ARTHUR ENTLICH - NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

Arthur Entlich

Apr 29, 2005, 8:46:23 AM4/29/05
Sorry about that subject header, but it is one way to get Google to put
the message toward the top of their database, when people look for my
name and address.

PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF MY NEW ADDRESS AS SHOWN IN THE HEADER OF THIS MESSAGE.

SHORTLY, MY OLDER EMAIL ADDRESS WILL BECOME UNAVAILABLE

THIS NEW ADDRESS (IN THE HEADER ABOVE) WILL BE (FINGERS CROSSED) PERMANENT

PLEASE JOT IT DOWN IF YOU BELIEVE YOU MAY WISH TO HAVE IT ON HAND FOR
FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS

Thank you,

Art

Message has been deleted

measekite

Apr 29, 2005, 11:21:35 AM4/29/05

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

>In article <z0qce.9644$3V3.427@edtnps89>,

>Do we care?
>
>No.
>
>Oh, are you hawking a business?
>
>Then we REALLY don't care. In fact, we're offended.

I do not think he is a hawker for that would =-O me. I do think
that his views on Epson are about as strong as my views about Canon, for
the time being. But he does think he is holier than thou.

Jon O'Brien

Apr 29, 2005, 11:54:00 AM4/29/05
In article <elmop-B7504D....@text.usenetserver.com>,
el...@nastydesigns.com (Elmo P. Shagnasty) wrote:

> Do we care?
>
> No.
>
> Oh, are you hawking a business?
>
> Then we REALLY don't care. In fact, we're offended.

Is that the royal 'we' you're using there? If not, please don't presume to
speak for me or many others who appreciate Arthur's contributions to this
group, which he provides FOC, not as a business. Apart from being
offensive, it just makes you come across as an asshole.

Jon.

GEO

Apr 29, 2005, 12:27:37 PM4/29/05
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:01:26 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<el...@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <z0qce.9644$3V3.427@edtnps89>,
> Arthur Entlich <e-prin...@mvps.org> wrote:

>> PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF MY NEW ADDRESS AS SHOWN IN THE HEADER OF THIS MESSAGE.

>Do we care?
>No.

Just as you are a good contributor to other groups, Arthur is an
appreciated contributor in this group.

Geo

Tom Klimas

Apr 29, 2005, 1:14:37 PM4/29/05
measekite <meas...@yahoo.com> wrote in

The difference between you and Arthur is weight.

Arthur's comments carry weight, whereas you and your comments are just
dead weight in this Newsgroup: an unrelieved weight of a heavy,
motionless mass.

Tom

AA Battery

Apr 29, 2005, 3:41:35 PM4/29/05
Tom Klimas <tkl...@nospam.net> wrote in

Must be a typo. It makes a lot more sense without the 'm' in 'mass'.

Burt

Apr 29, 2005, 4:38:00 PM4/29/05
Arthur is one of the best resources on this NG and deserves respect.
Although he prefers Epson printers in general, he is very objective in
pointing out the strong and weak points of all printers. He has helped lots
of people, including myself, with epson head clogs and other issues. I have
used Epson and Canon printers and have benefitted from his knowledge and
assistance with both.

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <el...@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message

> In article <z0qce.9644$3V3.427@edtnps89>,

Mark

Apr 29, 2005, 5:04:26 PM4/29/05

"Burt" <sfbjg...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Arthur is one of the best resources on this NG and deserves respect.
> Although he prefers Epson printers in general, he is very objective in
> pointing out the strong and weak points of all printers. He has helped
> lots of people, including myself, with epson head clogs and other issues.
> I have used Epson and Canon printers and have benefitted from his
> knowledge and assistance with both.

I second this- I have used Arthur's advice and have enjoyed reading his
comments.

Message has been deleted

measekite

Apr 29, 2005, 7:48:56 PM4/29/05

Tom Klimas wrote:

I did not know he eats that much.

Message has been deleted

measekite

Apr 29, 2005, 8:09:21 PM4/29/05

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

>In article <IWwce.3512$Gd7....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,

> "Burt" <sfbjg...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>Arthur is one of the best resources on this NG and deserves respect.
>>

>There's always one of you.

In this NG you will find a lot of him. Hey, a new ink hawker is born -
alotofhim.

measekite

Apr 29, 2005, 8:43:03 PM4/29/05

Ed Ruf wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:21:35 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers measekite
><meas...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>I do not think he is a hawker for that would =-O me. I do think
>>that his views on Epson are about as strong as my views about Canon, for
>>the time being. But he does think he is holier than thou.
>>

>Art provides help to those that post regarding problems with Epson
>printers.
>
>You on the other hand hawk pluses of Canon printers in your opinion, yet
>provide no help to or even acknowledge the increasing number of posts
>comp.periphs.printers or rec.photo.digital from folks having problems with
>Canon printers.
>
>Neither technology is perfect. But Art has been around here a long time
>trying to help folks, you just come off as a shill, imo.

Hawking is selling and I am not. When people are having trouble with
their Canon and they do not use Canon ink then they brought is on
themselves. Some have been fooled while others are down right stupid.
Buying from hawker sites that do not in writing tell you what they are
selling and using it is derservingly dumb.

>----------
>Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Use...@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
>http://EdwardGRuf.com

Jon O'Brien

Apr 29, 2005, 9:01:00 PM4/29/05
In article <elmop-7CB798....@text.usenetserver.com>,
el...@nastydesigns.com (Elmo P. Shagnasty) wrote:

> There's always one of you.

With an attitude like yours you must piss people off wherever you go,
so I'd expect you to find that there's always a lot more than one. On this
occasion, six people have made it plain that you've badly misjudged the
climate in the group with your idiotic comments. Would you like to ask for
more opinions or would you prefer to stop digging?

Jon.

measekite

Apr 29, 2005, 9:33:23 PM4/29/05

Jon O'Brien wrote:

So far and this may be a bit premature, I think that he may be
refreshing. Every time some says something that is not with favor with
a sub group of this NG you guys get nasty. I would like to see more of
his honest posts before I make up my mind. I may not agree with him on
everything but I will wait and see.

Frank

Apr 29, 2005, 10:19:19 PM4/29/05
measekite wrote:

Nobody is a bigger idiot than you. Nobody cares what you say as you have
no real world experience.
Get lost.
Frank

measekite

Apr 30, 2005, 2:30:51 AM4/30/05

Frank wrote:

Then why does a dumb shmuck like you keep answering me. :-P :-D

Jon O'Brien

Apr 30, 2005, 10:05:00 AM4/30/05
In article <DfBce.11059$J12....@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
meas...@yahoo.com (measekite) wrote:

> Every time some says something that is not with favor with a sub group
> of this NG you guys get nasty.

There was no call for the rude comment he made in response to Arthur's
post. If he thought it inappropriate, he could have said so in a less
confrontational manner.

Besides which, he should be well aware that some people do care and that
Arthur's not hawking a business (this is the guy that said: "I agree with
Arthur--in this and in other things, too" a while ago, so he can't claim
ignorance of Arthur's 'pro bono' attitude). What he's done is a bit like
turning to a respected regular in a bar and saying: "Who asked you to
speak. We're not interested in what you have to say". He also had the
cheek to express his view as if he were speaking for the whole newsgroup.

I haven't seen anyone getting 'nasty'. Being blunt, yes, but not 'nasty'.
In the circumstances, I think most people have been quite retrained.

Jon.

Hecate

Apr 30, 2005, 7:29:50 PM4/30/05
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:22:24 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<el...@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <IWwce.3512$Gd7....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Burt" <sfbjg...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>> Arthur is one of the best resources on this NG and deserves respect.
>

>There's always one of you.

And me, and that makes 7 at least, so you have obviously had an
arithmetic bypass as well as the charisma bypass.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hec...@newsguy.com

Hecate

Apr 30, 2005, 7:30:37 PM4/30/05
On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:05 +0100 (BST), J...@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com
(Jon O'Brien) wrote:

>I haven't seen anyone getting 'nasty'. Being blunt, yes, but not 'nasty'.
>In the circumstances, I think most people have been quite retrained.

I just stopped being restrained. :)

Jon O'Brien

Apr 30, 2005, 9:25:00 PM4/30/05
In article <e85871ponvv38dgoa...@4ax.com>,
hec...@newsguy.com (Hecate) wrote:

> I just stopped being restrained. :)

I get a mental picture of chains snapping and the rending of a
straight-jacket!

Jon.

Hecate

May 1, 2005, 6:52:33 PM5/1/05

LOL! Occasionally you may be right!

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 7:07:03 AM5/2/05
Elmo, you may not care, and so be it. Literally over 5000 people do,
however, so far.

I offer free consulting on printing problems and solutions. It is not a
business, and in fact, if anything, it has cost me seriously because I
spend about 6 hours a day on it at no income.

Then again, if you actually ever read this newsgroups you'd know that,
so obviously you are just a troll.... so go AWAY, or at least try to
provide some useful intelligent input, rather than this garbage!

Art

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article <z0qce.9644$3V3.427@edtnps89>,

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 7:24:55 AM5/2/05

I have

1) massively more experience with color inkjet printing technology than
you do, and have have helped thousands of more people than you with
their printers, drivers, color management and teh like (and not just
Eposn prinetrs, BTW, but also Canon , Lexmark, HP and others)

2) massively more experience both in years and hands on knowledge in
color technologies, printing, commercial printing, offset printing,
color theory, color photographic darkroom, than you

3) Considerably more even handed and fairer approach to the subject of
the different brands benefits and failings than you

and 4) I would never, ever, use the foul language, and offensive bigoted
language you have used on this newsgroup

So, yeah, I think I AM holier than you, considerably so.

Art

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 8:18:27 AM5/2/05
Looks like you can't count either ;-)

Art

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article <IWwce.3512$Gd7....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Burt" <sfbjg...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>Arthur is one of the best resources on this NG and deserves respect.

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 8:39:26 AM5/2/05
Hi Tony,

Thanks,

I know that's true everyday I open up my emailbox. If I, or any other
helpful soul, had to judge their value and impact regarding their
contribution to this and other forums based upon the general timbre of
this newsgroup, most of us would have quit helping a long time ago.

Thankfully, some people take the time to write me in private to let me
know that I am providing a service that is appreciated.

Sadly, so much time, and bandwidth in unmoderated newgroups ends up
being wasted in "p*ssing" wars between people trying to prove their
something or other is bigger than someone elses.

While I won't sit idly by while some pissant tries to denigrate my
knowledge and experience, I'd really rather just respond to real
questions and issues.

Take care,

Art

Tony wrote:

> Art
> Thanks for this.
> Please don't be put off by the small minded, your good advice and hard work is
> appreciated by all level headed readers.
> Tony

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 9:13:47 AM5/2/05
I am going to politely ask that this thread subject line be changed.

The reason I titled it with my name was because whenever I have to
change email addresses, people who wish to locate me for help on their
printers have problems finding me. By placing my name in the title,
Google picks it up so when people Google my name the new address shows
up toward the top of the search.

Obviously, having this thread, which has now nothing to do with my email
address, continue in this manner will bury the message with my email
address and defeat the whole purpose.

So, I am politely asking that the tread be diverted to a new subject
heading.

I know some of you guys think it is great fun to ruin best of intents,
why I don't quite understand, but then again, I don't understand why
people write and distribute computer viruses either.

If you guys wish to carry on your battle, fine, but please use a subject
heading that doesn't have my name in it.

Thank you,

Art

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 9:19:39 AM5/2/05
Sorry, but I'm going to try to change this thread's subject line before
my email address change gets complete lost in the search engines.

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 9:29:14 AM5/2/05

A request to both my detractors and supporters...

If people feel they must continue to discuss me (and probably better to
just drop the thread completely) please change the subject thread, so
people who need to locate me can do so by search engine.

Thank you.

Art

PS: If this doesn't work, I may have to resort to answering each of the
emails in this thread with my email address.

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 9:32:58 AM5/2/05
MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS IS: e-prin...@mvps.org

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 9:34:31 AM5/2/05

MY NEW EAMIL ADDRESS IS: e-prin...@mvps.org

Arthur Entlich

May 2, 2005, 9:35:24 AM5/2/05

Jon O'Brien

May 2, 2005, 10:09:00 AM5/2/05
> *From:* Arthur Entlich <e-prin...@mvps.org>
> *Date:* Mon, 02 May 2005 13:19:39 GMT

> Sorry, but I'm going to try to change this thread's subject line before
> my email address change gets complete lost in the search engines.

Apologies. Didn't think of that.

Jon.

measekite

May 2, 2005, 11:45:08 AM5/2/05
I think Count Elmo can Count. :-)

Arthur Entlich

May 3, 2005, 4:51:48 AM5/3/05
Yeah, I didn't fully either, as I too responded to some of them.

Art

Arthur Entlich

May 3, 2005, 5:30:56 AM5/3/05

aprestn5

May 4, 2005, 12:29:06 AM5/4/05
Tony <> wrote:

> Art
> Thanks for this.
> Please don't be put off by the small minded, your good advice and hard
> work is appreciated by all level headed readers.
> Tony

Hear, hear! I for one agree completely, having benifited from Art's advice
in the past.

Al Preston
apre...@telus.net