Section Creation with TPU Command File.

Ramon Jimenez

Aug 2, 2010, 10:17:23 AM8/2/10
Hi All,

I'm porting from VAX 6.2 to Itanium 8.3

I've a command file which is used to create a tpu section.

I use this command to create the section:

EDIT/NOSECTION/COMMAND=COMMENT.TXT/NODISPLAY/OUTPUT=COMMENT.TPU
$SECTION

and this one to use it

edit/TPU/NOCOMM/SECTION=COMMENT.TPU$SECTION sys$login:test.txt

This works without any issue on the VAX. If I take my comment.txt ftp
it to the Integrity Itanium box I can create the section file with
success. But when I try to edit the file I got a DEC TPU error.

Shareable base: 7B778884 Ident: DECTPU V3.2 2007-08-30 10:53
Updater base: 7BA4C034 Ident: DECTPU V3.2 2007-08-30 10:53
Updater file:

%NONAME-F-NOMSG, Message number 00000004
-TPU-F-BADSTATUS, return status 7BAA5058 different from last signal
00000000
-SYSTEM-?-EXQUOTA, process quota exceeded
-RMS-?-BADESCAPE, syntax error in escape sequence
Message number 0002FFFF
Normal successful completion
-TPU-F-BADSTATUS, return status 7BAA5058 different from last signal
00000000
-SYSTEM-?-EXQUOTA, process quota exceeded
-RMS-?-BADESCAPE, syntax error in escape sequence
Message number 0002FFFF
Normal successful completion

I guess that some of the commands on the command file is not valid
yet, but I do not know how identify or debug it. Someone could light
my way?

Bob Koehler

Aug 2, 2010, 5:22:13 PM8/2/10
In article <0748be9f-c9d9-4eb9...@s17g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, Ramon Jimenez <rjim...@ford.com> writes:

> This works without any issue on the VAX. If I take my comment.txt ftp
> it to the Integrity Itanium box I can create the section file with
> success. But when I try to edit the file I got a DEC TPU error.

Did you ever port it to an Alpha? Memory quotas on Alpha and
Itanium need to be much higher than on VAX. This just might
lead to the garbled messages you're getting.

If you used FTP to tranfer the file, did you do it in ASCII
mode? Are there, bhy any chance embedded CR and/or LF in the file?

> I guess that some of the commands on the command file is not valid
> yet, but I do not know how identify or debug it. Someone could light
> my way?

If I had no other recourse, I'd try splitting up the source in
comment.txt and compile small poart of it, building until you get
to the part that induces the problem.

Ramon Jimenez

Aug 3, 2010, 4:51:26 AM8/3/10
On 2 ago, 23:22, koeh...@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob Koehler)
wrote:

Thanks Bob,

I think I'll need to try with splitting option.