url fowarding question(s)

wallster

Sep 1, 2005, 9:06:16 AM9/1/05
I set up a new website for a friend using my site hosted by web.com's
server. I then purchased his domain name (through featuredomains.com)
and paid for the url forwarding (or redirecting) service. Upon
completion, I changed the new website (or new domain) server address to
the addresses posted on the featuredomain.com's site.
The new domain address is: http://www.julicher-racing.com
The redirect address is:
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/julicher_racing.html
When i go to julicher-racing.com the page can not be found.
I emailed featuredomains.com and they said it was was redirecting and
working fine on their end (i think they're in Australia, i'm in USA).
I emailed again and asked them to go to: http://www.julicher-racing.com
They emailed me back and said the page works fine.
WTF am i doing wrong??? I keep getting page not found (i even cleared
my cache and rebooted, then tried my daughters laptop!)
They also offered alternate server adresses to use (julicher-racing.com
IN A 66.98.145.18) but when i enter them, it comes up as an error while
submitting (i can not remember the exact promt).
... help!

walt

Barry Margolin

Sep 1, 2005, 9:32:35 PM9/1/05
"wallster" <weldi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Works fine for me. www.julicher-racing.com resolves to 66.98.145.18,
and the web page there is a frameset whose top frame contains
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/julicher_racing.html.

barmar $ telnet www.julicher-racing.com 80
Trying 66.98.145.18...
Connected to www.julicher-racing.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: www.julicher-racing.com

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:21:50 GMT
Server: Directi Server 1.1

frameborder="no"><frame name="TopFrame" scrolling="yes" noresize
src="http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/julicher_racing.html"><frame
name="BottomFrame" scrolling="no"

Connection closed by foreign host.
barmar $