The Symantec NetBackup 7.1.0.3 OpenVMS client release update is now available for download

Alan Fay

Dec 29, 2011, 6:35:55 PM12/29/11

The Symantec NetBackup 7.1.0.3 OpenVMS client release update for HP
Integrity (IA64), Alpha (AXP) and VAX systems is now available for
download from Symantec Enterprise Support:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support

NetBackup Enterprise Server -> Downloads

Select the 7.1.0.3 version which will take you to the Download Links
page. The OpenVMS client release update can be found in the UNIX/Linux
section.

Release updates are ZIP archives which contain updates for HP
Integrity (IA64), Alpha (AXP) and VAX systems. There is no need to
download a separate update for each architecture.

The md5sum for this release on an OpenVMS system (or any other system)
is:

$ md5sum NB_VMS_7.1.0.3.zip
738161bfaed34ad8b9b22ad00a9eedab NB_VMS_7^.1^.0^.3.zip;1
$

md5sum executables are provided in this release for HP Integrity
(IA64), Alpha (AXP) and VAX systems:

$ unzip NB_VMS_7.1.0.3.zip
extracting: md5sum_axp.exe
extracting: md5sum_i64.exe
extracting: md5sum_vax.exe
$

The NetBackup User's Guide for OpenVMS, which is included in this
download as a PDF document, contains an updated performance examples
section which shows the advantages of multiple backup streams (and the
importance of a fast server disk storage unit) and a more detailed
discussion of the OpenVMS client.

Alan

MG

Jan 4, 2012, 11:23:50 AM1/4/12
to Alan Fay
On 30-12-2011 0:35, Alan Fay wrote:

> The Symantec NetBackup 7.1.0.3 OpenVMS client release update for HP
> Integrity (IA64), Alpha (AXP) and VAX systems is now available for
> download from Symantec Enterprise Support:
>
> http://www.symantec.com/business/support
>
> NetBackup Enterprise Server -> Downloads

Nice to see that Symantec cares for VMS!

There's no hobbyist program I presume? (It was worth the try asking, I
guess.)

- MG