Scilab Release Candidate 4.0

Pierre

Dec 21, 2005, 9:44:49 AM12/21/05
We are happy to inform you that the Scilab Release Candidate 4.0 is now
available for Linux, Windows, Sun and HP platforms on the
www.scilab.org
Web site.

1/ You will find the version on the page :
http://scilabsoft.inria.fr/download/index_download.php?page=releasecandidate.html

2/ Please mention bugs in our Bugzilla database:
http://scilabsoft.inria.fr/cgi-bin/bugzilla_bug_II/index.cgi
(Select Scilab Release Candidate 4.0 in the subsection of the product)

Merry Christmas and Season's Greeting to Scilab's users.

The operational team of Scilab Consortium
sci...@inria.fr

gurkesaft

Dec 21, 2005, 8:53:30 PM12/21/05
Hooray!

Thank you all so much! Have a good holiday!

-Jack (your biggest fan)

Jean-Pierr...@usherbrooke.ca

Dec 22, 2005, 3:03:54 PM12/22/05

I downloaded both the binary version and the src version, and I wished
to compile using ATLAS under Mandriva 2005.

I get the following error:

ld: crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory
make: *** [bin/scilex] Erreur 1

The binary version seems to work just fine. I grep'ed the whole
directory, and crtbegin.o is nowhere present. Can anyone give me a
workaround so I can compile with ATLAS, which provided a clear
efficiency improvement in a previous version of scilab.

Thanks, keep up the excellent work!

Season's greeting!

JPD