Anyone install Maple 10.06 yet?

Jeanne

Oct 20, 2006, 1:31:47 PM10/20/06
I was just wondering whether anyone knows if updating from Maple 10.04
to Maple 10.06 (on a PPC Mac) is a good idea. There's one unfavorable
report on VersionTracker, saying that the update trashed Maple - any
experience here to report?

Jeanne

Jacques M. Torre

Oct 20, 2006, 2:43:53 PM10/20/06
Jeanne,

It is necessary, immediately after having installed the update, to
start
again your macintosh.
However, the problem of the palette "open face" remains with 10.06.

Bonsoir.

G. A. Edgar

Oct 20, 2006, 2:44:15 PM10/20/06
In article <1161365507.1...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
Jeanne <Jeanne....@colorado.edu> wrote:

mine seems OK:
installed over 10.05
Mac OS 10.4.8
G5

--
G. A. Edgar http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/

Roman Pearce

Oct 20, 2006, 3:12:50 PM10/20/06

I installed beta 3 (which seems to be the released version) manually
and it's been working fine. I am on an iBook running fully patched
10.3.9.

Jeanne

Oct 21, 2006, 1:01:58 AM10/21/06

Glad to hear it's working okay - thanks for the replies!

Jeanne

Glenn Sowell

Oct 21, 2006, 8:31:17 AM10/21/06
I installed 10.06 on 3 different machines. On 2 of them (iMac G5, OS
10.4.8 & G4 Dual, OS 10.4.8) Maple was trashed--said that it could not
find/load the kernel. On a G4 eMac (OS10.4.5?) the upgrade went
smoothly.

Restarting did not make a difference. I am going to try to reinstall
Maple. Hope that fixes the problem.

Glenn