CA CEO sentenced to jail for fraud

Keith A. Lewis

Nov 2, 2006, 1:23:11 PM11/2/06
NEW YORK - The former chief executive of Computer Associates
International Inc. was sentenced to 12 years in prison and was fined $8
million on Thursday for his role in a massive accounting fraud scandal
at one of the world's largest software companies.

Sanjay Kumar, 44, had faced up to 20 years behind bars after pleading
guilty in April to obstruction of justice and securities fraud charges
at the company, which since has been renamed CA Inc.

Was that the man responsible for the Polycenter ripoff?

--Keith Lewis klewis {at} mitre.org
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

Island Computers, D B Turner

Nov 3, 2006, 5:03:23 PM11/3/06
I think I talked to his brother at HP tech support last week !

;0)

DT

--
Island Computers US Corp
2700 Gregory St
"Keith A. Lewis" <kle...@MAZDA.MITRE.ORG> wrote in message

Tom Linden

Nov 3, 2006, 5:02:57 PM11/3/06
On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:03:23 -0800, Island Computers, D B Turner
<dturner-at-islandco.com> wrote:

> I think I talked to his brother at HP tech support last week !
>
> ;0)
>
> DT

Did you give him your credit card number?

David Turner, Island Computers US Corp

Nov 3, 2006, 6:16:41 PM11/3/06
He said HP required it for "the greater financial benefit'
I thought it was just his use of English
Oh well, better call Chase Visa.....

:0)DT

"Tom Linden" <t...@kednos-remove.com> wrote in message

Paul Sture

Nov 4, 2006, 4:52:45 AM11/4/06
In article <u5Q2h.3107$lY5....@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
"David Turner, Island Computers US Corp" <dbtu...@islandco.com>
wrote:

> He said HP required it for "the greater financial benefit'
> I thought it was just his use of English
> Oh well, better call Chase Visa.....

No, what he meant was that he was after a _work_ visa.

--
Paul Sture