about vxworks ftp boot

tian...@hotmail.com

Aug 8, 2007, 9:50:41 PM8/8/07
Now I am caught in a problem during ftp boot:

target boot line:
boot device : End
unit number : 0
processor number : 0
host name : host
file name : vxWorks
inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11
host inet (h) : 198.87.0.10
gateway inet (g) : 198.87.0.1
user (u) : xx
ftp password (pw) : xx
flags (f) : 0x0
target name (tn) : s3c2410

Attached TCP/IP interface to sng0.
Warning: no netmask specified.
Attaching network interface lo0... done.

WFTP log Infomation:
Connection accepted from 198.87.0.11
Command "USER xx" received
PASSword accepted
User xx logged in
Command "TYPE I"received
TYPE set to I N
Command "PASV"received
Entering Passive Mode[198.87.0.10,12,64]
Command "RETR vxWorks"received
RETRieve start on file vxWorks
Transfer aborted
Got file ....\vxWorks unsuccessfully
Socket error 10054 while sengding data
QUIT or close -user sbcarm7 logged out

Who can give me a hint about such kind of problem, thanks

girishankar

Aug 9, 2007, 12:27:19 AM8/9/07

The probelm may be in setting subnet mask address. Try to set,

inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11:FFFFFF00

host inet (h) : 198.87.0.10
gateway inet (g) :

And also 'vxWorks' file is present in specified path and not
corrupted.

Now boot vxWorks image in your system.

Regards,
Giri.

tian...@hotmail.com

Aug 9, 2007, 1:29:55 AM8/9/07

> Hi,
>
> The probelm may be in setting subnet mask address. Try to set,
>
> inet on ethernet (e) : 198.87.0.11:FFFFFF00
> host inet (h) : 198.87.0.10
> gateway inet (g) :
>
> And also 'vxWorks' file is present in specified path and not
> corrupted.
>
> Now boot vxWorks image in your system.
>
> Regards,
> Giri.- -
>
> - -

Hi!,3x for you reply. Subnet address was set ffff0000 in fact. since I
got a similar record from the web, and paste here , the record is not
really mine, but nearly the same to mine. and the vxworks file is
exactly in the specified path, and the image can be downloaded via
serial port and run. I have ever seen someone else asking similar
question, but no accurate explanation. 3X for Giri again!