RPN on Maple 7?

vIRCiated(tm)

May 27, 2002, 10:22:32 PM5/27/02
Anybody knows any way to make an RPN calculator(like the HP calculators) in
Maple.

Bhuvanesh

Jun 3, 2002, 8:01:34 PM6/3/02
"vIRCiated\(tm\)" <ma...@zipmail.com.br> wrote:

> Anybody knows any way to make an RPN calculator(like the HP calculators) in
> Maple.

Cool, a calculator user :)

This might be a start, although it's in Mathematica, not in Maple:

Sequence[2, 3] // Plus[##]&
Sequence[2, 3] // Times[##]&

--
Bhuvanesh,
Wolfram Research.

G. A. Edgar

Jun 4, 2002, 9:10:57 AM6/4/02
In article <ad5n9u$ua3n4$6...@ID-88878.news.dfncis.de>, tm\
<ma...@zipmail.com.br> wrote:

> Anybody knows any way to make an RPN calculator(like the HP calculators) in
> Maple.

How about forward Polish?

7
> `*`(3,4);
12
> `+`(`*`(3,4),7);
19
> Plus := `+`; Times := `*`;
Plus := +
Times := *
> Plus(Times(3,4),7);
19
> Plus(Times(x,y),z);
x y + z
> Times(Plus(x,y),z);
(x + y) z
> Plus(a,b,c,d);
a + b + c + d
> Times(u,v,w,x);
u v w x

--
G. A. Edgar http://math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/

Carl Devore

Jun 4, 2002, 10:05:41 AM6/4/02

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, G. A. Edgar wrote:
> In article <ad5n9u$ua3n4$6...@ID-88878.news.dfncis.de>, tm\
> <ma...@zipmail.com.br> wrote:
> > Anybody knows any way to make an RPN calculator(like the HP
> > calculators) in Maple.
> How about forward Polish?

> > `+`(`*`(3,4),7);
> 19

The cool thing about RPN is that it eliminates the need for parentheses.
We can do this Maple thus:

`&+`, `&-`, `&x`, `&/`:= `+`, `-`, `*`, `/`:

3,4:&x%,7:&+%;
19

a,b:&/%,c:&-%;
a/b-c

vIRCiated(tm)

Jun 4, 2002, 8:06:56 PM6/4/02

"Bhuvanesh" <lalu_...@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem

> "vIRCiated\(tm\)" <ma...@zipmail.com.br> wrote:
>
> > Anybody knows any way to make an RPN calculator(like the HP
calculators) in
> > Maple.
>
> Cool, a calculator user :)
;-)
i am the same virciated of c.s.hp48

> This might be a start, although it's in Mathematica, not in Maple:
>
> Sequence[2, 3] // Plus[##]&
> Sequence[2, 3] // Times[##]&
Great! now I have mathematica!
> --
> Bhuvanesh,
> Wolfram Research.

vIRCiated(tm)

Jun 4, 2002, 8:07:59 PM6/4/02

"Carl Devore" <dev...@math.udel.edu> escreveu na mensagem

> The cool thing about RPN is that it eliminates the need for parentheses.
> We can do this Maple thus:
>
> `&+`, `&-`, `&x`, `&/`:= `+`, `-`, `*`, `/`:
>
> 3,4:&x%,7:&+%;
> 19
>
> a,b:&/%,c:&-%;
> a/b-c

The history is ALMOST what I've wanted:

O1:= 30;
O2:= 40;
O3:= O1 + O2;
70

I am without maple to test now... formatted... cd drive damaged...

HPhreacker(tm)

Jun 10, 2002, 9:17:34 PM6/10/02

"Bhuvanesh" <lalu_...@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> "vIRCiated\(tm\)" <ma...@zipmail.com.br> wrote:
>
> > Anybody knows any way to make an RPN calculator(like the HP
calculators) in
> > Maple.
>
> Cool, a calculator user :)
TI86 ; TI92 + RPN program ; HP48 ; HP49 and HP41CX.
RPN is cool because it "kills" the parenthesis.
rpn rulez!