Mercurial on OpenVMS webserver

Jeffrey H. Coffield

Apr 11, 2008, 1:57:23 PM4/11/08
Has anyone been able to get Mercurial to work with any web server on
OpenVMS? I have it working on Apache/Linux but the same configuration
with Apache on OpenVMS seems to have a disconnect in the way Apache
passes CGI data to Mercurial.

Using the server built into Mercurial would seem to require a separate
port for each project.

Jeff Coffield

Jean-François Piéronne

Apr 12, 2008, 3:33:00 AM4/12/08
Jeffrey H. Coffield wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get Mercurial to work with any web server on
> OpenVMS? I have it working on Apache/Linux but the same configuration
> with Apache on OpenVMS seems to have a disconnect in the way Apache
> passes CGI data to Mercurial.

Mercurial run without any problem with WASD. I host on my site a few
repositories without any problem (synchronized with VMS, Linux, Windows
system).
Currently my site is currently offline because my router has failed,
expect to be online next week.

> Using the server built into Mercurial would seem to require a separate
> port for each project.

I'm not aware of such restriction but I will take a look if it's really
a restiction of the embedded server.
An example of a site serving many repositories from the URL (same
server, same port):
http://hg.enanocms.org/repos

JFP

Jeffrey H. Coffield

Apr 12, 2008, 10:14:24 AM4/12/08

Thanks,

I have had trouble getting to your site. I'll look at WASD. Do you have
a sample configuration for Mercurial on WASD?

Jeff C.

Jean-François Piéronne

Apr 13, 2008, 3:12:24 PM4/13/08

My router has failed, I expect to change it during the forthcoming days.

> a sample configuration for Mercurial on WASD?

extract from httpd$map:
"""
[[hg.vmspython.dyndns.org:80]]
pass /static/* /mercurial_root/mercurial/templates/static/*
pass /vmspython/static/* /mercurial_root/mercurial/templates/static/*
script+ * /dev/dir/hgcgiplus* \
map=once ods=5 script=syntax=unix script=query=none \
script=as=hgusr throttle=1,,,30
"""

for each repository add a rule like the /vmspython/static one

You can use the script mercurial_root:[vms]hgcgiplus.com as a template
to build the dev:[dir]hgcgiplus.com

Extract from hgweb.config file
"""
[paths]
vmspython = repo/vmspython
"""

add a line for each repository

You can take a look at
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/PublishingRepositories
and
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/HgWebDirStepByStep

which contains generic informations about setting/publishing repositories.

I will update the wiki later.

JFP