SPSS 16 on Mac - Problems

NCortes

Feb 5, 2008, 5:17:10 PM2/5/08
Hey Everyone-
I guess this is a question more the Mac users. I installed SPSS 16.0
on my Mac, and had to uninstall due to some issues. Naturally, did
not even occur to me that SPSS could have the uninstall feature and as
normal I just sent it to the trash and delete it. I was not trying to
install it again, and it keep saying that I have Mac SPSS 16.0 already
installed and the installation cannot be done. I tried to remove all
files from the system and library that would say "spss" and I still
get the same message. Any ideas?

Thank
Nelson

info.s...@earthlink.net

Feb 6, 2008, 1:05:23 PM2/6/08

Not a Mac user but with the PC, will have to also clear out all
registry entries (be sure to backup first). Also, might have to
install to another folder, e.g., if first went into SPSS16 make the
2nd install SPSS.

HTH

NCortes

Feb 6, 2008, 5:32:02 PM2/6/08
On Feb 6, 1:05 pm, "info.stat...@earthlink.net"

Thanks! I cleared all the files and folders, but there was one that I
was missing. Stupid SPSS creates a BAD version of an installer
version in user:InstallShield
That was the folder creating all the problems.

Thanks

babak...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2008, 7:52:52 AM2/21/08

Hey everybody. I kinda have the same problem: spss 16.1 installer
tells me that a there is still a previous version of spss 16 on my
mac, but I can't figure out what I should delete in order to get it
working. Could someone please elaborate on what I should do? I've been
running boot camp so I could work with spss for windows, and now I've
tried to uninstall that one as well, but it won't work.
Thanks

nipeng...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2008, 4:10:45 PM3/1/08

Thank you so much, NCortes. I encountered the same problem with you. I
spent a whole week tried to figure it out but no results.
Now, after getting rid of the stupid InstallShield, everything turns
back to normal. I am so excited!