Installing Matlab on Lucid

Mirco

Sep 21, 2010, 3:49:05 AM9/21/10
I got this problem so how can i fix it :

root@xxx:~/Downloads/matlab2010b_install$ ./install
Preparing installation files ...
Installing ...
eval: 1: /tmp/mathworks_4095/java/jre/glnxa64/jre/bin/java: Permission denied
Finished
root@xxx:~/Downloads/matlab2010b_install$

I use ubuntu 10.04 x32

qubits

Oct 11, 2010, 4:35:05 PM10/11/10
"Mirco " <mirco...@hsu-hh.de> wrote in message <i79o1h$4ct$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

I had the same problem and here is how I fixed it.
Go to terminal and get to the base directory with all the installation files.
Then go to "install files dir"/java/jre/glnx86(or glnxa64 for 64-bit)/jre/bin/
Now, add the permission to execute "java" file using
: sudo chmod +x java

The installation should work now.

M. A. Hopcroft

Dec 17, 2010, 5:34:05 PM12/17/10
"qubits " <qub...@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i8vsdp$niu$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...

qubits posted a good solution.
FYI, this topic is addressed in the Mathworks support page:
"Why do I get a permission denied error message when installing MATLAB R2010b on 64-bit Linux?"
http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-DHWZAO/index.html?solution=1-DHWZAO