Scilab 3.0 Final Release

Serge Steer

Jul 9, 2004, 9:15:30 AM7/9/04
We are happy to inform you that the Scilab 3.0 Final Release
version is now available on the www.scilab.org Web site.

New features :

Windows version has been rewritten:
- Windows look & feel with association of Scilab files with Scipad
editor
- Dramatic improvement of the speed of Scilab (see results on Scilab Web
site in "new features" pages)
- Compilation using C and Fortran Intel compilers or Visual C++ .NET
2003 project
- pre-configured environment to use the lcc-win32 C compiler system
(free for non-commercial use)

Graphics: Object oriented graphics version:
- 3-D surfaces are taken into account
- 2-D plots can be mapped into 3-D plots
- Graphics editor to modify the properties of the objects

The Matlab to Scilab converter has been completely rewritten:
- Large set of Matlab functions converted
- Matlab cells and structs converted into Scilab mlists
- Dictionnary of Matlab and Scilab functions available on the Scilab web
site
- a few Matlab graphics functions converted into new Scilab graphics
functions

Miscellaneous:
- New and fast implementation of hypermatrices (thanks to B.Pinçon)
- Scipad improved: shortcuts, language handling, colorization (thanks
to E. Segre & F. Vogel)
- New library of 1-D, 2-D and 3-D interpolation functions (thanks to
B. Pinçon)
- Mex functions library improvement
- Scicos: large improvement
- Beta version of implicit Scicos

Binary files for others target machines and RPM files will be available
soon.

Please mention bugs in our Bugzilla database:
http://scilabsoft.inria.fr/cgi-bin/bugzilla_bug/index.cgi (Select Scilab
3.0 in the subsection of the product)

The operational team of Scilab Consortium
email: sci...@inria.fr

--
Serge Steer
Inria Rocquencourt

Richard Owlett

Jul 9, 2004, 5:38:27 PM7/9/04
Serge Steer wrote:
> We are happy to inform you that the Scilab 3.0 Final Release
> version is now available on the www.scilab.org Web site.
>
> [snip]

I LIKE!

Question:
When can we expect to see 3D Zoom? Soon I hope!