Error while evaluating uipushtool ClickedCallback

Nicolas

Jan 15, 2007, 8:33:27 AM1/15/07
dear matlabers,

I recently started to use matlab 7.3
I run matlab on both linux and windows

when i plot a figure.
if i go in the figure window on view->Property editor the following
error occurs:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
??? Undefined function or method 'plottools' for input arguments of type
'double'.

??? Error using ==> plottools (gcbf, 'show');
Undefined function or method 'plottools' for input arguments of type
'double'.

??? Error while evaluating uipushtool ClickedCallback
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
using the shortcut in the icons bar does the same.

using matlab 7.0 never did such a thing for me.
I can reproduce this error at 100%

to be more specific I run:
MATLAB Version 7.3.0.267 (R2006b)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service
Pack 2)
Java VM Version: Java 1.5.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM)
Client VM mixed mode

Has anybody seen that before, or has an idea how to solve this problem?
Thx in advance

--
Nicolas
http://www.pbase.com/dishio

Nicolas

Jan 16, 2007, 5:56:06 AM1/16/07
Nicolas wrote:

Apparently this is a somewhat known issue.
In case you are come across this problem, one solution that worked for
me is to check the path. In my case the following folder was missing:
"$MATLAB\toolbox\matlab\plottools"

--
Nicolas

brian

Feb 27, 2007, 10:01:34 AM2/27/07
I'm having the same problem running 7.3.0.298 on XDarwin. I just
changed the path as per your solution- it now can find the function
but produces these new errors when I try to start the plottools
window from the command line:

>> plottools('On')
??? Error: File: nargin.m Line: 1 Column: 25
The input character is not valid in MATLAB statements or expressions.

Error in ==> plottools at 38
error (nargchk (0,3,nargin))

any bright ideas anyone?

thanks