, 12:34:06 PM10/12/11
Writing up the last post helped me to see that the second,
"extrapolated" alternative is the only way to go. Maybe there's still
some interesting discussion to be had, but on second thought I don't
think there's any ambiguity. Raw literals cannot be a mechanism for
binary data or introduce a special 1-to-1 correspondence of bytes;
they do not alter the encoding of the resulting string, they only
neutralize the backslash and question mark.

--
[ comp.std.c++ is moderated. To submit articles, try posting with your ]
[ newsreader. If that fails, use mailto:std-cpp...@vandevoorde.com ]