[9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?

ron minnich

Jul 25, 2008, 11:35:11 AM7/25/08
so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html

might as well make it available ..

ron

Bakul Shah

Jul 25, 2008, 12:56:57 PM7/25/08
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:32:22 PDT "ron minnich" <rmin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html
>
> might as well make it available ..

Not sure why qemu/download.html shows so few bootable images.
Another alternative is oszoo.org. See for instance
http://www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Category:OS_images
Images for a terminal server and a cpu server would be handy.

matt

Jul 28, 2008, 11:11:48 AM7/28/08
I've just made one, uploading it to my web server now, 100Mb bzipped,
440Mb sparse, 1Gb raw

I'll mail bellard when it's finished in about an an hour (7KB asymmetric
DSL sux0rs)

matt

Jul 28, 2008, 11:49:54 AM7/28/08

> thanks man. I did not expect this to turn into another debate. I just
> did not have the cycles to do it just now.
>
> It will be nice to see plan 9 up there at qemu.org
>
> ron

Just so happens I was doing an install on to a 1Gb CF today. I haven't
done any QEMU specific tweaking for it.