跳至第一个未读帖子

Daiajo Tibdixious MACS

未读,
1999年4月21日 03:00:001999/4/21
收件人
We have a mixed architecture cluster

DVAX - VAX 3100/VMS V6.2

DAXP - AXP 1000A/VMS V7.1-2

I had some initial problems getting them to use the same proxy file.
Currently they both use NET$PROXY in a common directory.

UAF> show proxy {whatever}

works the same on both systems.

I have another cluster of VAXen and AXPen, same VMS versions, and the proxies
relate to nodes on this cluster, with matching usernames. (P*)

When I do a dir of DAXP:: I get the FAL$SERVER directory, and doing a specific
DAXP"username":: gives "login informaton invalid". Doing a dir DVAX:: works
fine.

An odder thing is my workstation (PWS) is in the P* cluster, and DAXP:: works
fine for my account. However my account does not work on the other nodes,
including the AXP nodes.

I've tried restarting the security server on AXP with no effect.

To summarise:

PAXP"SVIST070"> dir DAXP:: ! gets FAL$SERVER
PAXP"SVIST070"> dir DVAX:: ! gets SVIST070
PVAX"SVIST070"> dir DAXP:: ! gets FAL$SERVER
PVAX"SVIST070"> dir DVAX:: ! gets SVIST070
PWS"SVIST070"> dir DAXP:: ! gets SVIST070
PWS"SVIST070"> dir DVAX:: ! gets SVIST070
PWS"OTHER"> dir DAXP:: ! gets FAL$SERVER
PWS"OTHER"> dir DVAX:: ! gets FAL$SERVER

So what's going on? I suspect DAXP is not seeing the full NET$PROXY file.
Old proxies seem to work, newly added ones don't.
--
dTibd...@stvincents.com.au (2)9361-2730 Server Technical Support

Maarten van Tilburg

未读,
1999年4月21日 03:00:001999/4/21
收件人

Daiajo Tibdixious MACS wrote:

> We have a mixed architecture cluster
>
> DVAX - VAX 3100/VMS V6.2
>
> DAXP - AXP 1000A/VMS V7.1-2
>
> I had some initial problems getting them to use the same proxy file.
> Currently they both use NET$PROXY in a common directory.

[snip]

> So what's going on? I suspect DAXP is not seeing the full NET$PROXY file.
> Old proxies seem to work, newly added ones don't.
> --
> dTibd...@stvincents.com.au (2)9361-2730 Server Technical Support

NET$PROXY is the decnet/osi proxy database.
You should also have the old stype NETPROXY.DAT in a common directory,
both have to be synchonized, as I recall.
Look if there is one in the sys$system directory. I am not sure if
copying it to the common location will solve the problem, otherwise you
may need to add the "new" proxies once again.
| |
| Maarten van Tilburg |
| |
| OpenVMS & Windows NT System Administrator |
| Gemeentevervoerbedrijf Amsterdam til...@gvb.nl |
| spec: BRS Clusters, High Availability |
| |
| Orchestra & Choir Conductor |
| |
| Pivate: mtil...@wxs.nl distribution: vanTi...@bigfoot.com |
| Homepage : http://home.wxs.nl/~mtilburg/index.html |

Uwe Zessin

未读,
1999年4月21日 03:00:001999/4/21
收件人
In article <371DBC5B...@wxs.nl>,
Maarten van Tilburg <mtil...@wxs.nl> wrote:
[...]

> NET$PROXY is the decnet/osi proxy database.

Minor nit. NET$PROXY came with OpenVMS VAX V6.1 ([1]) and is used by the
SECURITY_SERVER process regardless if you're running DECnet Ph IV or V.

> You should also have the old stype NETPROXY.DAT in a common directory,
> both have to be synchonized, as I recall.

Yes. There is a programm to convert from NETPROXY to NET$PROXY.
If I recall correctly, then it goes like this:
$ SET SERVER SECURITY /EXIT ! yes, EXIT, not STOP
$ DEFINE NETPROXY SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]NETPROXY.DAT
$ DEFINE NET$PROXY SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]NET$PROXY.DAT
$ RUN SYS$SYSTEM:CONVERT_PROXY
$ DEASSIGN NETPROXY
$ DEASSIGN NET$PROXY
$ SET SERVER SECURITY /START

It's described in a manual, but I don't remember which one and excuse me,
but I'm too lazy to find out, now.

[1] I'm not sure when this started on Alpha. According to the documentation
the proxy-related system services were not supported?available on
OpenVMS Alpha V6.1

--
Uwe Zessin

Daiajo Tibdixious MACS

未读,
1999年4月23日 03:00:001999/4/23
收件人
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:54:03 Maarten van Tilburg <mtil...@wxs.nl>

>You should also have the old stype NETPROXY.DAT in a common directory,
>both have to be synchonized, as I recall.

Thanks, recreating NETPROXY did the trick.

Wed, 21 Apr 1999 Uwe Zessin <zes...@my-dejanews.com>

>Yes. There is a programm to convert from NETPROXY to NET$PROXY.
>If I recall correctly, then it goes like this:

Yeah, but I have to convert NET$PROXY to NETPROXY, goes the other way.

> $ SET SERVER SECURITY /EXIT ! yes, EXIT, not STOP
> $ DEFINE NETPROXY SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]NETPROXY.DAT
> $ DEFINE NET$PROXY SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]NET$PROXY.DAT
> $ RUN SYS$SYSTEM:CONVERT_PROXY
> $ DEASSIGN NETPROXY
> $ DEASSIGN NET$PROXY
> $ SET SERVER SECURITY /START

I did

$ mcr authorize list /proxy
$ edit NETPROXY.LIS ! converting to add/proxy commands
$ rename NET$PROXY .SAVE
$ set server security /exit
$ set server security /start
$ mcr authorize create /proxy