Re: [9fans] Intel 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller

erik quanstrom

Apr 18, 2008, 12:25:53 AM4/18/08
> Hi, I'm trying to install Plan 9 on my laptop and Plan 9 can't see my
> SATA drives.
> Linux reports the SATA controller as an Intel 82801FBM. I have
> searched 9fans and
> found that there may be some hope in getting this to work from the
> following post:
> http://marc.info/?l=9fans&m=115882643305112&w=2

intel sata mode is not supported. this device was produced before
intel used the ahci interface. ahci is supported.

however, there ought to be a bios configuration option to allow your
sata drive appear like a legacy ide drive.

- erik

Beene, William R.

Apr 18, 2008, 12:04:05 PM4/18/08

Thanks a lot for the information. My bios has very, very few options
and I already
looked for that one.

Thanks,
William Beene