Anonymizing Images for Research

jeff.po...@philips.com

Mar 31, 2004, 12:51:25 PM3/31/04
I'm sure I've seen discussions of what attributes should be changed in an
image to anonymize the image, but I cannot put my finger on where I saw
this. Anyone have a link to such a dicoument (white paper, DICOM
Supplement, etc.)?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Joerg Riesmeier

Apr 1, 2004, 3:19:17 AM4/1/04
Jeff,

with regard to DICOM you probably refer to Supplement 55 "Attribute
Level Confidentiality (including De-identification)" which has also
been incorporated into DICOM 2003 (part 15, annex E).

And you're right, there have been a couple of discussions in this
group about anonymization in the past. Search for "anonymization",
"anonymize", "hipaa" or "supplement 55" in Google Groups.

Here's one of these discussions (I hope this link really works):
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=2e654e8fc982b408

Regards,
Joerg Riesmeier