MMOS2 class menu entries installed in different languages?

Peter Weilbacher

Jan 10, 2008, 4:49:42 AM1/10/08
For translation of a Mozilla feature I would like to know what
the menu entries, that are created by the MMOS2 classes, are
called in different languages. So, if you have an OS/2 version
that is neither German nor English, can you please tell me what
the Open As menu contains for files *.avi, *.wav, *.mid, *.jpg?

In English there are three entries for movies and audio files
which we integrate under the terms "Video Player" and "Audio
Player". What would be the suggestions for your language?

Cheers,
Peter.

Message has been deleted

Michel A Goyette

Jan 12, 2008, 3:05:51 PM1/12/08
Le sam, 12 jan 2008 19:39:12 UTC, "Peter Weilbacher"
<news...@weilbacher.org> a écrit:

> Nobody? I know that at least some Italians, Dutch, and Scandinavian
> people are reading this group. :-)

I have an old OS/2 system (french-canadian) somewhere. If it starts
up, I'll be back to you with the information. :-)

--
Salut,

Michel (sur eComStation 1.2 / Warp 4.52)
ICQ #13376913
http://pages.infinit.net/exovede

Message has been deleted

Heikki Kekki

Jan 13, 2008, 5:01:41 AM1/13/08
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:39:12 UTC, "Peter Weilbacher"
<news...@weilbacher.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:49:42 UTC, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>

> Nobody? I know that at least some Italians, Dutch, and Scandinavian
> people are reading this group. :-)

I have finnish Warp4, but not installed any more.

--
Hessu
Feel free to correct my English :-)

Michel A Goyette

Jan 13, 2008, 11:52:22 AM1/13/08
Le sam, 12 jan 2008 20:08:12 UTC, Martin Lafaix <laf...@online.fr> a
écrit:

> On 2008-01-12, Peter Weilbacher <news...@weilbacher.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:49:42 UTC, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> >

> > Nobody? I know that at least some Italians, Dutch, and Scandinavian
> > people are reading this group. :-)
>

> In French, for a change :)
>
> *.avi : Edi~teur vidéo
> ~Lecteur
> Lect~ure
>
> *.wav : ~Editeur audio
> ~Lecteur
> Lect~ure
>
> *.mid : Edi~teur MIDI
> ~Lecteur
> Lect~ure
>
> *.jpg : A~fficheur d'images

> one is enough, and fits with the other entries better.]
>
> As for suggestions for movies and audio files, I would say « Lecteur

Merci Martin. ;-)

Je n'ai pas eu le temps de démarrer mon vieil ordi contenant OS/2.

Message has been deleted

Rich Walsh

Jan 13, 2008, 9:30:17 PM1/13/08
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:17:45 UTC, "Peter Weilbacher" <news...@weilbacher.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:08:12 UTC, Martin Lafaix wrote:
>
> > In French, for a change :)
> >
> > *.avi : Edi~teur vid‚o

> > ~Lecteur
> > Lect~ure
> >
> > *.wav : ~Editeur audio
> > ~Lecteur
> > Lect~ure
> >
> > *.mid : Edi~teur MIDI
> > ~Lecteur
> > Lect~ure
> >
> > *.jpg : A~fficheur d'images
> >
> > [No idea why I have both ® lecteur Ż and ® lecture Ż. Using the first

> > one is enough, and fits with the other entries better.]
> >
> > As for suggestions for movies and audio files, I would say ® Lecteur
> > vid‚o Ż and ® Lecteur audio Ż.
>
> French is good, too. :-) Apart from the one for images the Mozilla-fr
> team already got it right without help. Will tell them...

Peter, the only menuitem that matters is the default item - the others will
never be used. For avi, wav, & mid, it's the one that's a verb (in English,
"play", not the noun "player"). For jpg & other supported image formats,
there's only a single choice, "Image Viewer" or its translation.

--
== == almost usable email address: Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==

| New! DragText v3.9 with NLS support
Rich Walsh | A Distinctly Different Desktop Enhancement
Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/

mentoruccio

Jan 14, 2008, 3:14:26 AM1/14/08
On 12 Gen, 20:39, "Peter Weilbacher" <newss...@weilbacher.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:49:42 UTC, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> Nobody? I know that at least some Italians, Dutch, and Scandinavian
> people are reading this group. :-)

At present time I don't have access to an Italian OS/2 installation,
too bad :-( would like to help, but it's impossible for now. Should I
get to some informations, I will mail you ASAP.

Mentore

Andreas Kohl

Jan 14, 2008, 4:53:45 PM1/14/08
Peter Weilbacher schrieb:

> Nobody? I know that at least some Italians, Dutch, and Scandinavian
> people are reading this group. :-)

Please wait...
I have access to some brazilian portuguese (PT_BR), canadian french and
international english (IE) OS/2 systems.

Andreas
OS/2 systems.

Carlos R. G.

Jan 14, 2008, 5:13:53 PM1/14/08
Peter Weilbacher escribió:

In Spanish OS/2:

JPG: ~Visor de imágenes

AVI: ~Editor de video
Re~productor
Rep~roducir

WAV: ~Editor de audio
Re~productor
Rep~roducir

MID: ~Editor de MIDI
Re~productor
Rep~roducir

Regards,
Carlos

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Jan 15, 2008, 12:15:52 AM1/15/08
On 12 Jan 2008 19:39:12 GMT, Peter Weilbacher wrote:

:>On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:49:42 UTC, Peter Weilbacher wrote:

:>
:>> For translation of a Mozilla feature I would like to know what

:>
:>Nobody? I know that at least some Italians, Dutch, and Scandinavian

:>people are reading this group. :-)

Reading yes, but I don't have a Dutch OS/2 version.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

Alex Taylor

Jan 15, 2008, 8:12:02 AM1/15/08
Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> For translation of a Mozilla feature I would like to know what
> the menu entries, that are created by the MMOS2 classes, are
> called in different languages. So, if you have an OS/2 version
> that is neither German nor English, can you please tell me what
> the Open As menu contains for files *.avi, *.wav, *.mid, *.jpg?

OK, this is from Japanese MCP2...

WAV:
オーディオ・エディター (E) --> Audio Editor
プレーヤー (P) --> Player
再生 (L) --> Playback

JPG:
イメージ・ビューアー (V) --> Image Viewer

AVI:
ビデオ・エディター (E) --> Video Editor
プレーヤー (P) --> Player
再生 (L) --> Playback

I don't have any MIDI files on this system to check with...

> In English there are three entries for movies and audio files
> which we integrate under the terms "Video Player" and "Audio
> Player". What would be the suggestions for your language?

ビデオ・プレーヤー ("video player") and オーディオ・プレーヤー ("audio
player") are probably your best bet.

Peter Weilbacher

Feb 24, 2008, 5:54:39 PM2/24/08
On 14.01.08 23:13, Carlos R. G. wrote:
> Peter Weilbacher escribió:

>> In English there are three entries for movies and audio files
>> which we integrate under the terms "Video Player" and "Audio
>> Player". What would be the suggestions for your language?
>
> In Spanish OS/2:
[...snip...]

Thanks, so the Spanish translation was already correct.
Peter.

Peter Weilbacher

Feb 24, 2008, 5:56:05 PM2/24/08
On 15.01.08 14:12, Alex Taylor wrote:

> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>> In English there are three entries for movies and audio files
>> which we integrate under the terms "Video Player" and "Audio
>> Player". What would be the suggestions for your language?
>
> ビデオ・プレーヤー ("video player") and オーディオ・プレーヤー ("audio
> player") are probably your best bet.

Thanks, finally remembered this and opened a bug report for the
Japanese translators.
Peter.