Οι Ομάδες Google δεν υποστηρίζουν πλέον νέες αναρτήσεις ή εγγραφές στο Usenet. Το ιστορικό περιεχόμενο παραμένει ορατό.

Bind Front End Util

38 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

Robert Spangler

μη αναγνωσμένη,
1 Μαΐ 2006, 7:32:49 μ.μ.1/5/06
ως
Hi,

I'm looking for something like Men&Mice for Linux. Is there anything out
there like this?

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!

Joseph S D Yao

μη αναγνωσμένη,
2 Μαΐ 2006, 11:27:58 π.μ.2/5/06
ως
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 07:32:49PM -0400, Robert Spangler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for something like Men&Mice for Linux. Is there anything out
> there like this?

I'm not familiar with Men & Mice. If you're looking for a GUI / Web-
based interface, try Webmin <http://www.webmin.com/>. It has DNS and
DHCP, but not MSW AD - not that you'd want that for Linux, anyway.
Actually, it does have a SAMBA component, but it probably doesn't work
with any MSW AD hooks in the Samba 4 pre-release. I don't know whether
SWAT (comes with Samba) would help you with that.

--
Joe Yao

David Nolan

μη αναγνωσμένη,
2 Μαΐ 2006, 11:48:39 π.μ.2/5/06
ως

--On Monday, May 01, 2006 19:32:49 -0400 Robert Spangler
<b...@zoominternet.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for something like Men&Mice for Linux. Is there anything out
> there like this?

I hate to keep parrotting the same answer everytime a question like this
comes up, but here I go again...

Your question is pretty light on details, so its hard to recommend a
solution. i.e. are you dealing with a couple zones, or a couple hundred?
Are you dealing with a few dozen records, or several thousand? Do you need
a way to delegate zone management to multiple people, or will a single
admin be responsible for changes? Are you trying to mix static & dynamic
updates in a single zone? (Thats hard at best, and a really bad idea at
worst...)

Do a search in freshmeat.net for DNS and you'll find quite a few tools for
performing DNS management. Which one you need depends on the details of
your situation.

If your scale tends towards the larger end of the ranges I gave above, I
recommend taking a look at Carnegie Mellon's NetReg(*), which you can find
in freshmeat or at http://www.net.cmu.edu/netreg. (Disclaimer: I'm the
current primary developer, and I also offer installation, customization and
support contracts on the side.)

It handles both static servers and dynamic servers (currently no mixing on
a single server), and scales very well to large sites. At Carnegie Mellon
we have over 400 zones (not counting the reverses), and over 50K records in
those zones.

(NetReg also maintains DHCP configurations, and has a SOAP API for advanced
integration with other systems.)

*: Not to be confused with Southwestern University's NetReg, which is a
completely different system with similar purpose, developed in parallel
around the same time. I believe its not as full featured with respect to
DNS management.

-David Nolan
Network Software Designer
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

Robert Spangler

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Μαΐ 2006, 5:03:14 μ.μ.5/5/06
ως
On Tue May 2 2006 11:48, David Nolan wrote:

> > I'm looking for something like Men&Mice for Linux. Is there anything
> > out there like this?
>
> I hate to keep parrotting the same answer everytime a question like this
> comes up, but here I go again...

Sorry to put you through it again. :)

Thnx for the information I"ll look into this NetReg and do some more
searching.

0 νέα μηνύματα