VEDIT and VEDIT PLUS 5.16.3 for QNX

Ted Green

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
Last month some VEDIT problems/crashes under Photon were reported and
discussed on comp.os.qnx. We were able to replicate and fix these problems.

Therefore, a new VEDIT and VEDIT PLUS 5.16.3 are now available on our
web site at www.vedit.com. The files to download are:

ftp.vedit.com/pub/vedit516.F (Free for all QNX users.)

ftp.vedit.com/pub/vplus516.F (Only for purchasers of VEDIT
PLUS.)

We encourage all VEDIT users to download this new version. (Don't download
the vplus516.F file unless you have purchased a VEDIT PLUS license.)

The problem occurred when the VEDIT program was sized to display more
than about 10,000 characters, e.g. 150 columns by 66 lines. The fixed 5.16.3
now
supports up to 200 columns and 100 lines, and will not size itself larger
than that.

Pending Problem Reports from comp.os.qnx

Several users have reported/discussed problems with VEDIT not responding to
the
SIGHUP signal. I cannot replicate this problem and would appreciate
assistance in
do so. Can it be replicated on the main console, under Photon, or only with
externally connected terminals?

One user reported that the VEDIT PLUS color syntax highlighting didn't work
well.
Once again I am not aware of any problems, but will promptly correct any
replicable problems.

Thank you. - Ted.

ted-at-vedit.com

Mario Charest

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00

> Several users have reported/discussed problems with VEDIT not responding
> the
> SIGHUP signal. I cannot replicate this problem and would appreciate
> assistance in
> do so. Can it be replicated on the main console, under Photon, or only
with
> externally connected terminals?

Start vedit under pterm in photon. Close the windows without exiting
from vedit.

In most instance vedit will not die.