Exporting interactive 3D objects from Mathematica to PDF documents

Dominic

Feb 22, 2010, 3:08:32 AM2/22/10
Hi guys.

Is there anyway I can create a 3D object in Mathematica and include it
in a PDF file for interactive display? There is a Latex package called
movie15 that allows embedding of 3D objects into PDF files and allows
the user to interactively manipulate them. The documentation for
movie15 as of 2009 stated that this was only available for U3D file
formats.

Does anyone here have any experience with creating such PDF files?

Thanks,

Dominic

Wim W. Wilhelm

Feb 22, 2010, 7:04:20 PM2/22/10
Hello Dominic,

I have exported a dynamic object as avi file.
I run mathematica on MS Vista, with Adobe Reader 8.
Then I executed (as experiment) the following

\documentclass[12pt,A4]{article}
\usepackage{geometry}
%\geometry{verbose,A4}
\usepackage[3D]{movie15}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\begin{document}
De tuinman methode:
\begin{figure}[ht]
\includemovie[
poster,
text={\small(Loading tuinman1.avi)}
]{10cm}{10cm}{tuinman1.avi}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

The pdf document showed the text "Loading tuinman1.avi"
Dubbel clicking the text started the media player.

Best wishes,
Wim W. Wilhelm

"Dominic" <mili...@rtconline.com> wrote in message

gehr...@googlemail.com

Feb 23, 2010, 8:02:39 AM2/23/10
Hi!

Yes, there is. First you export your graphics to jvx. Then you convert
this to u3d by using jReality [1]. This can be then incopoorated into
pdf by the movie15-package.
However, with jReality there are currently certain limitations on
colors [2].
Yours Wolfgang
---
[1] http://www3.math.tu-berlin.de/jreality/