Vvery slow Scicos Toolbox

16...@gmx.net

Jan 13, 2009, 12:50:43 PM1/13/09
I am using Scilab 5.03 and the Scicos toolbox is virtually unusable.

Placing blocks, drawing connections even selecting blocks is so slow;
it drives me crazy. It takes between 0,5-2 seconds for any action
(like selecting a block) to take place. Menus are quite fast; though.

Anybody else experiencing this behavior? Any solutions?

Regards,

Jo

Ramine.N...@inria.fr

Jan 13, 2009, 2:02:52 PM1/13/09
to sci...@inria.fr

Hi,
Sorry for repeating myself for those who have seen my previous
answers.
Scicos DOES NOT WORK in Scilab 5. That is why for the moment Scicos is
only developed and the new versions are only distributed in ScicosLab.
ScicosLab is a package based on Scilab 4. The latest version of Scicos
is Scicos 4.3 which is significantly improved with respect to Scicos
4.2. ScicosLab can be downloaded from www.scicoslab.org. Visit www.scicos.org
for more information.
Cheers.
Ramine

mike

Jan 13, 2009, 2:33:53 PM1/13/09
It would maybe be a good solution that the Scilab guys remove the "Note
that Scicos is delivered into Scilab." from their website. It should
read: "If you want to use Scicos in the moment refer to <hyperlink to
the other one>".
Hopefully this will change in the near future again...

Cheers
mike

ycollet

Jan 13, 2009, 5:13:00 PM1/13/09
The problem is more subtle than that:

Scicos under scilab-5 works, if you have the good graphic card.
I am not currently working with big scicos diagram, but for "small"
ones, it's as useable as with scilab-4.1.2.

You can also try to install the latest scilab-master branch. There are
been a lot of improvements since 5.0.3.

YC

jpc

Jan 13, 2009, 6:00:04 PM1/13/09
On Jan 13, 11:13 pm, ycollet <ycol...@freesurf.fr> wrote:
> The problem is more subtle than that:

subtle ? is that the proper word
jpc

ycollet

Jan 14, 2009, 12:38:41 AM1/14/09
Not exactly "subtle" you are right. I should have said "problematic"
instead.
But I have big hopes for the future release of scilab-5.1 (hopes that
these graphic cards problems will be removed).
I am working with the current master and I fill confident in this
area.

Have a nice day,

YC