[tao-users] Next ACE/TAO/CIAO/DAnCE release will be a major release!

Johnny Willemsen

Oct 29, 2010, 5:06:06 AM10/29/10
to ace-...@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu, tao-users, CIAO Users Mailing List, ace-an...@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu, tao-an...@list.isis.vanderbilt.edu
Hi all,

As some of you may recall, ACE 5.0 and TAO 1.0 were released July 31
1999. After 11 years and 3 months of development, therefore, we think
it's time to release a new major release. We plan to release ACE 6.0,
TAO 2.0, CIAO 1.0, and DANCE 1.0 in about a month. We would like to
ask all users to try the recent x.8.3 release and let us know any issues
you encounter so we can try to fix them before the new major release.
Please see

$ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for our bug fixing policies.

Regards,