Font change of input & output cells

annetts729

Dec 2, 2010, 5:43:37 AM12/2/10

It's possible, through various machinations with style sheets, to
change the appearance of various cell types. I have successfully done
so in all but two cases.

Both input & output cells resist my efforts to change fonts from
Courier New to (eg) Consolas. I can change size & style without
problems. Just not the font.

Has anybody had any success in accomplishing this seemingly simple
task?

Regards,

Dave Annetts.

John Fultz

Dec 3, 2010, 5:19:41 AM12/3/10
The font for StandardForm Input and Output cells comes from the StandardForm
style. Similarly, the font for InputForm cells comes from the InputForm style,
and for OutputForm cells from the OutputForm style.

There is a comment in Core.nb in the group that contains the Input/Output styles
which mentions this.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfu...@wolfram.com