Installing Scilab as a portable application

Mausy

Feb 8, 2008, 1:49:57 PM2/8/08

I tend to move around alot from one computer to another (Windows). On
most computers I don't have administrator rights, so I can't install
the applications that I like. For this reason I have a USB stick with
PortableApps installed on it. This way I have access to my favorite
applications.
I'm now wondering whether it is also possible to install Scilab on a
USB stick. Of course it would be nice if a ScilabPortable version were
available.

Greetings
Mausy

Allan CORNET

Feb 8, 2008, 4:39:57 PM2/8/08

It is very easy to do on Windows with Scilab 4.1.2 :)

Install Scilab 4.1.2 on a pc.

copy c:\Programs Files\Scilab-4.1.2 on your usb key or a cd-rom.

plug your usb key on another pc

go to scilab-4.1.2\bin directory and launch wscilex.exe

It works :)

Best Regards

Allan CORNET
Scilab Team