Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

mount -t cifs problem

0 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Hallstein

nepřečteno,
26. 3. 2004 7:27:2926.03.04
komu:
Hi,

I know this is a smb-channel, but I cannot find any other channel where
CIFS is discussed.
Mounting using cifs seem to give me the error:
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.35/share /mnt -o
user=administrator,password=Passw0rd01,domain=mydomain

CIFS VFS: Error connecting to IPv4 socket. Aborting operation
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -111

then all
CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

using smbclient it works okay.

I have tried this against differnt windows shares, and different
samba-shares. all give same error. So this seem unrelated to any Windows
2003 stuff (like signing smb-blocks.

Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Hallstein Lohne

--

Hallstein

Department of Informatics

Rod Smith

nepřečteno,
27. 3. 2004 0:36:1327.03.04
komu:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:27:29 +0100, Hallstein wrote:

> I know this is a smb-channel, but I cannot find any other channel where
> CIFS is discussed.
> Mounting using cifs seem to give me the error:
> mount -t cifs //192.168.1.35/share /mnt -o
> user=administrator,password=Passw0rd01,domain=mydomain
>
> CIFS VFS: Error connecting to IPv4 socket. Aborting operation
> CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -111
>
> then all
> CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
> CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
>
> using smbclient it works okay.
>
> I have tried this against differnt windows shares, and different
> samba-shares. all give same error. So this seem unrelated to any Windows
> 2003 stuff (like signing smb-blocks.

The return codes may contain vital clues, and I don't know what they mean,
so this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but: The Linux 2.6.x cifs
filesystem connects to the server on port 445, rather than port 139.
(Port 445 is for "raw" SMB/CIFS over TCP/IP, rather than port 139's
NetBIOS over TCP/IP.) If you've got a firewall on the client, on the
server, or on an intervening router, be sure it's configured to pass port
445 traffic, as well as port 139 traffic. Also, some servers don't listen
on port 445. This is true of Windows 9x/Me, and also of earlier (pre-3.0)
versions of Samba. If you're trying to mount shares from such a server,
you'll need to use the smbfs filesystem type code, not cifs.

--
Rod Smith, rods...@rodsbooks.com
http://www.rodsbooks.com

Hallstein

nepřečteno,
29. 3. 2004 3:22:0729.03.04
komu:
> The return codes may contain vital clues, and I don't know what they mean,
> so this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but: The Linux 2.6.x cifs
> filesystem connects to the server on port 445, rather than port 139.
> (Port 445 is for "raw" SMB/CIFS over TCP/IP, rather than port 139's
> NetBIOS over TCP/IP.) If you've got a firewall on the client, on the
> server, or on an intervening router, be sure it's configured to pass port
> 445 traffic, as well as port 139 traffic. Also, some servers don't listen
> on port 445. This is true of Windows 9x/Me, and also of earlier (pre-3.0)
> versions of Samba. If you're trying to mount shares from such a server,
> you'll need to use the smbfs filesystem type code, not cifs.

Thanks for your reply.

We've tried without any firewalls, and it's still giving me -13 as error
message.

0 nových zpráv