Command for all conversion function in matlab

1 view

Sprinceana

May 4, 2009, 12:39:01 PM5/4/09
Is there a general command in command window to display all conversion functions used in matlab:

Text and Strings
abs convert string to ASCII values
eval evaluate text macro
num2str convert number to string
int2str convert integer to string
setstr set flag indicating matrix is a string
sprintf convert number to string
isstr detect string variables
strcomp compare string variables
hex2num convert hex string to number

>>help ...?

For example for displaying all function for sparse matrix was:

>>help sparfun

Also conversions like:

hex2num,dec2bin,bin2dec what i must use in command window to display also these?

>>help ...?

I wait your response!

Matt Fig

May 4, 2009, 12:49:01 PM5/4/09
I don't think there is a function that does exactly what you want, but you can use lookfor to help search for certain words in the H1 line:

lookfor string
lookfor text
lookfor convert

also

docsearch string
docsearch text

etc....

us

May 4, 2009, 12:52:01 PM5/4/09
"Sprinceana " <miha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gtn5n5$qkn$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

> Is there a general command in command window to display all conversion functions used in matlab:
>
> Text and Strings
> abs convert string to ASCII values

just a note
- while it works, ABS is not the (preferred) way to convert char strings to ASCII values
- it works because it - silently - does the DOUBLE conversion for you (see below)

% rather, use proper typecasting...
s='abc'
v=double(s)
v=int16(s)
% and so on
% see also:
help datatypes;

us

us

May 4, 2009, 12:59:02 PM5/4/09
"Sprinceana " <miha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gtn5n5$qkn$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Is there a general command in command window to display all conversion functions used in matlab:

a hint:

lookfor convert;
docsearch convert; % then sort according to product...
docsearch conversion;

us

Sprinceana

May 4, 2009, 1:35:03 PM5/4/09