DR Systems pursuing small companies over patent 5,452,416

David Clunie

Sep 6, 2005, 1:31:12 PM9/6/05
Hi

I was really disappointed today to hear that DR Systems is
pursuing various companies over alleged infringement of a
patent, whose claims would seem on the face of it likely
to be invalidated by prior art, but against which the cost
of mounting a defense would in many cases be prohibitive.

Regardless of the merits, I find it sad that a company
that has benefited so much from the free contributions of others
in terms of standards and software and academic presentations
should pursue such a course of action.

David

mlak...@yahoo.com

Sep 7, 2005, 3:08:51 AM9/7/05
David,

Can you disclose more of the specifics of this issue.
I see mention of the patent. Are there any links that we can find
about the lawsuits?

Mitchell

Igor Okulist

Sep 27, 2005, 2:52:13 AM9/27/05