InfoServer 100`s and alternatives

AL...@ecf.ncsl.nist.gov

Jul 16, 1991, 9:08:49 AM7/16/91

Hello all,

We just received the latest VMS source listing fiche
update and the accompanying "retirement letter" for fiche
services. I guess that means we have to seriously consider
alternatives. The Digital hawked solution (Infoserver 100)
appears at first glance to be awfully expensive ($8300). I
know it includes the consolidated sooftware distribution and
online documentation set. We operate in a mixed environment
of Unix and VMS systems using mostly TCP/IP based applications.
Does anyone out there know of an alternative to Infoserver 100's
that would provide us with access to a DEC compatible CD server
on say a SUN running NFS or something similar.

-Dan

Dan Allen
National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NBS in a past life)