favorite robot power supply modules / electronics or kits ?

pogo

Dec 31, 2005, 1:41:25 AM12/31/05
Does anyone have any favorite robot power supply modules / electronics or
kits they can recommend ?

Ideally, I would like something that lets me:
1) connect 2 or more 12vdc SLA batteries in parallel for longer lasting
power
2) recharge those batteries with a single external connection;
a switch to select each battery to charge would be acceptable
but it would be nice if it was automatic
3) provides typical useful output voltage connection points, such
as 5vdc for logic circuits; unregulated 12vdc for motors
and other heavy duty devices
4) perhaps has jumper selectable output connections for RC servo power, etc

Am I dreaming pie-in-the-sky here or does such a product exist ? Might be
something I have to design and build myself, but I'll take all of the
prebuilt and design tested modules I can get away with.

Thanks again, as always !
JCD