where is SSH_MSG_KEXDH_INIT defined?

yawnmoth

Jun 21, 2007, 11:24:36 AM6/21/07
I don't see it defined in RFC 4253 Transport Layer Protocol (http://
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4253), RFC 4251 Protocol Architecture (http://
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4251), RFC 4252 Authentication Protocol (http://
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4252), RFC 4254 Connection Protocol (http://
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4254), or RFC 4250 Protocol Assigned Numbers
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4250). Yet RFC 4253 uses it.

PuTTY defines it as 30, in SSH.c, but I'd still like to know where the
SSH2 specs, themselves, define it.

Any ideas?

Ben Harris

Jun 21, 2007, 2:56:51 PM6/21/07
In article <1182439476.9...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

They don't. It accidentally got left out, I think that when it got
(correctly) removed from [SSH-NUMBERS], it was also mistakenly removed
from [SSH-TRANSPORT] as well.

Irritatingly, the erratum for this also seems to have an error, in that
it lists SSH_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY as being 3 when it's obviously 31. Time
for an erratum for the erratum, I suppose.

--
Ben Harris