Launch Scilab from command line

Julian

Jun 18, 2003, 10:37:12 AM6/18/03
I am new to Scilab, and attempting to generate and manipulate surface
data in Scilab.
My problem is that I am generating point data using a machine tool
using windows and need to launch Scilab from this machine tool.

The machine tool has a programming language that will allow for the
launch of external applications that support command line arguments.
I need to open from the machine tool program Scilab and execute
specific functions from a command line.

The machine tool program will wait for the execution of the function
and for Scilab to shut down.
E.g.

C:\Program Files\Scilab-2.6\bin\runscilab.exe
exec('C:\RunLib\\surfmatrix.sci')

Damien SAINTE

Jun 19, 2003, 1:33:39 AM6/19/03
I am new to Scilab too and I am interrested by the same problem. I would
like to send orders from a C++ program under Windows to Scilab program.

Thanks by advance

Damien

Enrico Segre

Jun 19, 2003, 3:11:17 AM6/19/03
It will go like

¨C:\Program Files\Scilab-2.6\bin\runscilab.exe -f C:\RunLib\surfmatrix.sci¨

or

¨C:\Program Files\Scilab-2.6\bin\runscilab.exe -e
exec('C:\RunLib\surfmatrix.sci')¨

you might have to experiment with single or double quotes depending on
that particular programming language escapes spaces and quotes within
strings. You must also remember to end your surfmatrix.sci with ¨quit¨
so that scilab exits afterwards.
hth, Enrico

Enrico Segre

Jun 19, 2003, 3:13:13 AM6/19/03
Damien SAINTE wrote:
> I am new to Scilab too and I am interrested by the same problem. I would
> like to send orders from a C++ program under Windows to Scilab program.

I not an expert myself into that, but, besides the hard way of an opsys
command as above, have you had a look into
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/scilab/doc/HOWTO/HOWTO-use-scilab-engine.txt ?
Enrico