What site generates most downloads?

1 view

Fam. Nielsen

Jun 25, 2006, 11:24:14 AM6/25/06
Hi Group,

I'm getting more and more tired of CNet (download.com) and Tucows, and then
my big question is:

What download site do you have the biggest success with (generating the most
downloads, easiest for potentioal customers, fair in processing time and so
on).

My products are mainly utilities (internet, backup and more) for M$ Windows.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Dan Nielsen

st...@tropheus.demon.co.uk

Jun 25, 2006, 1:31:40 PM6/25/06
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:24:14 -0400, "Fam. Nielsen"
<nie...@mauidan.dk> wrote:

>Hi Group,
>
>I'm getting more and more tired of CNet (download.com) and Tucows, and then
>my big question is:
>
>What download site do you have the biggest success with (generating the most
>downloads, easiest for potentioal customers, fair in processing time and so
>on).

My own site generates far more downloads than the other hosts that I
occasionally have a look at. Referrals from Google to my site result
in the most downloads.

http://www.easynn.com

llothar

Jun 25, 2006, 4:25:21 PM6/25/06
Fam. Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> I'm getting more and more tired of CNet (download.com) and Tucows, and then
> my big question is:

Common answer is CNet and forget about Tucows.
Build a community is the best now, not a download site.

Of couse this requires that you have a 110% product, something many
shareware authors do not.