HoffmanLabs Professional Services Availability

Hoff Hoffman

Sep 26, 2006, 9:42:38 AM9/26/06

Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
professional services, support and related.

Additional general information is available at <http://www.hoffmanlabs.org/>,
and I would ask that inquiries be referred to/via the contact information
available over there, and not to the HP email address.

And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".

Now if y'all will excuse me, I have some (more) writing to do.

William...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2006, 1:57:03 PM9/26/06

Well let me be the first to wish you the best.

WWWebb

JF Mezei

Sep 26, 2006, 2:04:23 PM9/26/06
Hoff Hoffman wrote:

> Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
> professional services, support and related.

Good luck on your new endeavours. I suspect that you won't have a hard
time finding customers. And I really hope you continue to participate
here. You have certaintly behaved here in a most reespectable way and
your contributions and patience has been most appreciated.

> And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".

Yeah... they all say that !

What is a shame is that those leaving VMS engineering are not all going
to the same place. That way, you could recreate VMS engineering. By
splitting to various places it becomes harder.

Your departure leaves questions about the future of VMS, especially
since you are not the first to leave.

William...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2006, 2:11:11 PM9/26/06

At the risk of speaking frankly, jf, that statement is downright
idiotic.

VMS <> Hoff,
VMS <> Guy,
VMS <> Hoff + Guy.

What it *may* mean is that there may be some decrease in the official
participation by persons employed by HP in comp.os.vms.

Or not, should others who as of now don't participate "step into the
breach", or others who do participate increase their rate of posting.

WWWebb

Richard B. Gilbert

Sep 26, 2006, 2:58:28 PM9/26/06
William...@gmail.com wrote:

Now HP is trying to destroy VMS Engineering! First Guy and now Hoff.
Where will it end?

JF Mezei

Sep 26, 2006, 3:01:27 PM9/26/06
"William...@gmail.com" wrote:
> At the risk of speaking frankly, jf, that statement is downright
> idiotic.
>
> VMS <> Hoff,
> VMS <> Guy,
> VMS <> Hoff + Guy.

Hoff and Guy are not the only ones who have left. I am not in the same
country, have never worked for the owner(s) of VMS, and I know of 2
more. And one of those 2 told me that there had been *many* redundancies.

Remember that Hurd is out to make 15,000 employees redundant.

Remember that it isn't just those who work on the kernel or DCL that
count. It is also TCPIP Services, DECNET, RMS etc etc etc etc etc.

When the DCL guy left, he didn't mention he would be replaced. He
mentioned that the other guy would continue to support DCL. Did Hoff
mention he was being replaced ? Is it possible to replace such a senior
guy ?

Who will maintain Ask the Wizard and the FAQ ?????

A company's strength is its employees. And that is what made VMS a high
quality product compared to a certain company on the west coast that
hired inexperienced windows weenies to develop its operatin system and
applications that are riddled with security holes and bugs.

When looking back at History, will Hoff's departure be seen as big and
important as Cuttler's departure ?

Will Hoff's desk space be preserved for posterity (like they do for the
jerseys of famous hocket stars) ?

Will there be internal infighting between the remaining VMS engineers to
decide who gets control over the nodes Hoff controlled ? (I assume
"starlet" was his ?) Will the infighting cause so much animosity that
the whole group will fall apart and work against each other ? Will Sue
step in to reign in the engineers and bring back order and peace to the
group ? Is Ann McQuaid even aware that Hoff is leaving ? Will there be
tearjerking moments as Hoff leaves on the last day ? Will Sue get on her
brand new knee to beg Hoff to stay ? Or is she so jealous of him that
she has actually worked hard behind the scenes to get rid of him ? All
this and more in the next episode of "As the VMS world turns"

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

JF Mezei

Sep 26, 2006, 3:15:46 PM9/26/06
"Richard B. Gilbert" wrote:
> Now HP is trying to destroy VMS Engineering! First Guy and now Hoff.
> Where will it end?

The'll starting hiring ex-Microsoft weenie employees to take care of VMS :-)

William...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2006, 3:25:29 PM9/26/06

Sue? Jealous of Hoff?

Clearly winning the DS10L has gone to your head!

> :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) ;-) ;-) ;-)> :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

WWWebb

DaveG

Sep 26, 2006, 3:30:56 PM9/26/06

Best of luck to you Hoff. You have contributed thoughtful and civil
musings on the subject of OpenVMS for many years both here and
elsewhere. Thank you.

Rich Jordan

Sep 26, 2006, 4:15:47 PM9/26/06

> Hoff Hoffman wrote:
> > Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
> > professional services, support and related.
> >
> > Additional general information is available at <http://www.hoffmanlabs.org/>,
> > and I would ask that inquiries be referred to/via the contact information
> > available over there, and not to the HP email address.
> >
> > And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".
> >
> > Now if y'all will excuse me, I have some (more) writing to do.

Hoff,
best of luck in all your future endeavors, and thank you very much
for all you've done for us here and at the various VMS-owning companies
over the years.

Rich

Sep 26, 2006, 4:21:17 PM9/26/06
In article <4519...@usenet01.boi.hp.com>, Hoff Hoffman
<hoff-rem...@hp.com> writes:

> Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
> professional services, support and related.
>
> Additional general information is available at <http://www.hoffmanlabs.org/>,
> and I would ask that inquiries be referred to/via the contact information
> available over there, and not to the HP email address.

Maybe I can hire you when I'm rich and famous.

> And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".

If the quotes weren't there, DCL would parse the contents. :-)

Sep 26, 2006, 4:23:04 PM9/26/06
In article <451978FC...@teksavvy.com>, JF Mezei
<jfmezei...@teksavvy.com> writes:

> Will Hoff's desk space be preserved for posterity (like they do for the
> jerseys of famous hocket stars) ?

Retire his UIC I say!

Larry Kilgallen

Sep 26, 2006, 5:00:17 PM9/26/06

Having nothing to do with Steve Hoffman in particular, that is generally
good advice when shutting down usernames so that reading old audit files
continues to work well.

I would argue, in fact, that such behavior is the proper VMS implementation
of NIST 800-53 control IA-4 where it says:

"(vi) archiving user identifiers".

I find no corresponding language in DoD Instruction 8500.2,
but those two standards diverge quite a bit.
DoD Instruction 8500.2 field test sites wanted -
http://www.LJK.com/LJK/8500_2_fieldtest.html

Neil Rieck

Sep 26, 2006, 5:31:31 PM9/26/06

"Hoff Hoffman" <hoff-rem...@hp.com> wrote in message

This is truly the end of an era. (and better not have anything to do with
OpenVMS jobs going to India :-)

I really enjoyed reading your blog. Will you be allowed to keep it active or
will you be moving it to Hoffman Labs?

Neil Rieck
Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
Ontario, Canada.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/links/cool_openvms.html

Dave Froble

Sep 26, 2006, 8:12:13 PM9/26/06
William...@gmail.com wrote:
> JF Mezei wrote:
>> Hoff Hoffman wrote:
>>> Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
>>> professional services, support and related.
>> Good luck on your new endeavours. I suspect that you won't have a hard
>> time finding customers. And I really hope you continue to participate
>> here. You have certaintly behaved here in a most reespectable way and
>> your contributions and patience has been most appreciated.
>>
>>> And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".
>> Yeah... they all say that !
>>

>> What is a shame is that those leaving VMS engineering are not all going
>> to the same place. That way, you could recreate VMS engineering. By
>> splitting to various places it becomes harder.
>>
>> Your departure leaves questions about the future of VMS, especially
>> since you are not the first to leave.
>
> At the risk of speaking frankly, jf, that statement is downright
> idiotic.

Well it is JF, what else did you expect?

> VMS <> Hoff,
> VMS <> Guy,
> VMS <> Hoff + Guy.
>
> What it *may* mean is that there may be some decrease in the official
> participation by persons employed by HP in comp.os.vms.
>
> Or not, should others who as of now don't participate "step into the
> breach", or others who do participate increase their rate of posting.

Ok, here's how it works.

There a person is, happily working for a company. He/She thinks they
know where they stand with respect to the job. However, companies don't
always have the same perspective on the job as the person doing the job.
Sometimes it's an employee having an attitude about issues they have
no right to have an attitude about. Sometimes it's the employer causing
outrage in the employee.

Small outrage, maybe accept it.

Medium outrage, possibly seek new employment elsewhere.

Major outrage, the employee not only leaves, but vows to never work for
a big company again.

Been there, done #3. It does take some years to gain some perspective
on things. It takes some time to get over the outrage.

Personally, I don't think too many would leave VMS Engineering as long
as they thought it was what they wanted to do. Just not too many
openings for such work. That's just my thinking, and possibly some
people may get tired of something and just want to do something else.
But that's not the case with either Steve or Guy. They're sticking to
the VMS world, just not with HP.

Hey, I asked what stunk when Guy left. Didn't really expect him to air
the dirty laundry in public.

Something is going on, possibly something we've worried about in the
past. Don't know. But don't ask this old rascal to believe everything
is just peachy keen. VMS as we've known it is in trouble. Maybe not
short term trouble, but definitely long term trouble.

What about the FAQ and ATW? Are these officially supported by HP, or a
contribution to the user community by a few who care enough to do such?

Wishing you the best Steve. Thanks for the memories. Not done though,
there's a real good chance that you'll be hearing from me about a
problem thats been hanging around my neck for a dozen years.

--
David Froble Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc. E-Mail: da...@tsoft-inc.com

Phaeton

Sep 26, 2006, 8:13:05 PM9/26/06

As others, I wish you all the best, Hoff. Your help, advices
have been the highlights of this newsgroup, being always very
helpful, to-the-point, courteous and relevant.
Without a doubt, everyone will miss you.

But everything changes. Let's hope that your ventures and
endeavours will be successful. Please don't forget VMS and
keep in touch...
Cheers, Csaba

CSABA I. HARANGOZO |d|i|g|i|t|a|l| pha...@internode.on.net
EARTH::AUSTRALIA:[SYDNEY]HARANGOZO.CSABA;1, delete? [N]:

Sattinger's Law :
It works better if you plug it in.

William Webb

Sep 26, 2006, 8:25:28 PM9/26/06
On 9/26/06, Dave Froble <da...@tsoft-inc.com> wrote:
William...@gmail.com wrote:
> JF Mezei wrote:
>> Hoff Hoffman wrote:
>>> Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
>>> professional services, support and related.
>> Good luck on your new endeavours.  I suspect that you won't have a hard
>> time finding customers. And I really hope you continue to participate
>> here. You have certaintly behaved here in a most reespectable way and
>> your contributions and patience has been most appreciated.
>>
>>> And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".

Dave,

I never said that everything was "peachy keen" with VMS.
Nor did I say that I'd expect you to believe it had I said it.

 Anybody with half a brain knows that.

That's why I keep writing letters to management every so often, and occasionally I vent to people inside HP that I'm good enough friends with to where my vents are welcome and they get forwarded up the food chain.

But it's not "End Of VMS As We Know It -- Film At 11!", either.

If we keep buyin' it and paying for the maintenance, they'll keep makin' it.
Too much coin involved to just shut it down.

WWWebb
--
Ajilon Consulting
Site resident at

doo...@snowy.net.au

Sep 26, 2006, 8:31:34 PM9/26/06
You havn't done this just to get away from Richard have you?
:)
Phil

Guy Peleg

Sep 27, 2006, 1:17:40 AM9/27/06

"Dave Froble" <da...@tsoft-inc.com> wrote in message

Good analysis.....

In my opinion, the biggest lost to VMS over the past
few months was the departure of Christian Moser
(aka CMOS). Christian was responsible for the majority
of performance enhancements showed up in VMS in the latest
resleases.

Guy Peleg

Sep 27, 2006, 1:19:29 AM9/27/06

"Hoff Hoffman" <hoff-rem...@hp.com> wrote in message

Good luck Hoff !

Guy

Dave Weatherall

Sep 27, 2006, 2:06:36 AM9/27/06

I have to confess to having a similar thought : 'now look what you've
gone and done ' :-)

All the best in the new 'lebensabschnitt' Hoff

--
Cheers - Dave W.

Ian Miller

Sep 27, 2006, 4:32:22 AM9/27/06
Thank you for the invaluable contributions to the VMS and I hope you
will continue to find the time to contribute in the many places you
provide help.

The departure of experianced people is always a reason for concern. I
think what is produced by VMS Engineering in the next year will be
watched carefully for signs that the qualities for which VMS is
justifiably famous are still present. A hardware release (V8.3-1H1) is
scheduled and there will be bug fixes.

Other key products such as TCPIP are also a concern as these are
required to make use of VMS.

We live in interesting times, unfortunally :-(

Hoff Hoffman

Sep 26, 2006, 8:47:34 PM9/26/06
Dave Froble wrote:

> What about the FAQ and ATW? Are these officially supported by HP, or a
> contribution to the user community by a few who care enough to do such?

I expect to take the FAQ along, as it was originally an outside effort that
was adopted, and it's always been a non-corporate spare-time effort. The
downside is I'll probably have to port the sources (again).

ATW has been off-line for years now for new activity.

> Wishing you the best Steve. Thanks for the memories. Not done though,
> there's a real good chance that you'll be hearing from me about a
> problem thats been hanging around my neck for a dozen years.

Thanks. And, um, ok.

Hoff Hoffman

Sep 26, 2006, 8:52:12 PM9/26/06
William Webb wrote:

> If we keep buyin' it and paying for the maintenance, they'll keep makin'
> it. Too much coin involved to just shut it down.

I'm certainly hoping to assist folks with services and support for OpenVMS,
and training. And I expect to continue contributing here and via a blog, and at
various meetings.

VAXman-

Sep 27, 2006, 6:57:09 AM9/27/06

Christian left. How did I miss this announcement.

Guy Peleg

Sep 27, 2006, 8:07:56 AM9/27/06

<VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG> wrote in message

There was no official announcement...his last day was July 11th.

Note that there were no announcements for others who left,
out of respect to their privacy I will not mention further names.
(I'm a friend of Christian and know he does not mind me mentioning
his departure in the news group).

> --
> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker
VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Dave Froble

Sep 27, 2006, 10:47:00 AM9/27/06
William Webb wrote:

> On 9/26/06, *Dave Froble* <da...@tsoft-inc.com
> <mailto:da...@tsoft-inc.com>> wrote:
> <mailto:da...@tsoft-inc.com>

> DFE Ultralights, Inc.
> 170 Grimplin Road
> Vanderbilt, PA 15486
>

> Dave,
>
> I never said that everything was "peachy keen" with VMS.
> Nor did I say that I'd expect you to believe it had I said it.
>
> Anybody with half a brain knows that.
>
> That's why I keep writing letters to management every so often, and
> occasionally I vent to people inside HP that I'm good enough friends
> with to where my vents are welcome and they get forwarded up the food
> chain.
>
> But it's not "End Of VMS As We Know It -- Film At 11!", either.
>
> If we keep buyin' it and paying for the maintenance, they'll keep makin' it.
> Too much coin involved to just shut it down.

A 'cash cow' can and will be milked for all it's worth. But not
necessarily fed.

From some recent posts, it appears that departures announced in the
newsgroup are like the tip of an iceburg. Re, the mention of Christian
Moser, who was alledged to be behind most of the recent performance
enhancements to VMS. And the mention of others who's privacy is being
respected. How many? Will any survive?

The end, no, you'll still be able to throw money at HP for VMS V8.3 ten
years from now. The 'coin involved' is whatever HP can take from you,
not what they'll do to continue to improve the product.

Guy Peleg

Sep 27, 2006, 2:12:09 PM9/27/06

"Dave Froble" <da...@tsoft-inc.com> wrote in message

How many? I can't tell you...

Will any survive? The answer is YES !!

VMS is going to blades....VMS will run a guest on HP-VM....VMS
still has a good future ahead of it...I personally believe it and am relying
on it for paying the mortgage

Peter 'EPLAN' LANGSTOEGER

Sep 27, 2006, 7:06:15 PM9/27/06
In article <4519fcea$0$19662$8826...@free.teranews.com>, "Guy Peleg" <guy.peleg@remove_this_header@bruden.com> writes:
>"Hoff Hoffman" <hoff-rem...@hp.com> wrote in message news:4519...@usenet01.boi.hp.com...
>>
>> Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
>> professional services, support and related.
>>
>> Additional general information is available at <http://www.hoffmanlabs.org/>,
>> and I would ask that inquiries be referred to/via the contact information
>> available over there, and not to the HP email address.
>>
>> And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".

Quoted statements are the opposite of non quotied ones ?

>> Now if y'all will excuse me, I have some (more) writing to do.
>
>Good luck Hoff !

I tend to think, that both will join (as planned) the OpenVMS Technical
Update Days. Hopefully someone spends enough beer to get more infos there ;-)

Good luck to all of you

--
Peter "EPLAN" LANGSTOEGER
Network and OpenVMS system specialist

David J Dachtera

Sep 27, 2006, 9:13:14 PM9/27/06
Hoff Hoffman wrote:

> Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
> professional services, support and related.
>
> Additional general information is available at <http://www.hoffmanlabs.org/>,
> and I would ask that inquiries be referred to/via the contact information
> available over there, and not to the HP email address.
>
> And yes, HP and I are "parting amicably".
>
> Now if y'all will excuse me, I have some (more) writing to do.

Thanx for everything, Hoff!

All the best for your on-going endeavors.

--
David J Dachtera
dba DJE Systems

Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

Richard Maher

Oct 1, 2006, 9:19:40 PM10/1/06

Did noone else see the irony in this post pointing to the following
paragraphs on Hoff's contact page?
HoffmanLabs does not accept unsolicited commercial email (UCE, and often
better known as spam) for any reason, and HoffmanLabs can and variously does
report UCE to appropriate legal authorities and/or to the spam blacklists.

To the fullest extent of US CAN-SPAM and other applicable national and
international legislation, all HoffmanLabs users explicitly decline and
explicitly opt-out of any and all unsolicited email messages.

I'm sure Charles King still wants to know ". . .where did the shame come
in?"

But I'm not here to talk about SPAM (although I am grateful to Hoff and
others for having raised the bar to such a level of tolerance that I will no
longer feel guilty in posting just about anything to COV) What I'd like to
know is where all you sychophantic, bleeding-heart, Princess Diana
worshipers were over the last 15 years when engineer after engineer was
being cut from the Digital, Compaq, HP workforce? Why is it only now that
the sky is falling? Were all the others complete rubbish? Did they
contribute nothing to VMS's well being?

Yes children, plenty of VMS engineers have come and gone over the years and
the reason that you may not have heard of them is that they have not all
felt the need to make grandiose speeches or spam newsgroups about it. Now,
if you are suffering from Natasha Kampusch syndrome and are unable to cope
after your Master's demise then, with therapy, we can bring you back to the
real world. (Or you can go with him and drink the cordial in Hoffstown
Guyana) but whatever you do, don't stand up here an tell everyone that
suddenly VMS is going to die just because a few more people have left. (Even
if they have been the subject of your adoration.)

Long live VMS!

Regards Richard Maher

PS. I think I'll always remember exactly where I was when The Hoff left!

Dr. Dweeb

Oct 5, 2006, 4:17:21 AM10/5/06

And exactly why do you think VMS running as a VM under a Linux variant
"sharing" peripherals with U*X and Windoze/IA64 is a selling point ?

To me it is just HP sticking that pesky VMS thing in it's last resting
place. The last rites will be administered shortly after.

Of course, when M$ stops making WinAS/IA64, this will put a bit of a
dent in the HP grand plan, but the fullness of time will reveal all.

Dweeb

JF Mezei

Oct 5, 2006, 4:45:53 AM10/5/06
"Dr. Dweeb" wrote:
> Of course, when M$ stops making WinAS/IA64, this will put a bit of a
> dent in the HP grand plan, but the fullness of time will reveal all.

Not necessarily. The "run VMS as a process in HP-UX" might allow HP to
produce 8086 based Superdomes, and they'll have a software based IA64
emulator that will enable an IA64 version of VMS to run as a guest of HP-UX.

And if they are really smart, they'll get Charron VAX and AXP to work on
HP-UX, so in one HP-UX instance, you'll be able to run an instance of
VAX-VMS, one of Alpha-VMS and one of IA64-VMS as guests.

This way, VMS can follow to the winning architecture without being
ported to the winning architecture.

etms...@yahoo.co.uk

Oct 5, 2006, 7:03:17 AM10/5/06
You still don't get the 8086 thing, do you JF?

Bill Gunshannon

Oct 5, 2006, 9:04:33 AM10/5/06
In article <1160046197.1...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,

etms...@yahoo.co.uk writes:
> You still don't get the 8086 thing, do you JF?

He never got the, "We burned our boats." either.
Of course, now they have thrown the navigators to the sharks in order
to preclude someone trying to build new boats and get back on course.
But JF won't get that either. I wonder if his shrink knows he suffers
from irrational fixations?`

bill

bi...@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>

David B Sneddon

Oct 5, 2006, 9:23:04 AM10/5/06

Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> In article <1160046197.1...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
> etms...@yahoo.co.uk writes:
> > You still don't get the 8086 thing, do you JF?
>
> He never got the, "We burned our boats." either.
> Of course, now they have thrown the navigators to the sharks in order
> to preclude someone trying to build new boats and get back on course.
> But JF won't get that either. I wonder if his shrink knows he suffers
> from irrational fixations?`
>
> bill

It has nothing to do with his shrink -- it is
that wacky weed that he smokes (although
he denies it). I hear that the stuff north of
the border is quite strong.

Dave

Bill Gunshannon

Oct 5, 2006, 9:25:59 AM10/5/06
In article <1160054584....@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

And the RCMP have no problem just looking the other way!!

bill

Andrew

Oct 5, 2006, 12:21:45 PM10/5/06

JF Mezei wrote:
> "Dr. Dweeb" wrote:
> > Of course, when M$ stops making WinAS/IA64, this will put a bit of a
> > dent in the HP grand plan, but the fullness of time will reveal all.
>
> Not necessarily. The "run VMS as a process in HP-UX" might allow HP to
> produce 8086 based Superdomes, and they'll have a software based IA64
> emulator that will enable an IA64 version of VMS to run as a guest of HP-UX.

Why on earth would being able to run VMS as a process under HP-UX help
HP move to an x86 based SuperDome ?

I think that you can safely say that OpenVMS support will be the least
of HP's issues if they were ever forced to migrate from Itanium to x86
and because it would be the least of HP's issues it would not get any
consideration at all.

Thats before you get to the idea of running OpenVMS an OS that has
three apparent strengths, Security, Reliability and Clustering hosted
on another OS HP-UX or Linux which has a rather smaller subset of these
capabilities.

OpenVMS hosted under HP-UX or Linux would have the same impact on
commercial users as Charon-VAX has had. Which is not to say that there
is anything wrong with Charon.

> And if they are really smart, they'll get Charron VAX and AXP to work on
> HP-UX, so in one HP-UX instance, you'll be able to run an instance of
> VAX-VMS, one of Alpha-VMS and one of IA64-VMS as guests.

All of thinks may be possible but the question you have to ask yourself
is would it be usefull and is it likely. For commercial users the
usefullness would be questionable and in any case its highly unlikely
to happen. Place you bets on Elvis being filmed riding the Lock Ness
Monster you have more chance of getting a result.

Regards
Andrew Harrison

JF Mezei

Oct 20, 2006, 1:30:18 AM10/20/06
Hoff Hoffman wrote:

> Effective 23-Oct-2006, I expect to be directly available for OpenVMS and related
> professional services, support and related.

Happy last day at Digital/Compaq/HP.

Remember that your boss will be watching you when you leave to ensure
you don't steal any paperclips :-) :-)

Good luck at hoffmanlabs !!!!