Viruses Attached to email

1 view

Adrian Heath

Jul 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/3/95
land...@gate.headmort.com ( Antony Landsman ) wrote:

>Are there any programs that will detect viruses attached to emails?

>We recently connected our CCMail network to the internet (using Lotuses
>SMTP gateway product), and my boss is anxious about users receiving
>executables that could have viruses attached.

I discovered a product being demonstrated at the Networks 95 show last
week which appears to address this problem, called MIMESweeper - it
will shortly be available from Integralis Ltd,
e-mail : in...@integralis.co.uk, tel : 01734 302143

The product requires a dummy ccMail Post Office to act as a buffer -
it checks all suspect attachments on incoming mail before exporting
to the live Post Office.