Running OpenVMS/VAX DIBOL.exe files on OpenVMS/AXP

Hans M. Aus

Jun 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/11/95
Will DIBOL programs from OpenVMS/VAX run on OpenVMS/AXP ?

We would like to upgrade to an Alpha but have several dozen programs that
are still writen in the DEC's DIBOL which is not available on the Alpha.

--
Cheers, Hans M. Aus, Wuerzburg,
a...@vax.rz.uni-wuerzburg.d400.de

David L. Cathey

Jun 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/11/95
In article <aus-110695...@wvia01.virologie.uni-wuerzburg.de>, a...@vax.rz.uni-wuerzburg.d400.de (Hans M. Aus) writes:
> Will DIBOL programs from OpenVMS/VAX run on OpenVMS/AXP ?
>
> We would like to upgrade to an Alpha but have several dozen programs that
> are still writen in the DEC's DIBOL which is not available on the Alpha.

It would appear that DECMigrate (VEST) is your best option for now.

David L. Cathey |Inet: dav...@montagar.com
Montagar Software Concepts |UUCP: ...!montagar!davidc
P. O. Box 260776 |Fone: (214)-578-5036
Plano TX 75026-0772 |http://www.montagar.com/~davidc/

Steve Lionel

Jun 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/12/95

In article <aus-110695...@wvia01.virologie.uni-wuerzburg.de>,
a...@vax.rz.uni-wuerzburg.d400.de (Hans M. Aus) writes:
|>Will DIBOL programs from OpenVMS/VAX run on OpenVMS/AXP ?
|>
|>We would like to upgrade to an Alpha but have several dozen programs that
|>are still writen in the DEC's DIBOL which is not available on the Alpha.

There is a translated DIBOL RTL available on OpenVMS Alpha so I presume this
means that a translated (with DECmigrate's VEST utility) VAX DIBOL program
should run on OpenVMS Alpha (assuming no other incompatibilities).

However, DIBOL is available on OpenVMS Alpha from DISC, to whom we transferred
ownership of DIBOL a few years ago. Here's the contact info for the US - I
don't have a listing for European offices.

US DISC (Digital Information Systems Corporation)
(National)
11070 White Rock Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
United States of America