mslu-problem

Steven Van Ingelgem

Sep 20, 2005, 4:06:35 PM9/20/05

I am trying to get the unicows-thingie working, but it always fails on the
::LoadLibraryW-call.
The LoadLibraryA-call works like a charm, but I always get the 2nd
messagebox. [cfr src/msw/main.cpp @ 330].

I am using libunicows combined with the latest version of the unicows.dll
(1.1.3790).

What can I do to deploy my application on Win9x?

Thanks,
Steven

Vadim Zeitlin

Sep 20, 2005, 4:40:32 PM9/20/05
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:06:26 +0200 Steven Van Ingelgem <kom...@hotmail.com> wrote:

SVI> I am trying to get the unicows-thingie working, but it always fails on the
SVI> ::LoadLibraryW-call.
SVI> The LoadLibraryA-call works like a charm, but I always get the 2nd
SVI> messagebox. [cfr src/msw/main.cpp @ 330].
SVI>
SVI> I am using libunicows combined with the latest version of the unicows.dll
SVI> (1.1.3790).
SVI>
SVI> What can I do to deploy my application on Win9x?

You have to ensure that you link it correctly, i.e. that unicows.lib is
always the first one in the list of libraries (for wx DLLs, if you use
DLLs, and your app). If LoadLibraryW() fails, all other W calls will fail
too.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

Steven Van Ingelgem

Sep 20, 2005, 5:21:39 PM9/20/05
You're right...

I tried by removing the loadlibraryW-call, and it failed somewhere in some
init-procedure...

Also, I DID enter unicows.lib as the first of my links:

# ADD BASE LINK32 unicows.lib wxmsw26u_core.lib ...
# ADD LINK32 unicows.lib wxmsw26u_core.lib ....

Also when I see in project settings under the link-tab it is the first to be
mentioned. That's why I thought (this time) I did everything right...

For anyone searching on this list for the same problem:
This has been a handy site:
*
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mslu/winprog/compiling_your_application_with_the_microsoft_layer_for_unicode.asp
* Also see that the wx-libs you include are AFTER all the default libs, and
that the unicows.lib is the very first one in the row... That's it.

Vadim it works ;)

Thanks!