DCMTK on Mac OS X anyone

Anja

Jul 11, 2007, 4:40:25 AM7/11/07
i everyone,

I have a project that works well on windows and linux and uses VTK
along
with DCMTK. I recently tried to port in to OS X and get the following
errors
from the DCMTK files. DCMTK had compiled and installed without
complaints.

My includes look as follows:

#ifdef _WIN32
#include "dcmtk/config/cfwin32.h"
#else
#include "dcmtk/config/cfunix.h"
#endif

#include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h"
#include "dcmtk/ofstd/oftypes.h"
#include "dcmtk/dcmdata/dctk.h"

During compilation, I am getting the following error:

/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcobject.h:251: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'do'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcobject.h:251: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'while'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcbytstr.h:198: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'do'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcbytstr.h:198: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'while'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcitem.h:208: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'do'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcitem.h:208: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'while'

I checked these header files and it is always this declaration:

virtual OFCondition verify(const OFBool autocorrect = OFFalse );

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and can
offer
some insight on how to solve it.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Anja

Marco Eichelberg

Jul 11, 2007, 9:04:01 AM7/11/07
> I have a project that works well on windows and linux and uses VTK
> along with DCMTK. I recently tried to port in to OS X and get the following
> errors from the DCMTK files.

First of all, questions concerning DCMTK should preferrably posted to the
DCMTK discussion forum at http://forum.dcmtk.org/

That said, my first guess would be that the MacOS X version you are using
(which one?) or one of the headers included prior to the DCMTK headers
might define a non-trivial macro named verify() in some header file
included before the DCMTK headers - if this is the case, then there
would be a problem indeed. See what happens if you rename the
method from verify() to, say, doVerify().
Including the DCMTK headers prior to those of all other non-system headers
might also be a good idea to try out.

Best regards,
Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS

Mathieu Malaterre

Jul 11, 2007, 9:48:05 AM7/11/07
On Jul 11, 3:04 pm, Marco Eichelberg <eichelberg_nos...@offis.de>
wrote:

> > I have a project that works well on windows and linux and uses VTK
> > along with DCMTK. I recently tried to port in to OS X and get the following
> > errors from the DCMTK files.
>
> First of all, questions concerning DCMTK should preferrably posted to the
> DCMTK discussion forum athttp://forum.dcmtk.org/

Poster send question to dicom newsgroup and VTK mailing list for a
question related to dcmtk...pretty funny that reaction is exactly the
same

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2007-July/091734.html

-M

Joerg Riesmeier

Jul 11, 2007, 9:53:57 AM7/11/07
> Poster send question to dicom newsgroup and VTK mailing list for a
> question related to dcmtk...pretty funny that reaction is exactly the
> same

The funny thing is that the question was already answered in the DCMTK
forum: http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php?p=4216#4216 :-)

Regards,
Joerg Riesmeier

Mathieu Malaterre

Jul 11, 2007, 10:45:02 AM7/11/07

cross posted to VTK mailing list to point to dicom newsgroup which
point to dcmtk forum :)

-Mathieu