[9fans] Uriel

Julius Schmidt

Oct 14, 2012, 3:43:41 PM10/14/12
I am very sorry to inform you that uriel has passed away recently.

He will be missed.

Sergey Zhilkin

Oct 14, 2012, 3:55:01 PM10/14/12
Oh .... F*ck...
R.I.P

Bad news.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Calvin Morrison

Oct 14, 2012, 4:02:45 PM10/14/12
I'm speechless.

Benjamin Huntsman

Oct 14, 2012, 4:22:34 PM10/14/12
I'll second that. Made for many an interesting conversation!
RIP

-Ben
He was certainly a lively and unique character in person and on the
various lists / channels he frequented. RIP.

--dho

Devon H. O'Dell

David Leimbach

Oct 14, 2012, 6:04:45 PM10/14/12
Sorry to hear this.

Francisco J Ballesteros

Oct 14, 2012, 6:11:23 PM10/14/12
sad news.
he was quite young, also. :(
r.i.p.

David Arroyo

Oct 14, 2012, 6:33:30 PM10/14/12
It's always such a shock when an online correspondence dies, you can
never tell someone's health on the other side of an irc chat unless
they want to broadcast it, so every loss seems so sudden, and so
untimely. At least now he's in a world without XML :)

RIP

Matthew Veety

Oct 14, 2012, 6:42:06 PM10/14/12
On 10/14/2012 6:33 PM, David Arroyo wrote:
> It's always such a shock when an online correspondence dies, you can
> never tell someone's health on the other side of an irc chat unless
> they want to broadcast it, so every loss seems so sudden, and so
> untimely. At least now he's in a world without XML :)
>
> RIP

Yeah, this news has been definitely been sudden. I'm pretty speechless.
RIP, man.

--
Veety

dexen deVries

Oct 15, 2012, 3:34:59 AM10/15/12
On Sunday 14 of October 2012 21:43:41 Julius Schmidt wrote:
> I am very sorry to inform you that uriel has passed away recently.
>
> He will be missed.

here's to a fellow plan 9 fan and hn dweller*.

miss you...

--
dexen deVries

[[[↓][→]]]

*/user?id=uriel and /user?id=luriel

Balwinder S Dheeman

Oct 15, 2012, 5:04:22 AM10/15/12
On 10/15/2012 01:13 AM, Julius Schmidt wrote:
> I am very sorry to inform you that uriel has passed away recently.
>
> He will be missed.

It is great loss for all us, indeed.

--
Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman
(http://werc.homelinux.net/contact/)

Peter A. Cejchan

Oct 15, 2012, 5:09:44 AM10/15/12
R.I.P., Uriel, miss you...

Jerome Ibanes

Oct 16, 2012, 12:48:13 AM10/16/12
This comes as a shock to me. Uriel was a great guy; we worked together
on a few things, his deep understanding of very complex mechanisms
always amazed me.

J.

Jani Lahtinen

Oct 16, 2012, 1:20:33 AM10/16/12
On 10/14/2012 10:43 PM, Julius Schmidt wrote:
> I am very sorry to inform you that uriel has passed away recently.
>
> He will be missed.

Quite sad to hear this although I only knew him from his posts. What
happens to his site cat-v.org now?

Andy Elvey

Oct 16, 2012, 1:15:57 AM10/16/12
On 15/10/12 22:04, Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
On 10/15/2012 01:13 AM, Julius Schmidt wrote:
I am very sorry to inform you that uriel has passed away recently.

He will be missed.

It is great loss for all us, indeed.

I was very shocked and saddened to see this.
- Andy

hiro

Oct 16, 2012, 5:07:43 AM10/16/12
The domain and server is in good hands.

og.ha...@googlemail.com

Oct 17, 2012, 4:42:50 AM10/17/12
Am Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2012 21:56:03 UTC+2 schrieb Julius Schmidt:
> I am very sorry to inform you that uriel has passed away recently.
>

> He will be missed.

I guess he was a really inspiring person for many programmers out there - even if many of these people haven't been in direct contact with him.
Got to meet him once in IRC many years ago, never forgot him.
Rest in peace.

Rob Pike

Oct 17, 2012, 6:08:41 PM10/17/12
Does anyone know what happened?

-rob

s...@9front.org

Oct 17, 2012, 6:22:30 PM10/17/12
> Does anyone know what happened?

After suffering for some time, Uriel took his own life.

-sl

Kurt H Maier

Oct 17, 2012, 6:23:25 PM10/17/12
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 09:08:41AM +1100, Rob Pike wrote:
> Does anyone know what happened?
>
> -rob

Yes.

Devon H. O'Dell

Oct 17, 2012, 10:06:44 PM10/17/12
2012/10/17 Rob Pike <rob...@gmail.com>:
> Does anyone know what happened?

What sl said is true.

Not sure that it matters, but as volatile as your interactions may
have been over the years, he really looked up to you.

There wasn't anything that any of us could have done.

--dho