OS/2, eComStation, and SMP

Bill, um, Bates

Dec 8, 2003, 11:55:13 AM12/8/03
Three questions, kind sirs...

1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about
the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business"
version. If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs?

2. If SMP is not supported, does anyone know if the eComStation "Multi
Processor Pack" can be used with IBM OS/2?

3. Is it true that OS/2 users have better luck with the ladies than
users of other operating systems?

My quandry is that I want to install OS/2 on a recently acquired
four-CPU system but I don't want to pay $2500 for IBM's "server"
software. However, for my own sick reasons, I don't want to totally
jump over to eComStation's base system just yet.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards,

Bill, um, Bates
Redmond -- er, France, yeah...

Bob St.John

Dec 8, 2003, 12:34:21 PM12/8/03
Bill, um, Bates wrote:
> Three questions, kind sirs...
>
> 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about
> the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business"
> version. If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs?
>
> 2. If SMP is not supported, does anyone know if the eComStation "Multi
> Processor Pack" can be used with IBM OS/2?

To be clear, the restrictions I'm going to mention are IBM's
restrictions, which Serenity Systems is contractually bound to honor.
The Multi Processor Pack should only be sold to licensed eComStation
users. It is licensed and supported only for use with eComStation, not
OS/2. IBM designed the feature to support 64 processors, but it has only
been tested on 16.

Clearly, if IBM wanted to make SMP available tor OS/2 Warp client ..
they could.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systmes

David T. Johnson

Dec 8, 2003, 1:03:24 PM12/8/03
Bill, um, Bates wrote: > Three questions, kind sirs... > 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about > the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business" > version. The SMP option is available as an option in the install of the Warp 4.52 Refresh version of OS/2. However, AFAIK, you are only licensed by IBM to use it with Warp Server for eBusiness. > If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs? I haven't used it so I don't know. Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52 and IBM Web Browser v2.0.2

Alex Taylor

Dec 8, 2003, 1:38:05 PM12/8/03
On 8 Dec 2003 08:55:13 -0800, Bill, um, Bates <thanksg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about
> the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business"
> version. If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs?

No. The OS/2 client does not include the SMP support.

That said, I've heard rumours that it's possible to extract the SMP
support files from a WSeB FixPak, and use those to make the Warp client
SMP-capable... but I know nothing more about this. And it's legally
rather dodgy, of course.

> 2. If SMP is not supported, does anyone know if the eComStation "Multi
> Processor Pack" can be used with IBM OS/2?

Technically, yes. Legally, probably not.

> 3. Is it true that OS/2 users have better luck with the ladies than
> users of other operating systems?

Speaking from personal experience, unfortunately not.

--
Alex Taylor
http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

Charles Christacopoulos

Dec 8, 2003, 1:45:33 PM12/8/03
David T. Johnson wrote:
> Bill, um, Bates wrote:
>
>> Three questions, kind sirs...
>>
>> 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about
>> the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business"
>> version.
>

> The SMP option is available as an option in the install of the Warp 4.52
> Refresh version of OS/2. However, AFAIK, you are only licensed by IBM
> to use it with Warp Server for eBusiness.

I seen no such option when I installed it on the very machine I am
running now (with 2 x Intel PIII).

>> If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs?
>

> I haven't used it so I don't know.

Regards
Charles

Bill, um, Bates

Dec 8, 2003, 6:02:02 PM12/8/03
Bob, I've spent some time today reading recent threads in this group
and you seem to be a remarkably helpful guy. (I know it sounds like
I'm being sarcastic but I'm not.) You even put up with the trolls --
easily identifiable to anyone who's used USENET for more than a week
-- without stooping to their level. Because you seem so nice, I'm
going to ask a stupid question, a real RTFM-er, and assume that you
won't flame me into oblivion.

Here goes... eComStation is OS/2, right? By that, I mean

1. It's based on the current production OS/2 kernel;
2. It's binary-compatible, so I could run all OS/2 apps without
recompiling;
3. It includes all OS/2 standard tools and utilities;
4. It supports all OS/2 standard libraries and APIs;
5. It includes the OS/2 graphical user interface; and
6. You don't forsee any of the the preceding changing in the near
future.

Now, no matter what the aforementioned trolls may say -- and I won't
mention any handles lest I incur their wrath; you guys aren't even
lucky enough to have *intelligent* trolls! -- if those six statements
are true then eComStation is, for my money, OS/2 in all but name. Not
only is it OS/2, but it's a "flavor" (forgive the imported UNIX slang)
or "distribution" (forgive the imported Linux slang) with more of an
imaginable future than IBM's distro. Meaning that, if I wanted to
deploy a new OS/2 server it would make a hell of a lot more sense to
go with eComStation.

Does that sound fair and accurate?

Now, a question for the rest of you -- since Bob, as saintly as he
seems (pun intended) can't really give an opinion of OS/2 Server for
monkEy-Business that the trolls will accept as unbiased... what would
I get with the IBM OS/2 server distro that I wouldn't get with
eComStation? Just a few middleware apps that I, as a software
developer, will probably be replacing with my own? Just the IBM name
and the assumption that my support won't dry up tomorrow? I'm trying
to make a really fair and balanced analysis here, but at the risk at
sounding like an eComStation spokesman, my admittedly little research
indicates that it's one hell of an attractive choice for anyone
setting up an OS/2 server.

I guess I'm just saying that the more I read the more I'm considering
a jump directly to eComStation. Please comment.

Lorne Sunley

Dec 8, 2003, 7:16:05 PM12/8/03
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:02:02 UTC, thanksg...@yahoo.com (Bill, um,
Bates) wrote:

> Bob, I've spent some time today reading recent threads in this group
> and you seem to be a remarkably helpful guy. (I know it sounds like
> I'm being sarcastic but I'm not.) You even put up with the trolls --
> easily identifiable to anyone who's used USENET for more than a week
> -- without stooping to their level. Because you seem so nice, I'm
> going to ask a stupid question, a real RTFM-er, and assume that you
> won't flame me into oblivion.
>
> Here goes... eComStation is OS/2, right? By that, I mean
>
> 1. It's based on the current production OS/2 kernel;
> 2. It's binary-compatible, so I could run all OS/2 apps without
> recompiling;
> 3. It includes all OS/2 standard tools and utilities;
> 4. It supports all OS/2 standard libraries and APIs;
> 5. It includes the OS/2 graphical user interface; and
> 6. You don't forsee any of the the preceding changing in the near
> future.

Yes, those are correct, plus you buy the optional SMP support at far
less than the WSeB price

> Now, no matter what the aforementioned trolls may say -- and I won't
> mention any handles lest I incur their wrath; you guys aren't even
> lucky enough to have *intelligent* trolls! -- if those six statements
> are true then eComStation is, for my money, OS/2 in all but name. Not
> only is it OS/2, but it's a "flavor" (forgive the imported UNIX slang)
> or "distribution" (forgive the imported Linux slang) with more of an
> imaginable future than IBM's distro. Meaning that, if I wanted to
> deploy a new OS/2 server it would make a hell of a lot more sense to
> go with eComStation.
>
> Does that sound fair and accurate?
>
> Now, a question for the rest of you -- since Bob, as saintly as he
> seems (pun intended) can't really give an opinion of OS/2 Server for
> monkEy-Business that the trolls will accept as unbiased... what would
> I get with the IBM OS/2 server distro that I wouldn't get with
> eComStation? Just a few middleware apps that I, as a software
> developer, will probably be replacing with my own? Just the IBM name
> and the assumption that my support won't dry up tomorrow? I'm trying
> to make a really fair and balanced analysis here, but at the risk at
> sounding like an eComStation spokesman, my admittedly little research
> indicates that it's one hell of an attractive choice for anyone
> setting up an OS/2 server.

The main piece of middle-ware you cannot replace are the Domain
controller functions of the server release. You can use Samba to do
most oof them.

> I guess I'm just saying that the more I read the more I'm considering
> a jump directly to eComStation. Please comment.

I'd say go for it.

--
Lorne Sunley

Hakan

Dec 8, 2003, 8:42:12 PM12/8/03
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:34:21 -0600, Bob St.John wrote:

:>Bill, um, Bates wrote:
:>> Three questions, kind sirs...
:>>
:>> 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about
:>> the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business"
:>> version. If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs?
:>>
:>> 2. If SMP is not supported, does anyone know if the eComStation "Multi
:>> Processor Pack" can be used with IBM OS/2?
:>
:>To be clear, the restrictions I'm going to mention are IBM's
:>restrictions, which Serenity Systems is contractually bound to honor.
:>The Multi Processor Pack should only be sold to licensed eComStation
:>users. It is licensed and supported only for use with eComStation, not
:>OS/2. IBM designed the feature to support 64 processors, but it has only
:>been tested on 16.

Bob,

Was there ever a commercially available 16-CPU Intel SMP system?

Hakan

:>
:>Clearly, if IBM wanted to make SMP available tor OS/2 Warp client ..

:>

dinkmeister

Dec 8, 2003, 9:31:45 PM12/8/03

Here is a little tip to convert a Warp 4 Fixpack 13 PC into an unsupported
Warp 4
Fixpack 13 SMP PC. All you need is 4 files from the XR_E001 fixpack 1 for Warp
Server eB.

Do not do the following or you might get into trouble with IBM when you call
for
help<g>:

1.) Do not get the following files from the WSeB fixpack

FIX\OS2.1\DOSCALL1.SM_
FIX\OS2.1\OS2KRNL.SM_
FIX\OS2.1\OS2LDR.SM_
FIX\OS2.1\OS2APIC.PS_

2.) Do not unpack the files using UNPACK2
3.) Do not copy OS2APIC.PSD into OS2\BOOT
4.) Do not replace \OS2\DLL\DOSCALL1.DLL
5.) Do not replace \OS2LDR
6.) Do not replace \OS2KRNL
7.) Do not put PSD=OS2APIC.PSD into your CONFIG.SYS

regards,
- dink

On 8 Dec 2003 08:55:13 -0800, Bill, um, Bates wrote:

:Three questions, kind sirs...

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 8, 2003, 10:15:25 PM12/8/03
In <afea8967.03120...@posting.google.com>, on 12/08/2003

Yet there isn't one single ecs enterprise customer anywhere in the world.
Maybe they know something the ecs shills don't?

>Now, a question for the rest of you -- since Bob, as saintly as he seems
>(pun intended) can't really give an opinion of OS/2 Server for
>monkEy-Business that the trolls will accept as unbiased... what would I
>get with the IBM OS/2 server distro that I wouldn't get with eComStation?
>Just a few middleware apps that I, as a software developer, will probably
>be replacing with my own? Just the IBM name and the assumption that my
>support won't dry up tomorrow?

This is ecs idiot thinking. Old booby himself claimed, just last week as
a matter of fact, said that ecs is OS2 and they get everything from IBM.
E.g., if IBM Os2 dies tomorrow so doesn't ecs.

Now stop your ecs shilling in the OS2 newsgroups.

I'm trying to make a really fair and
>balanced analysis here, but at the risk at sounding like an eComStation

>spokesman, my admittedly little research indicates that it's one hell of
>an attractive choice for anyone setting up an OS/2 server.

Price wise that is correct -- yet there isn't one single ecs enterprise
customer any where in the world after 5 years of ecs. It makes someone
with a brain want to know why the enterprise customer sees ecs as a con
game they don't want to buy into.

>I guess I'm just saying that the more I read the more I'm considering a
>jump directly to eComStation. Please comment.

Take it to the ecs newsgroup and keep it there. This one is for IBM OS2
users.

hamei

Dec 9, 2003, 12:52:01 AM12/9/03
Charles Christacopoulos wrote:
> David T. Johnson wrote:
>

>> The SMP option is available as an option in the install of the Warp
>> 4.52 Refresh version of OS/2. However, AFAIK, you are only licensed
>> by IBM to use it with Warp Server for eBusiness.
>

> I seen no such option when I installed it on the very machine I am
> running now (with 2 x Intel PIII).

It's an option you have to choose by replacing the kernel and a few
other parts with smp parts and adding a line to your config.sys.

not your normal definition of 'option', but what the heck .... and
yes, there are Intel-cpu boxes with more than 16 processors. Google
for Altix, for one. 512 cpu's that I know of, supposed to go to 1024.

Personally, for a desktop, two processors gave improved performance
but anything over that was wasted. Two, however, are super.

Bob Eager

Dec 9, 2003, 3:08:07 AM12/9/03
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 02:31:45 UTC, "dinkmeister" <di...@yadda.com> wrote:

(reproduced someone else's tip re SMP on a Warp systsm)

This will, however, break Peer networking.

hamei

Dec 9, 2003, 6:10:07 AM12/9/03

just out of curiosity, how do you mean that ? I've been running Warp
Adwanced Swerver w/SMP Feature for ages in a peer network with some
Unix boxes ... I don't see anything broken.

Bill, um, Bates

Dec 9, 2003, 9:54:14 AM12/9/03
Hakan asked Bob,

> Was there ever a commercially available 16-CPU Intel SMP system?

These days, at least, I know that you can buy both Xeon (32-bit IA)
and Itanium (64-bit IA -- very late to market but nonetheless finally
here) machines from companies like Unisys that support well more than
16 CPUs. Alas, Unisys's boxes are marketed as "designed for Windows"
and I wouldn't be surprised if they required drivers or HAL components
not readily available to the public.

However, since Unisys doesn't publish the prices of these machines,
they probably don't count as commercially available. And if you wanted
to go build an SMP box for yourself tomorrow you'd probably be limited
to something like this:

http://supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/GC_HE/P4QH6.htm

It's almost a moot point because most people who REALLY need machines
of that size are probably going directly to Sun or IBM RS/6000. I
believe that the success of using PC hardware/operating systems for
distributed computing and clustering is actually going to make it
*less likely* that PC-centric systems (WinNT, OS/2, and yes, Linux is
PC-centric) will make the transition to being common on >8-way
machines as quickly as the RISC UNIX platforms (e.g. Sun, IBM/PPC, HP,
SGI, etc) did.

Heck, I still occassionally talk to tech people who consider 2-way IA
boxes "exotic"... Erotic, maybe, but they shouldn't be exotic! Mmmm...
[he strokes the aforementioned 4-way IBM PC Server...]

So, when the SMP support was being developed for OS/2 it was probably
enough of a stretch just to find a 16-way box for testing.

Bob St.John

Dec 9, 2003, 10:29:38 AM12/9/03
Hakan wrote:
<snip>
> Was there ever a commercially available 16-CPU Intel SMP system?

The IBM "lab" in Austin used to do a lot of performance testing of LAN
Server and WSeb, supporting clients and being Notes servers. I believe
they used a 16 CPU machine from Compaq. I never paid that much attention
to the hardware used, though.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems

David T. Johnson

Dec 9, 2003, 11:20:42 AM12/9/03
Charles Christacopoulos wrote: > David T. Johnson wrote: >> Bill, um, Bates wrote: >>> Three questions, kind sirs... >>> 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about >>> the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business" >>> version. >> The SMP option is available as an option in the install of the Warp >> 4.52 Refresh version of OS/2. However, AFAIK, you are only licensed >> by IBM to use it with Warp Server for eBusiness. > I seen no such option when I installed it on the very machine I am > running now (with 2 x Intel PIII). The SMP files are on the CD-ROM. If you use CDINST to create the install floppies and then update those with the extended partition support, the installer will show a checkbox for the SMP option when you boot from the floppies. I'm not sure why. A bug? >>> If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs? >> I haven't used it so I don't know. Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52 and IBM Web Browser v2.0.2

Bob Eager

Dec 9, 2003, 12:06:10 PM12/9/03
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:10:07 UTC, hamei <hame...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> just out of curiosity, how do you mean that ? I've been running Warp
> Adwanced Swerver w/SMP Feature for ages in a peer network with some
> Unix boxes ... I don't see anything broken.

Peer will break if you run it on the same system that you're running an
SMP kernel. You are not doing that.

Hakan

Dec 9, 2003, 2:34:41 PM12/9/03
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 09:29:38 -0600, Bob St.John wrote:

OK, thanks.

:>
:>Regards,
:>Bob St.John
:>Serenity Systems
:>

Hakan

Dec 9, 2003, 2:33:18 PM12/9/03

Thanks for the link, sounds interesting. Right now I do have a quad-PPro
system but something faster would certainly be neat (although not necessary.)

Hakan

On 9 Dec 2003 06:54:14 -0800, Bill, um, Bates wrote:

:>Hakan asked Bob,

Mike Tuthill

Dec 9, 2003, 2:43:44 PM12/9/03
In article <3fd53b06$2$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>,
leto...@nospam.net says...
> Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.misc
> From: leto...@nospam.net
> Subject: Re: OS/2, eComStation, and SMP

Still ripping off OS/2 developers eh Ed! Put your money where your
mouth is (although that would make for real funny money ie. brown) and
support the OS/2 community?

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Dec 9, 2003, 1:59:38 PM12/9/03
at 08:55 AM, thanksg...@yahoo.com (Bill, um, Bates) said:

>1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP?

Only with an additional license fee.

>2. If SMP is not supported, does anyone know if the eComStation
>"Multi Processor Pack" can be used with IBM OS/2?

You'd need to have two OS/2 licenses plus the SMP license, and it
would not give you a supported configuration.

>3. Is it true that OS/2 users have better luck with the ladies than
>users of other operating systems?

My wife would not want me to conduct the requisite research to answer
your question.

>My quandry is that I want to install OS/2 on a recently acquired
>four-CPU system but I don't want to pay $2500 for IBM's "server"
>software. However, for my own sick reasons, I don't want to totally
>jump over to eComStation's base system just yet.

Your wallet, your rules. But I believe that you would find eCS the
most economical option.

at 03:02 PM, thanksg...@yahoo.com (Bill, um, Bates) said:

>Here goes... eComStation is OS/2, right? By that, I mean

It's rebranded; Serenity is not allowed to market it as OS/2. But it
includes all of the OS/2 components and runs all of the OS/2
applications.

>what would I get with the IBM OS/2 server distro that I wouldn't
>get with eComStation?

Nothing, AFAIK.

>one hell of an attractive choice for anyone setting up an OS/2 server.

I haven't looked at the eCS Server pricing, but certainly the client
pricing is attractive. And, yes, the new installer works well.

Unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action. I reserve
the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me. Do
not reply to spam...@library.lspace.org

Paul Ratcliffe

Dec 9, 2003, 2:59:17 PM12/9/03

Is this not fixed by IC31990 and/or UP08605 ? There are available for eCS
although the page does state that IP08605 was not released by IBM.

Mark Dodel

Dec 9, 2003, 5:30:17 PM12/9/03

-> Bob Eager wrote:
-> > On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 02:31:45 UTC, "dinkmeister" <di...@yadda.com> wrote:
-> >
-> > (reproduced someone else's tip re SMP on a Warp systsm)
-> >
-> > This will, however, break Peer networking.
-> >
-> >
->
->
-> just out of curiosity, how do you mean that ? I've been running Warp
-> Adwanced Swerver w/SMP Feature for ages in a peer network with some
-> Unix boxes ... I don't see anything broken.
->

Are you running LAN Manager which came with WSA? Or are you running
the Peer networking that came with Warp4/Warp Connect? LAN Manager is
SMP safe, but the stripped down version known as Peer is not. There
is a fix available for eCS users that corrects the Peer SMP problem.

Mark

--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

http://www.os2voice.org
Warpstock 2003, San Francisco, October 18-19th -
http://www.warpstock.org

Bob Eager

Dec 9, 2003, 7:10:35 PM12/9/03
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:59:17 UTC, Paul Ratcliffe
<ab...@orac12.clara34.co56.uk78> wrote:

> > Peer will break if you run it on the same system that you're running an
> > SMP kernel. You are not doing that.
>
> Is this not fixed by IC31990 and/or UP08605 ? There are available for eCS
> although the page does state that IP08605 was not released by IBM.

Indeed. But the thread started with 'how to use SMP on a Warp system,
not being a CP or eCS'. The assumption would be that anyone doing this
would not have access to those fixes, since they would be SWC/PA or eCS
only (in fact, I've only seen he fix on the eCS site).

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 10, 2003, 1:40:34 AM12/10/03

Still whining like the little asshole that you are, eh, mikie? -- Its
time you faced it -- you're an petty little asshole who is here to whine
and shill for ecs -- every time you start something with me, you end up
losing and getting pissed off -- which brings you back like you are now a
few days later after sulking like the mental case that you are.

See a shrink about your problem mikie -- or at least ask for a change in
your meds. What you have now is not working for you. -- We can see it
because you keep showing up here whining and getting beat up in your ecs
troll games -- which you can't seem to learn from.

There seems to be a lot of people like you with Canada addresses showing
up here whining like you do; Is it something about the weather, the
education system or something else that grows people like you up there?

In <MPG.1a3fd3a1a...@shawnews.fm.shawcable.net>, on 12/09/2003

hamei

Dec 10, 2003, 5:26:02 AM12/10/03
Mark Dodel wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:10:07 UTC, hamei <hame...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> -> Bob Eager wrote:
> -> > On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 02:31:45 UTC, "dinkmeister" <di...@yadda.com> wrote:
> -> >
> -> > (reproduced someone else's tip re SMP on a Warp systsm)
> -> >
> -> > This will, however, break Peer networking.
> -> >
> -> >
> ->
> ->
> -> just out of curiosity, how do you mean that ? I've been running Warp
> -> Adwanced Swerver w/SMP Feature for ages in a peer network with some
> -> Unix boxes ... I don't see anything broken.
> ->
>
> Are you running LAN Manager which came with WSA? Or are you running
> the Peer networking that came with Warp4/Warp Connect? LAN Manager is
> SMP safe, but the stripped down version known as Peer is not. There
> is a fix available for eCS users that corrects the Peer SMP problem.

Probably my mistake ... yes, I ran the LAN Manager stuff for a while,
but it didn't really give me anything for all the brouhaha involved
so I just changed over to starting the services by hand. Probably
with a more homogeneous group of computers limited to OS/2, DOS,
and Windows the tools in LAN Manager would be more helpful, but
with Unix boxes they weren't useful. To me, a peer network is one
with file and print sharing but no specific domain controller. That's
what I was getting by starting the daemons alone ... what does OS/2
Peer Networking give you that can't be accomplished that way, and how
is it broken in SMP mode ?

Mark Dodel

Dec 10, 2003, 7:07:25 AM12/10/03

-> > -> Bob Eager wrote:

-> > -> > On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 02:31:45 UTC, "dinkmeister" <di...@yadda.com> wrote:
-> > -> >
-> > -> > (reproduced someone else's tip re SMP on a Warp systsm)
-> > -> >
-> > -> > This will, however, break Peer networking.
-> > -> >
-> > -> >

-> > ->

-> > ->
[...]

Not sure that starting it manually makes any difference. If you are
running the NetBIOS from WSA or WSeB you are running LANServer which
is different code then the Peer networking included in Warp4. When
WSeB came out I ran it on a dual Pentium Pro system, and installed the
Peer networking from Warp4 on it to avoid using a domain controller.
The system was extremely unstable. I reported it unofficially to an
IBMer and was told that only the full blown LANServer was thread safe,
and IBM would not support running Peer on WSeB, let alone SMP. It ran
for short periods of time, and I don't recall the exact symptoms (This
was back in 1999 when Aurora came out), but I eventually gave up and
went to LANServer.

Bob Eager

Dec 10, 2003, 11:41:31 AM12/10/03
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:26:02 UTC, hamei <hame...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Probably my mistake ... yes, I ran the LAN Manager stuff for a while,
> but it didn't really give me anything for all the brouhaha involved
> so I just changed over to starting the services by hand.

LAN Manager is the name for the services you are starting. In other
words, the networking part of LAN Server (well, informally anyway).

> Probably
> with a more homogeneous group of computers limited to OS/2, DOS,
> and Windows the tools in LAN Manager would be more helpful, but
> with Unix boxes they weren't useful. To me, a peer network is one
> with file and print sharing but no specific domain controller. That's
> what I was getting by starting the daemons alone ... what does OS/2
> Peer Networking give you that can't be accomplished that way, and how
> is it broken in SMP mode ?

It gives you limits on connections, no domain controller, and a few
other 'not' things. It's also a lot cheaper.

It is broken because it doesn't work. Various symptoms including crashes
of various kinds. It looks for a particular address in memory, which it
uses to reference a data structure. That address is not stored there in
SMP mode because it is processor specific.

David T. Johnson

Dec 10, 2003, 1:19:37 PM12/10/03
Charles Christacopoulos wrote: > David T. Johnson wrote: >> Bill, um, Bates wrote: >>> Three questions, kind sirs... >>> 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about >>> the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business" >>> version. >> The SMP option is available as an option in the install of the Warp >> 4.52 Refresh version of OS/2. However, AFAIK, you are only licensed >> by IBM to use it with Warp Server for eBusiness. > I seen no such option when I installed it on the very machine I am > running now (with 2 x Intel PIII). The SMP files are on the CD-ROM. If you use CDINST to create the install floppies and then update those with the extended partition support, the installer will show a checkbox for the SMP option when you boot from the floppies. I'm not sure why. A bug? >>> If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs? >> I haven't used it so I don't know. > Regards > Charles Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52 and IBM Web Browser v2.0.2

Mike Tuthill

Dec 10, 2003, 2:28:22 PM12/10/03
In article <3fd6bc9b$3$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>,
leto...@nospam.net says...
> Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.misc
> From: leto...@nospam.net
> Subject: Re: [FUD4]Re: OS/2, eComStation, and SMP

> Still whining like the little asshole that you are, eh, mikie? -- Its
> time you faced it -- you're an petty little asshole who is here to whine
> and shill for ecs -- every time you start something with me, you end up
> losing and getting pissed off -- which brings you back like you are now a
> few days later after sulking like the mental case that you are.

Ed, you're a fucking thief and a wart on the OS/2 community. Deal with
it.

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 10, 2003, 3:15:23 PM12/10/03
David T. Johnson wrote:

>>> The SMP option is available as an option in the install of the Warp
>>> 4.52 Refresh version of OS/2. However, AFAIK, you are only licensed
>>> by IBM to use it with Warp Server for eBusiness.
>
> The SMP files are on the CD-ROM. If you use CDINST to create the
> install floppies and then update those with the extended partition
> support, the installer will show a checkbox for the SMP option when you
> boot from the floppies.

Yeah, IBM HAS MADE THE OPTION AVAILABLE on the Warp 4.52.

On June 20, 2001, I said right here in these newsgroups:

"Rumors from inside IBM say IBM will eventually be offering SMP
support to the SWC subsubscriber..."

And I was roundly criticized and/or called a liar by none other than:
Boob St. John
LoonyToony Cheung
Richard Steiner
Kurt Petersen
Richard Crane
Francois
Mark Kelley
G. Wyane Hines
Loren Sunley
Wayne Bickell
Jack Troughton
Herbutt Rosenau
Britt Turnbull
Bob Eager
Mark Dodel
Eric W.
William L. Hartzell
Mike Tuthill
and many more idyits

It is SOOOOO NICE to see these people eat crow!

Thank you IBM for making the SMP option available to Warp 4.52 users.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
From his Warp 4.53 ThinkPad T40 w/2GIG of RAM,
80GIG of Hard Disk and IBM's Web Browser for OS/2

Bob St.John

Dec 10, 2003, 6:59:36 PM12/10/03
The OS/2 Guy wrote:

> On June 20, 2001, I said right here in these newsgroups:
>
> "Rumors from inside IBM say IBM will eventually be offering SMP
> support to the SWC subsubscriber..."
>
> And I was roundly criticized and/or called a liar by none other than:

> Bob St. John

Then you can point to an IBM announcement and proof this is supported,
or something other than an oversight?

IBM is certainly free to make SMP available. If IBM does this, than I
can make the product a free download to any eComStation user. However,
first I would like to see an announcement, a license to use the feature,
and a statement of support.

Mark Kelley

Dec 10, 2003, 7:07:33 PM12/10/03

"The OS/2 Guy" <OS2...@WarpCity.com> wrote in message

You're lying again. I, for one, never criticized you over anything
regarding SMP at all. You are a liar, of course, so it is entirely possible
I criticized you for that.

> Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

Another lie. You are "Official" only in your own mind.

hamei

Dec 10, 2003, 7:46:35 PM12/10/03

Hmmm ... IBM DID make the feature available to licensees of Warp
Server Advanced ... not only was it free but the silly geese must
have spent fifty bucks on shipping new CD's and manuals FedEx when
they could have done the same thing with a simple ftp download.

WHY they are so peculiar about the smp boggles the mind - I suppose
they want to collect more $$ from the very very few 16-cpu users
out there - but in that case, those guys are bigshots and would be
very upandup on licensing, so why not just standardize the lineup
to use the smp kernel and charge more for four or more cpu's ? SGI
does this with a break at (I think) eight processors ...

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 10, 2003, 8:20:20 PM12/10/03

I see you're on the smme line mikie. -- You there because you're a pissed
off little asshole, who can't think of anything else to say.

But, do you have any comment on the education or food or whatever there in
Canada that has cause you to be such an idiot?

In <MPG.1a4121869...@shawnews.fm.shawcable.net>, on 12/10/2003

William L. Hartzell

Dec 10, 2003, 8:57:16 PM12/10/03
Sir: Mark Kelley wrote: > "The OS/2 Guy" <OS2...@WarpCity.com> wrote in message <snip> >>Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy > Another lie. You are "Official" only in your own mind. I just did a quick review of all my 2001 postings where the word "SMP" appeared, either in quoted material or my reply, And nowhere did I reply to *FUD4* and call TM a liar. Since it is evident that he LIED, I so do now. LIAR! LIAR! PANTS ON FIRE! So even if I missed a posting where I did, I won't see it and don't care. BTW, please mark replies to the idiot with FUD4 so I can ignore. Bill Thanks a Million!

Richard Steiner

Dec 10, 2003, 8:42:06 PM12/10/03
Here in comp.os.os2.misc,
The OS/2 Guy <OS2...@WarpCity.com> spake unto us, saying:

>And I was roundly criticized and/or called a liar by none other than:
>Boob St. John
>LoonyToony Cheung
>Richard Steiner

Your recollection is faulty; I have made no statements regarding SMP in
these newsgroups, except to wish that IBM would make it available in the
OS/2 client some day.

>Thank you IBM for making the SMP option available to Warp 4.52 users.

I agree, assuming they actually make SMP legally available to licensed
users of the OS/2 Warp client.

--
-Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Eden Prairie, MN
Applications analyst/designer/developer (14 yrs) seeking employment.

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 10, 2003, 8:33:57 PM12/10/03
Bob St.John wrote:
> The OS/2 Guy wrote:
>
>> On June 20, 2001, I said right here in these newsgroups:
>>
>> "Rumors from inside IBM say IBM will eventually be offering SMP
>> support to the SWC subsubscriber..."
>>
>> And I was roundly criticized and/or called a liar by none other than:
>> Bob St. John
>
> Then you can point to an IBM announcement and proof this is supported,
> or something other than an oversight?

Support or not, IBM has made SMP available to EVERY OS/2
user who wants it - legally or not.

Suck it up Boob. IBM has one-upped you again.

Will Honea

Dec 10, 2003, 11:40:56 PM12/10/03

Probably something on the same lines as the HPFS386 deal. If you had
a licensed copy under WSA, the hpfs386 option for WSeB was something
like $5 for media while purchasing it without a previous license was
more like $600. What was even more ridiculous was that it was
included at no additional cost with WSA in the first place. ISTR that
the APIC code IBM used was 3rd party, but I may be mistaken there.
Like SSI, IBM is entangled with all sorts of license issues going way
back. We all remember the Win 3.1 (WinOS2) hassles early on.

--
Will Honea <who...@codenet.net>

Bob St.John

Dec 10, 2003, 11:41:08 PM12/10/03
The OS/2 Guy wrote:
<snip>

> Support or not, IBM has made SMP available to EVERY OS/2
> user who wants it - legally or not.

Well .. who can argue with that. Of course, commercial accounts will
still acquire a license .. they are funny that way. Sometimes they
already have all the software they need. They just want a license to use
what they have.

Thieves? ... as I've said, are not a market.

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 10, 2003, 9:49:21 PM12/10/03
Bob St.John wrote:
> The OS/2 Guy wrote:
>
> Well .. who can argue with that. Of course, commercial accounts will
> still acquire a license .. they are funny that way. Sometimes they
> already have all the software they need. They just want a license to use
> what they have.
>
> Thieves? ... as I've said, are not a market.

And yet you haven't got one 'commercial account'. What do you
want to bet IBM gives a free license to any "commercial account'
using OS/2 if asked to use it.

Suck it up Boob. You were charging your own eCS single
idyits over $110 for SMP and that 'coveted' license (Jesus
what TWITS they are!) while IBM is simply handing it out
to their own OS/2 users with every Passport Express subscription.

As for thieves - hell, your own eCS customers are passing out
every eCS item you've handed them via peer-to-peer. You know
that or can verify the claim easily enough by firing up XNap and looking
at those offerings, I assume these come from your outhouse:

CD Disk Indexer.zip
Java 1.3.1 Refresh SR5.zip
CopyShop20.zip
DTOC4.zip
DTOC5.zip
eCS11Manual.zip
eCS 1.0 Serial Keys.zip
eCS 1.1 Serial Keys.zip
eCS Preview.zip
eCS 1.0 - Disk 1.zip
eCS 1.0 - Disk 2.zip
eCS 1.0 - Disk 3.zip
eCS 1.1 - Disk 1.zip
eCS 1.1 - Disk 2.zip
eCS 1.1 - Disk 3.zip
Embellish for OS/2.zip
Embellish for Windows.zip
Essentials-11.zip
eCS Fat32 Driver.zip
Hauppage.zip
Hoblink.zip
HPFS385.zip
Hyper Access Pro.zip
IBM-WB-DEC03.zip
Injoy w/eCS serial.zip
Injoy Firewall.zip
ISDN-PM.zip
LaserJet Drivers.zip
Lucent Modem Driver.zip
Multidesktop.zip
Multidesktop-serial.zip
MR/2.zip
MR/2-serials.zip
NTFS.zip
PhotoGraphicsPro20.zip
PM Dictionary.zip
PMDownload Center.zip
PMZip.zip
Printer Drivers 1.zip
Printer Drivers 2.zip
Printer Drivers 3.zip
RSJ CD Writer 5.zip
RSJ CD Writer 5-serial key.zip
Scanner SCSI Drivers.zip
Smartsuite 17.zip
Smartsuite 171 Update.zip
Smartsuite 171.zip
Smartsuite 171 Fixes.zip
-----> SMP0802.zip <----
Snap2-215.zip
Sound Drivers 1.zip
Sound Drivers 2.zip
Staroffice Patches.zip
Sysem Commander Deluze.zip
Systos Backup Recovery.zip
Tar.zip
Virtual PC 51.zip
Virtual PC 51 Manual.zip
Warpin-101.zip
WordPerfect 52.zip

Again, I'm assuming all those above are coming from
your site. All that eCS stuff HAS to be coming from
your eCS Lusers, either that or you are desperate
enough to offer it yourself .

Tonight there are more than 350 files and
applications available via XNap and Limewire.

Bob St.John

Dec 11, 2003, 12:55:21 AM12/11/03
The OS/2 Guy wrote:
> Bob St.John wrote:
>
>> The OS/2 Guy wrote:
>>
>> Well .. who can argue with that. Of course, commercial accounts will
>> still acquire a license .. they are funny that way. Sometimes they
>> already have all the software they need. They just want a license to
>> use what they have.
>>
>> Thieves? ... as I've said, are not a market.
>

> And yet you haven't got one 'commercial account'.

Prove it. You can't. I can. But, no ..ed.. I won't. What responsible
vendor would sic these nuts on an account. And what would be the benefit
to Serenity Systems? Nada. Case closed.

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 10, 2003, 10:02:33 PM12/10/03
Bob St.John wrote:

> Prove it. You can't. I can. But, no ..ed.. I won't. What responsible
> vendor would sic these nuts on an account. And what would be the benefit
> to Serenity Systems? Nada. Case closed.

Nice try. Bad dodge.

You haven't one Enterprise customer. You can't produce one
'big account' if your life depended on it.

You look like an idyit whining 'Case closed'. We all scoff at you.

w.d....@nospam.ns.sympatico.ca

Dec 11, 2003, 5:38:19 AM12/11/03
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:15:23 -0500, The OS/2 Guy <OS2...@WarpCity.com>
wrote:

>And I was roundly criticized and/or called a liar by none other than:

>G. Wyane Hines

Wrongo, Dipshit! I may have roundly criticized you and called you a
liar, but it was not for anything to do with SMP. My criticism of you
was for lying and stealing software.

gwh

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 11, 2003, 6:40:29 AM12/11/03
In <3FD806C9...@Augustmail.com>, on 12/10/2003

You don't have any ecs enterprise customers booby. If you did you would
be here telling about it. -- In your own words a weeks ago, you said the
enterprise market is the only one there is... If you had an enterprise
customer -- just one little one -- you would be singing about it. Your
statements on the issue are like your explanation of the tax problem you
had. You're simply lying.

Jaime A. Cruz, Jr.

Dec 11, 2003, 11:39:52 AM12/11/03
William L. Hartzell wrote:

> BTW, please mark replies to the idiot with FUD4 so I can ignore.

Don't forget the enclosing braces (indicating subject change) too! It
should be [FUD4]

Thanks!

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary

David T. Johnson

Dec 11, 2003, 12:15:47 PM12/11/03
Jaime A. Cruz, Jr. wrote: > William L. Hartzell wrote: >> BTW, please mark replies to the idiot with FUD4 so I can ignore. > Don't forget the enclosing braces (indicating subject change) too! It > should be [FUD4] > Thanks! You are not an OS/2 user. Please don't use the OS/2 newsgroups for non-OS/2 purposes. Your comments are of no value to OS/2 users. Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52 and IBM Web Browser v2.0.2

Doug Bissett

Dec 11, 2003, 2:09:26 PM12/11/03
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 02:49:21 UTC, The OS/2 Guy <OS2...@WarpCity.com>
wrote:

Yet another load of CRAP!

See:

http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

--
From the eComStation 1.1 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net

Doug Bissett

Dec 11, 2003, 2:09:28 PM12/11/03
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:02:33 UTC, The OS/2 Guy <OS2...@WarpCity.com>
wrote:

Yet more CRAP!

William L. Hartzell

Dec 11, 2003, 3:27:17 PM12/11/03
Sir: David T. Johnson wrote: > Jaime A. Cruz, Jr. wrote: >> William L. Hartzell wrote: >>> BTW, please mark replies to the idiot with FUD4 so I can ignore. >> Don't forget the enclosing braces (indicating subject change) too! It >> should be [FUD4] >> Thanks! > You are not an OS/2 user. Please don't use the OS/2 newsgroups for > non-OS/2 purposes. Your comments are of no value to OS/2 users. As a netnazi, you don't make the grade. Don't tell me what or where I can post. Don't tell me what operating system I can or may use either! Bill Thanks a Million!

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 11, 2003, 7:46:42 PM12/11/03
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:55:13 UTC, thanksg...@yahoo.com (Bill, um,
Bates) wrote:

> Three questions, kind sirs...
>
> 1. Does the latest version of OS/2 WARP support SMP? I'm talking about
> the base "workstation" system, not the "server for e-Business"
> version.

No-

> If so, does it limit the maximum number of usable CPUs?

Yes. The limit is 1.

> 2. If SMP is not supported, does anyone know if the eComStation "Multi
> Processor Pack" can be used with IBM OS/2?

It is licensed only to eCS.

> 3. Is it true that OS/2 users have better luck with the ladies than
> users of other operating systems?

Certanly - they are smarter.

--
Tschau/Bye
Herbert

To buy eComStation 1.1 in germany visit http://www.ecomstation.de

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 11, 2003, 8:03:10 PM12/11/03
Bates) wrote:

> Bob, I've spent some time today reading recent threads in this group
> and you seem to be a remarkably helpful guy. (I know it sounds like
> I'm being sarcastic but I'm not.) You even put up with the trolls --
> easily identifiable to anyone who's used USENET for more than a week
> -- without stooping to their level. Because you seem so nice, I'm
> going to ask a stupid question, a real RTFM-er, and assume that you
> won't flame me into oblivion.
>
> Here goes... eComStation is OS/2, right? By that, I mean
>
> 1. It's based on the current production OS/2 kernel;

Right.

> 2. It's binary-compatible, so I could run all OS/2 apps without
> recompiling;

Yes - not only that but it will run most programs installed with any
version prior.
Only WPS extensions and some programs installing for theyr use an WPS
class needs a new install.

> 3. It includes all OS/2 standard tools and utilities;

Yes - but it comes with significant more, eg. emx, eWP and its tools,
eConNet.......
Without eCS you havbe to pay an significant amount of money to get the
licenses included in eCS 1.1 Entry.

> 4. It supports all OS/2 standard libraries and APIs;

Right.

> 5. It includes the OS/2 graphical user interface; and
> 6. You don't forsee any of the the preceding changing in the near
> future.

Right.

> Now, no matter what the aforementioned trolls may say -- and I won't
> mention any handles lest I incur their wrath; you guys aren't even
> lucky enough to have *intelligent* trolls! -- if those six statements
> are true then eComStation is, for my money, OS/2 in all but name. Not
> only is it OS/2, but it's a "flavor" (forgive the imported UNIX slang)
> or "distribution" (forgive the imported Linux slang) with more of an
> imaginable future than IBM's distro. Meaning that, if I wanted to
> deploy a new OS/2 server it would make a hell of a lot more sense to
> go with eComStation.
>
> Does that sound fair and accurate?
>
> Now, a question for the rest of you -- since Bob, as saintly as he
> seems (pun intended) can't really give an opinion of OS/2 Server for
> monkEy-Business that the trolls will accept as unbiased... what would
> I get with the IBM OS/2 server distro that I wouldn't get with
> eComStation?

You gets exactly the same as you get with the eCS Server. If you don't
really need a server but SMP you can simply buy the eCS 1.1
Multiprocessor Pack to enable eCS 1.1 Entry to use up 64 processors in
parallel.

Just a few middleware apps that I, as a software
> developer, will probably be replacing with my own? Just the IBM name
> and the assumption that my support won't dry up tomorrow? I'm trying
> to make a really fair and balanced analysis here, but at the risk at
> sounding like an eComStation spokesman, my admittedly little research
> indicates that it's one hell of an attractive choice for anyone
> setting up an OS/2 server.
>
> I guess I'm just saying that the more I read the more I'm considering
> a jump directly to eComStation. Please comment.

If you need really a server then the eCS Server would be your
solution. You would need a server if you owns a network of 10 or more
clients with high network traffic on each. With low network traffic it
is possible to change some settings in MPTS to get more parallel
connections handled with peer services.

hamei

Dec 11, 2003, 8:53:09 PM12/11/03
David T. Johnson wrote:
> Jaime A. Cruz, Jr. wrote:
>
>> William L. Hartzell wrote:
>>

>>> BTW, please mark replies to the idiot with FUD4 so I can ignore.
>>

>> Don't forget the enclosing braces (indicating subject change) too! It
>> should be [FUD4]
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> You are not an OS/2 user. Please don't use the OS/2 newsgroups for
> non-OS/2 purposes. Your comments are of no value to OS/2 users.

Oh Jesus ... and I thought he was recovered.

Sorry, guys :-(

Al Savage

Dec 11, 2003, 10:28:01 PM12/11/03
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:15:47 UTC, "David T. Johnson"
<djoh...@isomedia.com> wrote:

> Jaime A. Cruz, Jr. wrote:
> > Thanks!
> >
> You are not an OS/2 user. Please don't use the OS/2 newsgroups for
> non-OS/2 purposes. Your comments are of no value to OS/2 users.

This is idiocy up with which I will not put!
For the third time in as many years, <plonk>.
Email me when you've recovered your sanity.

--
Regards,
Al S.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 11, 2003, 10:59:28 PM12/11/03

Hubert is an ecs salesman. What he tells you might or might not be true.
-- What we all know is that IBM does not state what ecs is -- and the
owners refuse to document what it is ir is not.

The enterprise market -- which ecs was aimed at has rejected ecs. After 5
years of trying to sell it -- there is not one single ecs enterprise
customer. That means no one, anywhere in the world is willing to bet
their job that ecs is the same thing as OS2 from IBM.

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-TfkvDICXoJoU@moon>, on 12/12/2003

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 12, 2003, 1:47:49 PM12/12/03
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:40:29 UTC, leto...@nospam.net quacked:

> You don't have any ecs enterprise customers booby. If you did you would
> be here telling about it. -- In your own words a weeks ago, you said the
> enterprise market is the only one there is... If you had an enterprise
> customer -- just one little one -- you would be singing about it. Your
> statements on the issue are like your explanation of the tax problem you
> had. You're simply lying.

the same lies again.

letoured asshole refuses any truth because it doesn't match its crap
it thinks always.

Come on, letoured asshole prove what you quacks! Where is the prove of
that above? You've got many chances to prove yoursels as liar by
visiting each eComStation working on many entrerpices.

letoured asshole proves constatly that it is only a liar.

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 12, 2003, 1:47:50 PM12/12/03
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:59:28 UTC, leto...@nospam.net wrote:

> Hubert is an ecs salesman. What he tells you might or might not be true.
> -- What we all know is that IBM does not state what ecs is -- and the
> owners refuse to document what it is ir is not.

letoured is known as assholw who is in noways able to prove anything
of its crap. Ask it
- where on the net is it possible to download for free a legally
registered SIO.SYS
- where on the whole net can one download a legally registered version
of isdnpm

Thes are only 2 samples of the things included in eCS letoured asshole
says that can be downloaded for free - but can't.

> The enterprise market -- which ecs was aimed at has rejected ecs. After 5
> years of trying to sell it -- there is not one single ecs enterprise
> customer. That means no one, anywhere in the world is willing to bet
> their job that ecs is the same thing as OS2 from IBM.

Look, letoured asshole spreads more lies around. It had gotten
multiple times the chance to visit each workplace in any kind of
enterprise it is installed - but as letoured asshole knows that this
will prove it as the liar it is, it revoked any invitation to do so.

So letoured asshole proves constantly that it eats and drinks manure
to give its crap it throws up the right haze.

Try to ask letoured asshole for facts. It will return only dump and
will try to insult you - but never give an answer.

absolutely nothing meaningful.

So wh would ask it again:

letoured asshole proves again that it knows not even its own name.

I know letoured asshole is unable to answer this simple questions:

What is an OEM?

What is an OEM product?

Where can one buy an shrinkwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 english?
Where can one buy an shrinkwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 german?
Where can one buy an shringwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 russian?
Where can one buy an shrinkwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 chinese?

letoured asshole is always unable to answer one single question about
'where can one buy ....' because IBM doesn't sell OS/2 anymore.

So com on, tell us how to load a driver from floppy during install
without modifying and reburning a CD or to create and modify
installation floppies and install from there.

Come on, tell us how to install SDD during base install and without
changing something manually?
Come on, tell us how to install from installation CD when ibm1s506.add
would not be able to see both, the CD and the installation HD -
whereas
danis506.add does on default.
Come on, tell us how zo install networking while the original IBM
installer fails to do it right?

Come on, letoured asshole, tell us where to download and insert on the
orignal CD
- danis506.add tell us how to get it on the MCP CD when you
owns no
burner
or you doesn't know how to modify the MCP installation
CD
to get it loaded for install instead of ibm1s506?
- sio.sys the licensed com port driver needed to get most PCI
COM
ports working
where is the license key downloadable for free without
stealing it?
tell us how to get it on the MCP CD when you owns no
burner
or you doesn't know how to modify the MCP installation
CD
to get it loaded for install instead of ibm1s506?
- how to get XWP installed during base install?
- how.....

> >> Ask booby who his secret partner is.

Oh, letoured asshole will lie to you that IBM is not secret.

Look, I was right, letoured asshole provd itself as liar. It is really
unable to answer the simplest questions or prove a single of its
quacks.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 12, 2003, 5:55:09 PM12/12/03

Hubert, if you had any ecs customers or new sales, you would not have time
to be here spamming and whining about me telling the truth about your
failed con game.

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-0Lnqjm4UdDzC@moon>, on 12/12/2003

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 12, 2003, 5:55:39 PM12/12/03
In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-jUVqJnM2tVuu@moon>, on 12/12/2003

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 12, 2003, 5:57:55 PM12/12/03

hubert your only pissed off because I tell the truth about the failed
product you are here spamming for. -- I bet you haven't sold a copy in
the last two years, have you now.

PS: I can't wait to see some case law with the new US laws on spamming
used you stop people like you and booby from coming here with your con
game.

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-jUVqJnM2tVuu@moon>, on 12/12/2003

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 13, 2003, 4:29:11 AM12/13/03
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:55:09 UTC, leto...@nospam.net quacked:

its usual quack, quack.

The Real OS/2 Guy

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 13, 2003, 8:10:30 AM12/13/03

Hubert, you're a nutjob. Your post below is filled with things I never
said a word about. -- So, tell us what kind of drugs are you using and
where do you get them?

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-dZXzbG1m9jyC@moon>, on 12/13/2003

at 11:13 AM, "The Real OS/2 Guy" <os2...@pc-rosenau.de> said:

>On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:57:55 UTC, leto...@nospam.net quacked:

>absolutely nothing meaningful.
>

>So wh would ask it again:
>
>letoured asshole proves again that it knows not even its own name.
>
>I know letoured asshole is unable to answer this simple questions:
>
>What is an OEM?
>
>What is an OEM product?
>
>Where can one buy an shrinkwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 english?
>Where can one buy an shrinkwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 german?
>Where can one buy an shringwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 russian?
>Where can one buy an shrinkwrapped OS/2 WARP MCP2 chinese?
>
>letoured asshole is always unable to answer one single question about
>'where can one buy ....' because IBM doesn't sell OS/2 anymore.
>
>So com on, tell us how to load a driver from floppy during install
>without modifying and reburning a CD or to create and modify
>installation floppies and install from there.
>
>Come on, tell us how to install SDD during base install and without
>changing something manually?
>Come on, tell us how to install from installation CD when ibm1s506.add
>would not be able to see both, the CD and the installation HD - whereas
>danis506.add does on default.
>Come on, tell us how zo install networking while the original IBM
>installer fails to do it right?

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 13, 2003, 8:14:27 AM12/13/03

Hubert how come you run away and hide like a little boy from questions
like; name one ecs enterprise customer so I can write about it??? -- You
are acting like a little boy who has been caught in a lie. Are you being
paid by booby to spam here?

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-dvgrLHHkYiwB@moon>, on 12/13/2003

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 13, 2003, 3:41:42 PM12/13/03
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:14:27 UTC, leto...@nospam.net quacked:

the same crap as usual.

Come on, letoured asshole, where is the prove of all your lies? We're
waiting now for more than a year that you comes with the prove that
eCS 1.1 is not on a newer codelevel than MCP1, that MCP2 is on a
higher codelevel than MCP1 with fixes applied. that MCP contains more
drivers than eCS 1.0, that one can download from IBM any driver in
eCS 1.0 or eCS 1.1. Letoured asshole has proven too often that it is
nothing than a cockroach dreaming under a little stone in central
park.

letoured asshole ignores offer to visit any of them - names alone says
nothing. Visiting them, see the workplaces in production proves more
as anything else.

Dumb letoured asshole refuses each offer to do so because it knows
that it is
nothing than a liar. So letoured asshole has proven again that it is
only a stinking liar.

By that letoured asshole which 0800 number can one call in europe to
get IBM on phone to order a shrinkwrapped MCP like one can do on
multiple locations to get eCS 1.1?

letoured asshole we're missing a link to a WEB page where one can buy
all that is coming on the eCS CDs from IBM for even the double price.
That is:

MCP2 on fixpack level 3, an improved installer that does NOT fail to
install networking, eConNet or isdnpm, danis drivers included in
default install instead the crappy ibm1s506, current network drivbers,
such as the realtec ones, ................ And getting download all
fixes, updates and drivers for free - and not only for 12 month, but
unlimited.

How to get the SMP feature from IBM without paying WSoD?

And again: what is the difference between MCP1 + fixes occured 3 month
before MCP 2 arrived and MCP2? It was you, letoured asshole who
claimed that eCS is on lower codelevel than MCP2 - so we're waiting
for prove since more than a year.

letoured asshole ignores constantly any question, answers facts fith
insults only, repeats lies even whet they are proven as lies.

letoured asshole insists that eCS contains no driver one can't
download from IBM. But ask it for
- licensed SIO (or even the demo version)
- danis506
- NTFS driver
- FAT32 driver
.. many more
and you'll get nothing than insults as answer. So letoured asshole
proves itself as liar.

letoured asshole insists that eCS is not OS/2. Present it an syslevel
file of your eCS and ask it what it is - you gets another torrent of
insults - but no real answer. So again letoured asshole blames itself
as the liar it is.

letoured assole refuses all invitations to spent at least 10 years of
his live to visit each workplace where an eComStation is running in
production in enterprices of any type but cries "I can't see an
enterprise so ther will be none". So letoured asshole proves that it
is nothing than an ignorant liar.

Anybody who has a single cell of brain had accepted one innovation at
least partially to prove his own eyes, his own hands, his own ears
that there are enterprices running eCS - but letoured asshole knows
that it has loose its credibility complete so it spams around.

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Dec 13, 2003, 5:41:36 PM12/13/03
In <vth9f4m...@corp.supernews.com>, on 12/11/2003

at 09:15 AM, "David T. Johnson" <djoh...@isomedia.com> said:

>You are not an OS/2 user.

ROTF,LMAO!

No, Jaime isn't an OS/2 user, and you are Marie of Rumania.

>Your comments are of no value to OS/2 users.

PKB. His comments have been helpful over the years. It is your
vendetta against Serenity that is of no value to OS/2 users.

Unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action. I reserve
the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me. Do
not reply to spam...@library.lspace.org

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 13, 2003, 7:30:23 PM12/13/03
Shmuel (Seymour Butts) Metz wrote:

>... It is your

> vendetta against Serenity that is of no value to OS/2 users.

Seymour [Butts], it is your desperation and frustration at being
rooked by two con artists for purchasing eCS that has no value
to OS/2 users.

We scoff at the Seymour Butts of this world.

eCS Salesmen are known liars. Read the truth about eCS:

http://www.warpcity.com/PassportExpress.html

Then laugh your head off here:

http://www.warpcity.com/eCSGallery/

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 14, 2003, 2:18:12 AM12/14/03
In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-Hnep5HVcCDb0@moon>, on 12/13/2003
at 08:41 PM, "The Real OS/2 Guy" <os2...@pc-rosenau.de> said:

>On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:14:27 UTC, leto...@nospam.net quacked:

>the same crap as usual.

>Come on, letoured asshole, where is the prove of all your lies? We're
>waiting now for more than a year that you comes with the prove that eCS
>1.1 is not on a newer codelevel than MCP1, that MCP2 is on a higher
>codelevel than MCP1 with fixes applied. that MCP contains more drivers
>than eCS 1.0, that one can download from IBM any driver in eCS 1.0 or
>eCS 1.1. Letoured asshole has proven too often that it is nothing than a
>cockroach dreaming under a little stone in central park.
>
>letoured asshole ignores offer to visit any of them - names alone says
>nothing. Visiting them, see the workplaces in production proves more as
>anything else.

No I didn't asshole. I said tell me who the ecs enterprise customers are
-- then we will talk about a visit. You have never named a single one.
Its because there aren't any.

>... many more

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 14, 2003, 3:44:19 AM12/14/03
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 07:18:12 UTC, leto...@nospam.net wrote:

> In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-Hnep5HVcCDb0@moon>, on 12/13/2003
> at 08:41 PM, "The Real OS/2 Guy" <os2...@pc-rosenau.de> said:
>
> >On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:14:27 UTC, leto...@nospam.net quacked:
>
> >the same crap as usual.
>
> >Come on, letoured asshole, where is the prove of all your lies? We're
> >waiting now for more than a year that you comes with the prove that eCS
> >1.1 is not on a newer codelevel than MCP1, that MCP2 is on a higher
> >codelevel than MCP1 with fixes applied. that MCP contains more drivers
> >than eCS 1.0, that one can download from IBM any driver in eCS 1.0 or
> >eCS 1.1. Letoured asshole has proven too often that it is nothing than a
> >cockroach dreaming under a little stone in central park.
> >
> >letoured asshole ignores offer to visit any of them - names alone says
> >nothing. Visiting them, see the workplaces in production proves more as
> >anything else.
>

> No I didn't asshole. I said tell me who the ecs enterprise customers are
> -- then we will talk about a visit. You have never named a single one.
> Its because there aren't any.

letoured has ignored any offer to visit each eComStation working in
enterprises. Thats a fact. Now coming along and lying makes it in
noways better. Fact is that letoured asshole proves again that it is
nothing than a liar.

Look, why can letoured asshole never answer the questions below? Fact
is that letoured had lied belonging to this and were never avble to
prove a single word he had quacked and will never be able to do so.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 14, 2003, 8:30:08 AM12/14/03

hubert, stop your nut-job shilling for ecs in the OS2 newsgroups.

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-hGeydKBMJzYO@moon>, on 12/14/2003

Tim Smith

Dec 14, 2003, 8:37:25 AM12/14/03
In article <3fdb0d6d$2$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>, leto...@nospam.net wrote:
> Hubert how come you run away and hide like a little boy from questions
> like; name one ecs enterprise customer so I can write about it??? -- You

How come you won't define "enterprise customer"? Is it because if you did,
people who read the eCS newsgroups would see that there are some (it took me
less than 5 minutes last time I looked to find a posting from one)?

--
Evidence Eliminator is worthless. See evidence-eliminator-sucks.com
--Tim Smith

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 14, 2003, 10:03:28 AM12/14/03
In <pizcb.3561$0s2....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, on 12/14/2003
at 01:37 PM, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> said:

>In article <3fdb0d6d$2$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>,
>leto...@nospam.net wrote: > Hubert how come you run away and hide like a
>little boy from questions > like; name one ecs enterprise customer so I
>can write about it??? -- You

>How come you won't define "enterprise customer"? Is it because if you
>did, people who read the eCS newsgroups would see that there are some (it
>took me less than 5 minutes last time I looked to find a posting from
>one)?

Stop your lies and bullshit timmy. -- I defined it. I told you shills to
use the IBM definition. Its an industry standard -- There are no ecs
enterprise customers. There never will be. If you had a few working brain
cells you could figure out why.

PS: Name that ecs enterprise customer you think you found.

Tim Smith

Dec 14, 2003, 4:56:20 PM12/14/03
In article <3fdc787b$1$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>, leto...@nospam.net wrote:
> Stop your lies and bullshit timmy. -- I defined it. I told you shills to
> use the IBM definition. Its an industry standard -- There are no ecs

IBM is not the one here claiming there aren't any eCS enterprise customers, so
I don't care what their definition is. Give you definition, or give a useful
cite for it, rather than just pointing to IBM.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 14, 2003, 7:36:53 PM12/14/03
In <805Db.3965$0s2....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, on 12/14/2003
at 09:56 PM, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> said:

>In article <3fdc787b$1$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>,
>leto...@nospam.net wrote: > Stop your lies and bullshit timmy. -- I
>defined it. I told you shills to > use the IBM definition. Its an
>industry standard -- There are no ecs

>IBM is not the one here claiming there aren't any eCS enterprise
>customers, so I don't care what their definition is. Give you
>definition, or give a useful cite for it, rather than just pointing to
>IBM.

What's the matter timmy boy -- too stupid to find how IBM defines
enterprise customers? It sure looks like it. I use the IBM definitions.

There are no ecs enterprise customers.

-- Now go troll somewhere else. You won the game of looking stupid.

Tim Smith

Dec 15, 2003, 1:53:16 AM12/15/03
In article <3fdcfedf$3$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>, leto...@nospam.net wrote:
> What's the matter timmy boy -- too stupid to find how IBM defines
> enterprise customers? It sure looks like it. I use the IBM definitions.

What is the URL of IBM's definitions?

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 14, 2003, 11:07:35 PM12/14/03
Tim Smith wrote:
> In article <3fdc787b$1$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>, leto...@nospam.net wrote:
>
>>Stop your lies and bullshit timmy. -- I defined it. I told you shills to
>>use the IBM definition. Its an industry standard -- There are no ecs
>

> IBM is not the one here claiming there aren't any eCS enterprise customers, so
> I don't care what their definition is. Give you definition, or give a useful
> cite for it, rather than just pointing to IBM.

IBM doesn't recognize eCS at all - Serenity has no Enterprise
or large corporate customers. Not a one. Nada. Zilch.

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 14, 2003, 11:11:20 PM12/14/03
Tim Smith wrote:
> In article <3fdcfedf$3$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>, leto...@nospam.net wrote:
>
>>What's the matter timmy boy -- too stupid to find how IBM defines
>>enterprise customers? It sure looks like it. I use the IBM definitions.
>

> What is the URL of IBM's definitions?

Name one large corporate entity with more than 100,000
seats of eCS. Just one.

[Long slow whistling ...] Go ahead... we're all waiting
for your response.

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 15, 2003, 2:26:51 AM12/15/03
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:30:08 UTC, leto...@nospam.net quacked:

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 15, 2003, 7:25:00 AM12/15/03

hubert the obnoxious German, Germans don't buy anything from -- once again
-- instead of answering a question about the ecs product he shills and
spams for said;

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
[...]
blah, blah, ... I won't grow up, I won't grow up, I won't, won't,
won't...

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-eHJHdOOD8fHF@moon>, on 12/15/2003

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 15, 2003, 7:27:55 AM12/15/03
In <wtcdb.4960$Pg1....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, on 12/15/2003
at 06:53 AM, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> said:

>In article <3fdcfedf$3$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>,
>leto...@nospam.net wrote: > What's the matter timmy boy -- too stupid to
>find how IBM defines > enterprise customers? It sure looks like it. I
>use the IBM definitions.

>What is the URL of IBM's definitions?

I told you once already, learn to search the internet timmy.

PS: If you think you have some point here that works for you -- think
again. IBM has been in business for generations and real definitions of
enterprise customers. Hint; one PC in one big company is not an enterprise
customer.

Now smarten up and don't come back until you do.

fred_e...@comcast.net

Dec 15, 2003, 10:10:09 AM12/15/03
MORON, HOW MANY COMPANIES DO YOU THINK HAVE MORE THAN 100,000 USERS OF
ANYTHING?

In <3fdd5...@news3.prserv.net>, on 12/14/03

Fred Emmerich
Fred_e...@sbcglobal.net

Tim Smith

Dec 15, 2003, 10:46:57 AM12/15/03
In article <3fdda87e$4$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>,

leto...@nospam.net wrote:
>>What is the URL of IBM's definitions?
>
> I told you once already, learn to search the internet timmy.

I'm better at searching than you are, since it only took me a few minutes to
find eCS enterprise customers, using every normal definition of "enterprise
customer" that is in common use.

Again, what is a URL for the definition you use?

(To everyone else: of course, he'll evade again, because if he ever defined
his terms, it would be too easy to see that he is wrong. It is necessary
for his "argument" that no one know what he means by "enterprise customer").

Jaime A. Cruz, Jr.

Dec 15, 2003, 11:54:11 AM12/15/03
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

> In <vth9f4m...@corp.supernews.com>, on 12/11/2003
> at 09:15 AM, "David T. Johnson" <djoh...@isomedia.com> said:
>

>>You are not an OS/2 user.
>

> ROTF,LMAO!
>
> No, Jaime isn't an OS/2 user, and you are Marie of Rumania.
>

>>Your comments are of no value to OS/2 users.
>

> PKB. His comments have been helpful over the years. It is your
> vendetta against Serenity that is of no value to OS/2 users.

Thank you. Someone spends way too much time analyzing headers. Yes,
this is NOT posted from an OS/2 system. My employer (who happened to
create and mis-market OS/2, by the way) provides me with a Thinkpad
preloaded with Win2K from which I do my job.

Being a Win2K user doesn't preclude that I no longer use OS/2.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary
Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
http://www.nassauwings.org/
http://www.popsrun.org/

Jaime A. Cruz, Jr.

Dec 15, 2003, 11:47:10 AM12/15/03
hamei wrote:
> David T. Johnson wrote:
>
>> You are not an OS/2 user. Please don't use the OS/2 newsgroups for
>> non-OS/2 purposes. Your comments are of no value to OS/2 users.
>>

> Oh Jesus ... and I thought he was recovered.
>
> Sorry, guys :-(

No worries. He's an idiot and he's been plonked a long time ago along
with Larry's other personalities. I'm putting the appropriate tag on
this thread so I don't have to read his drivel in any responses either.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 15, 2003, 6:53:45 PM12/15/03
In <Rhkdb.4895$0s2....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, on 12/15/2003
at 03:46 PM, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> said:

>In article <3fdda87e$4$ryrgbhearnh$mr2...@news.verizon.net>,
>leto...@nospam.net wrote:
>>>What is the URL of IBM's definitions?
>>
>> I told you once already, learn to search the internet timmy.

>I'm better at searching than you are, since it only took me a few minutes
>to find eCS enterprise customers, using every normal definition of
>"enterprise customer" that is in common use.

Name the customers asshole!!! Show some guts here. -- Its the IBM
definition that matters. Its the OS2 enterprise market that ecs wants.
There are none of those.

>Again, what is a URL for the definition you use?

Show some skills and tell us what IBM uses.

>(To everyone else: of course, he'll evade again, because if he ever
>defined his terms, it would be too easy to see that he is wrong. It is
>necessary for his "argument" that no one know what he means by
>"enterprise customer").

There is no evasion. Its public information. Always has been -- but you
appear to be too fucking stupid to find the definitions -- or you would
not be whining like a little out of control asshole mixing meds.

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 15, 2003, 8:48:07 PM12/15/03
fred_e...@comcast.net wrote:
> MORON, HOW MANY COMPANIES DO YOU THINK HAVE MORE THAN 100,000 USERS OF
> ANYTHING?

Hummm... Banco de Brazil has over 400,000 seats and they are
just one of many Brazlian Enterprise Customers with long-term OS/2
contracts. Now Germany's banks have more than a million OS/2
seats throughout their banking enterprises and yet every one
Herbutt Roseneau, Serenity's failed eCS distributor, has approached
have laughed in his face.. Look across Europe and the South
Americas then circle right back to the U.S. That ATM you're so
used to using still uses OS/2. Hell, BOA's OS/2 seats will kill you
and they are well over 100,000 if not in the millions.

Again, name on eCS Enterprise customer. Just one.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 16, 2003, 6:32:21 AM12/16/03
In <3fde8...@news3.prserv.net>, on 12/15/2003
at 08:48 PM, The OS/2 Guy <Os2...@Warpcity.com> said:

>fred_e...@comcast.net wrote:
>> MORON, HOW MANY COMPANIES DO YOU THINK HAVE MORE THAN 100,000 USERS OF
>> ANYTHING?

>Hummm... Banco de Brazil has over 400,000 seats and they are just one of
>many Brazlian Enterprise Customers with long-term OS/2 contracts. Now
>Germany's banks have more than a million OS/2 seats throughout their
>banking enterprises and yet every one Herbutt Roseneau, Serenity's failed
>eCS distributor, has approached have laughed in his face.. Look across
>Europe and the South Americas then circle right back to the U.S. That
>ATM you're so used to using still uses OS/2. Hell, BOA's OS/2 seats will
>kill you and they are well over 100,000 if not in the millions.

>Again, name on eCS Enterprise customer. Just one.

IBM has different categories of enterprise customers. I think the lowest
ranking one has 40 or more employees. These isn't even an ecs enterprise
customer that big. -- Which is the size that would be interested in
buying OS2 at a lower price -- if ecs was really a quality alternative to
OS2 from IBM.

ecs is a complete and utter failure -- except for the fanatical idiots
that show up here and other places on the internet. No one who is
responsible and who would be criticized, or fired for screwing up the
company computer system by using ecs, in place of OS2 from IBM -- has yet
to recommend it or get his company to buy it.

The lack of a single ecs enterprise customer after five years of trying to
sell the thing -- tells the rational person everything he needs to know
about the quality of the product and the maketing skills and ethics of the
owners.

-- I still want to know who the secret partner is -- and his agenda.

Bob St.John

Dec 16, 2003, 7:16:56 AM12/16/03
leto...@nospam.net wrote:

> IBM has different categories of enterprise customers. I think the lowest
> ranking one has 40 or more employees.

If course there are eComStation users that large, using eComStation to
run line of business applications. A little while ago a chain of "drug
stores" moved to eComStation as their point of sale platform. Ka-ching.

That's what I like about you and "TM", you spout on and on .. never
letting facts or reality deter you. That's why you two are among the
bigger jokes on USENET ... and the planet, actually.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems

The OS/2 Guy

Dec 16, 2003, 9:34:12 AM12/16/03
Bob St.John wrote:
> leto...@nospam.net wrote:
>
>> IBM has different categories of enterprise customers. I think the lowest
>> ranking one has 40 or more employees.
>

> If course there are eComStation users that large,
> using eComStation to
> run line of business applications.

No there is not and you know it. Here you're just flat out lying again.

A little while ago a chain of "drug
> stores" moved to eComStation as their point of sale platform. Ka-ching.

Lie. Name the chain. In retort, 1000 chain of 'banks and eateries"
laughed in the faces of eComStation.

They can't be named of course because it would harm their public
image.

> That's what I like about you and "TM", you spout on and on .. never
> letting facts or reality deter you.

And yet you never present any facts. What you present are lies, lies
and more lies. You claim "Enterprise" customers but can't name them.
You claim chain of "drug stores" yet you can't name them. You claim
a consumer base of eCS customers of 40 or so but you can't name
them.

Those are the facts. You could refute them here and now by naming
any large Enterprise eCS customer.

>That's why you two are among the
> bigger jokes on USENET ... and the planet, actually.

Only in the eyes of the invading Serenity officials who have to whine
publicly in the OS/2 newsgroups because sales of eCS are dead.

The biggest con artists in the OS/2 newsgroups today are Boob St.
John and his flunky LoonyToony Cheung.

But we all know that and rather than ignore you, we just ignore
your famously problematic 'it ain't going anywhere' eCS product.

The eCS product is a *privately owned proprietary commercial package*
factully proven to be problematic and known within the OS/2 community
as the worst scam perpetuated in the OS/2 newsgroup in the last few years.

If you would like to put an end to the eCS Scam take your complaint to
the Internet Fraud Complaint Center of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
here:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

For this bizarre phenomenon we call the [eCS SCAM],
read up on it at:

http://www.warpcity.com/PassportExpress.html

Then laugh your head off here:

http://www.warpcity.com/eCSGallery/

And please insert [eCS SCAM] in the subject lines of
any responses you may make to eCS Fanatics. It's
the best way to rid the OS/2 newsgroups of illegal
spamming by eCS salesmen/investors/fanatics.

Luc Van Bogaert

Dec 16, 2003, 3:41:40 PM12/16/03
Tim Smith wrote:

> (To everyone else: of course, he'll evade again, because if he ever defined
> his terms, it would be too easy to see that he is wrong.

He doesn't even care he's wrong. Obviously, he doesn't even care
everyone thinks he's a complete idiot, because everytime someone says
he's an idiot, he just tries harder making an even bigger fool of
himself than he already is. I say he's crazy as a loon, but he's also
out to damage OS/2.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Luc Van Bogaert

Dec 16, 2003, 3:53:05 PM12/16/03
leto...@nospam.net wrote:

> You don't have any ecs enterprise customers booby. If you did you would
> be here telling about it. -- In your own words a weeks ago, you said the
> enterprise market is the only one there is... If you had an enterprise
> customer -- just one little one -- you would be singing about it.

Maybe he doesn't take a childish fool like yourself serious enough to
even consider discussing this with you? Or maybe he just thinks it's
none of your bussiness? After all, why in the world would anyone take
someone like you serious at all? Look at yourself, and all the crap
you've been posting here. A sensible person would be ashamed of himself,
but not you : you just go on trying to make an even bigger fool of
yourself than you already are. Is it a patological need for attention?
Better being laughed at than no attention at all, is that it? I'm sorry
you seem to be unable to find you some professional help, because you
really seem to need it.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 16, 2003, 6:10:13 PM12/16/03

Name some ecs enterprise customers and you win your point. You and booby
have always run away from that point -- because there are no ecs
enterprise customers. ecs is a total failure in that market.

In <3fdf70ad$0$16482$ba62...@reader5.news.skynet.be>, on 12/16/2003

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 16, 2003, 6:10:14 PM12/16/03
In <3fdf6e00$0$16481$ba62...@reader5.news.skynet.be>, on 12/16/2003
at 09:41 PM, Luc Van Bogaert <luc.van...@invalid.skynet.be> said:

>Tim Smith wrote:

>> (To everyone else: of course, he'll evade again, because if he ever defined
>> his terms, it would be too easy to see that he is wrong.

>He doesn't even care he's wrong.

But I'm not wrong. ecs is not the same thing as OS2 form IBM, nor does it
have the same quality. -- Now if you have proof that this is not so --
product it!!!

You ecs shills have been asked for that evidence time after time, and you
always run away like scared little boys -- only to come back when it suits
you and attack me.

Obviously, he doesn't even care
>everyone thinks he's a complete idiot,

You and the ecs shills are the idiots. Provide proof that ecs is exactly
the same thing as OS2 form IBM and you win your point.

because every time someone says

>he's an idiot, he just tries harder making an even bigger fool of
>himself than he already is. I say he's crazy as a loon, but he's also
>out to damage OS/2.

No. The crazy ones are you and your kind. This is an OS2 newsgroup. You
are the invader here. -- But if you provide proof that ecs is exactly the
same thing as OS2 form IBM and you win part of your point.

How fast are you going to run this time???

The Real OS/2 Guy

Dec 16, 2003, 6:35:24 PM12/16/03
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:53:05 UTC, Luc Van Bogaert
<luc.van...@invalid.skynet.be> wrote:

> leto...@nospam.net wrote:
>
> > You don't have any ecs enterprise customers booby. If you did you would
> > be here telling about it. -- In your own words a weeks ago, you said the
> > enterprise market is the only one there is... If you had an enterprise
> > customer -- just one little one -- you would be singing about it.
>
> Maybe he doesn't take a childish fool like yourself serious enough to
> even consider discussing this with you? Or maybe he just thinks it's
> none of your bussiness?

No, not or, AND.

After all, why in the world would anyone take
> someone like you serious at all? Look at yourself, and all the crap
> you've been posting here. A sensible person would be ashamed of himself,
> but not you : you just go on trying to make an even bigger fool of
> yourself than you already are. Is it a patological need for attention?
> Better being laughed at than no attention at all, is that it? I'm sorry
> you seem to be unable to find you some professional help, because you
> really seem to need it.

It will come and whine that you don't use OS/2 because you use eCS.
Ask it for the difference between OS/2 and eCS and it will start
insulting you by giving you the name it gots from its parents:
asshole, but will be never able to give a proveable answer.

letoured asshole is already known as a fudster without any real
knowledge. It is in no way able to come with a single fact. It is
proven as the one who can nothing than crapping around. It is always
unable to help you - even give a clean, proveable answer to the
question: 'how and where to buy an shrinkwrapped OS/2 4.52 from IBM'.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 16, 2003, 7:12:17 PM12/16/03
In <3FDEF7B8...@Augustmail.com>, on 12/16/2003
at 06:16 AM, "Bob St.John" <Sere...@Augustmail.com> said:

>leto...@nospam.net wrote:

>> IBM has different categories of enterprise customers. I think the lowest
>> ranking one has 40 or more employees.

>If course there are eComStation users that large, using eComStation to
>run line of business applications. A little while ago a chain of "drug
>stores" moved to eComStation as their point of sale platform. Ka-ching.

Name some of your ecs enterprise customers booby. You always run away
like the scared little fellow that you on that question..

BTW, why did you try to lie here in public about your Texas tax problems?
Do you really think everyone is as stupid as you?

And who is that not-so-secret partner of yours -- that you once claimed
not to have? -- You know the name, Ying He.

>That's what I like about you and "TM", you spout on and on .. never
>letting facts or reality deter you. That's why you two are among the
>bigger jokes on USENET ... and the planet, actually.

The big joke here is you booby. Now name some of your ecs enterprise
customers -- if you have some you prove me wrong. Why do always run away
from that?

Pssssssssst; its because there are no ecs enterprise customers.

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 16, 2003, 7:31:53 PM12/16/03

hubert you are living proof that ecs is a dead product and the owners are
so completely desperate for a sale that they tolerate your constant
nonsense in the name of their product. -- The fact is you are an
embarrassment to ecs, to yourself and to your country. if booby had any
character he would stop your ranting for ecs here.

In <wmzsGguTDN6N-pn2-GKDtegEsfd4y@moon>, on 12/16/2003

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 16, 2003, 7:41:19 PM12/16/03
In <3FDEF7B8...@Augustmail.com>, on 12/16/2003
at 06:16 AM, "Bob St.John" <Sere...@Augustmail.com> said:

>leto...@nospam.net wrote:

>> IBM has different categories of enterprise customers. I think the lowest
>> ranking one has 40 or more employees.

>If course there are eComStation users that large, using eComStation to
>run line of business applications. A little while ago a chain of "drug
>stores" moved to eComStation as their point of sale platform. Ka-ching.

Name some of your ecs enterprise customers booby. You always run away

like the scared little fellow that you on that question..

BTW, why did you try to lie here in public about your Texas tax problems?
Do you really think everyone is as stupid as you?

And who is that not-so-secret partner of yours -- that you once claimed
not to have? -- You know the name, Ying He.

>That's what I like about you and "TM", you spout on and on .. never
>letting facts or reality deter you. That's why you two are among the
>bigger jokes on USENET ... and the planet, actually.

The big joke here is you booby. Now name some of your ecs enterprise

customers -- if you have some you prove me wrong. Why do always run away
from that?

Pssssssssst; its because there are no ecs enterprise customers.

leto...@nospam.net

leto...@nospam.net

Dec 16, 2003, 7:41:22 PM12/16/03
In <3fdf6e00$0$16481$ba62...@reader5.news.skynet.be>, on 12/16/2003
at 09:41 PM, Luc Van Bogaert <luc.van...@invalid.skynet.be> said:

>Tim Smith wrote:

>> (To everyone else: of course, he'll evade again, because if he ever defined
>> his terms, it would be too easy to see that he is wrong.

>He doesn't even care he's wrong.

But I'm not wrong. ecs is not the same thing as OS2 form IBM, nor does it
have the same quality. -- Now if you have proof that this is not so --
product it!!!

You ecs shills have been asked for that evidence time after time, and you
always run away like scared little boys -- only to come back when it suits
you and attack me.

Obviously, he doesn't even care

>everyone thinks he's a complete idiot,

You and the ecs shills are the idiots. Provide proof that ecs is exactly
the same thing as OS2 form IBM and you win your point.

because every time someone says

>he's an idiot, he just tries harder making an even bigger fool of
>himself than he already is. I say he's crazy as a loon, but he's also
>out to damage OS/2.

No. The crazy ones are you and your kind. This is an OS2 newsgroup. You

Bob St.John

Dec 16, 2003, 8:14:18 PM12/16/03

Actually ... it's because I wouldn't want an account to experience the
same behavior you exhibit here. I'm sure this makes sense to everyone,
even you.

It is loading more messages.